T.W.A.T. Official Radio debut on WAAF Boston

Toysintheattic82

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just called WAAF because i live right outside of Boston and was wondering when TWAT was comming back on. he said the last airing was 7pm and axl and managment called (prob just managment) and heard it over the internet that they were playing it. The ordered them to stop, so he is complying, then we got talking how good the music was, he said if things played thru, they were going to debut better tommrow morning as they did TWAT today. he said hes never seen such a responce, either negative or positive to songs that have yet to make offical airwaves. Sorry for the bad news dudes.......

CRASH

How stupid is Axl and his management?? they wait till a dj that actually likes and is defending the song to come on the air to finally pull the plug. This is an absolute joke. These people need some marketing lessons. There is nothing better than free press good or bad. Does Axl think that all bands get their demos played on the air every hour for a whole day ?? There is a huge buzz going on and he rejects it. I could understand if these were the digitally recorded final tracks on CD but they are not. I don't think there is a band today that wouldn't love to have their demos hyped and played every hour on a radio station across the country. Not just does Axl reject his fans but he also rejects gppd publicity. Pretty funny how the last call they took was of a guy saying " thank god they finally called and had this fuckin piece of shit song removed". Good job Axl you finally had a dj in your corner to set things straight and you fuck it up.

Man, changing the subject a bit, but Axl's vocals on TWAT are terrible. I just can't get into this song at all. At this point, I think it's horrendous. I like the other two, especially Better, but if this is anything close to the final product of what may be a "Big Gun," I think Axl's in trouble. I wish him and the band all the best, and some of these new songs are really good, but this song so far is a major flop. It might be better that the radio stations can no longer play this.

That's a little harsh, sure. But some of us real fans need to counter all the mindless Axl worship that goes on. For Christ's sake, after all the shit he's put us through for the last 10 years, he deserves it. If the fanboys can't slag Axl off for his bullshit by now, then why don't ya'll just admit that he could release an album of complete silence and you'd still love it.

Yes, I'll buy the album when it comes out. Yes I'll see the show. But I won't go out of my way to convince myself that it's really GnR or that it's any good at all.

Who put you through shit? no-one but yourself, It sucks, that it seems like CD has been on the verge of coming out for years, not to surface, but if you remember, The man himself said to Live your Life, don't wait for this.

There is no obligation for him to make you happy, me happy or anyone else happy. If it comes out, I'll buy it, and hopefully love it. I know this isn't the same GNR I grew to love, but it is the GNR that is here now, and I take it for what it is, The GNR of Today.

But as for feeling obligated that they owe me anything at all, That I don't feel.