Guns N' Roses will play at Download 2006 (UK)

xBrownstonex

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

download - £115 !!!!

rir -£30 + flight £80 = £110

and i know where i would rather be.

Because of the spanish beer ? :lol:

and the weather.

but really, think how cool it would be to get on a plane and go to portugal, have a couple days in the sun at a huge festival and see GNR.

the price will be about the same and it should be a great show seeing how much axl loves rir

completely agree, bin lookin at flights, easyjet from luton flies to lisbon early fri n sat morning, bowt £120 return flight comin home the monday or sunday.

the other bands at download arnt all that (apart from tallica)

has download been officially confirmed?????????????? by management??????????????

Edited by bangit

GUNS N' ROSES have been added to the lineup of this year's Download festival, joining headliners METALLICA who were confirmed earlier in the month.

Download 2006 is scheuled to take place at Castle Donington, Leicestershire, United Kingdom over the weekend of June 9-11. THE PRODIGY, KORN, DEFTONES, CLUTCH, TRIVIUM, and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE are also confirmed for the three-day festival. Tickets are on sale now, priced at £115 for the weekend or £135 with parking and camping. They are expected to sell out early.

GUNS N' ROSES' European tour is now shaping up as follows:

May 27 - Lisbon, POR @ Rock In Rio (Lisbon)

Jun. 3-4 - ITA @ Gods of Metal

Jun. 3-6 - Nurburgring, GER @ Rock am Ring

Jun. 9-11 - Donington, UK @ Download

Jun. 15-17 - Pannonia Fields, AUT @ Nova Rock

In a rare interview conducted by Rolling Stone magazine on Jan. 13, GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose promised fans that the band will be back in 2006 with the long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album.

"People will hear music this year," Rose said. "'Chinese Democracy' is a very complex record. I am trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like QUEEN."

He also added he is working on 32 songs for the album and 26 are finished out of which 13 will feature on the final album. Some songs include "Better", "There was a Time" and "The Blues".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=48652

Fuckinf cool!!! rock3rock3

Guest cherry_bomb
Within Temptation, Hatebreed and InMe are confirmed. As is Lacuna coil.

Edit: Guns are headlining the sunday night. I wonder who will play the Friday night. I can't see AC/DC playing. I have read rumours that Motley Crue may be involved

yeah ive been wondering too, there;s the strange rumour of aersmith too. ac/dc would rule!!

I'd love to see Aerosmith, but I can't see it happening. I also read a rumour about Foo Fighters possibly.

Though the band I would love it to be is Nine Inch Nails. Now that would be one hell of a festival!

EDIT: I hope they dont make the friday into some kind of Indie day like they kinda did last year. The Indie kids have V and Reading/Leeds, Download should be kept purely to Rock and Metal

Edited by Thunderstruck

Ok, im just kinda throwing this out there, and its not that I really believe it, but this guy said GNR were playing Download like a month ago, and they just announced it a couple days ago. I thought he was full of shit, but he ended up being right.

Wouldnt it be something if he was right about the original lineup coming back?? :shades:

GUNS N' ROSES And METALLICA To Play U.K.'s DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL? - Feb. 4, 2006

Will GUNS N' ROSES's classic lineup and METALLICA perform at this year's Download Festival? Legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin seems to think so. According to a February 3, 2006 posting on Halfin's official web site, "the original lineup [of GUNS N' ROSES] is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, METALLICA, if Lars [ulrich, METALLICA drummer] can be bothered to turn up." (UPDATE: Halfin has since removed the posting from his site.)

This year's installment of the Download Festival is set to take place June 9-11 at Donington Park in Leicestershire, England. Confirmed acts so far include THE PRODIGY, TRIVIUM and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, with the full lineup expected to be around 100 rock bands over the three days, according to eFestivals.co.uk.

Tickets went on sale on February 3, priced at £110 for the three days, or £135 including camping and parking. Campervans cost £35, and parking is £5 in advance or £10 on the day.

Edited by mahimahi

I've heard rumours that Slash is taking the stage for the RDS arena gig in dublin on the 9th of June. If thats true then he'l obviously be at Donnington. I'm from Dublin myself and there is alot of talk about it. I'd give my right testicle to see that!! rock1 rock3

I've heard rumours that Slash is taking the stage for the RDS arena gig in dublin on the 9th of June. If thats true then he'l obviously be at Donnington. I'm from Dublin myself and there is alot of talk about it. I'd give my right testicle to see that!! rock1 rock3

Could you imagine being at that show and Axl indroduce Slash like he use to in the old days and Slash just walk out, thats place would go fucking nuts.

I doubt they will ever play together again, but it sure would be nice to see.

And you people need to realise something, Axl and the rest of the band hasnt had one nice word to say about each other since the split, then all of a sudden they are all quoted saying something nice. Whoever thought you would hear Axl say something positive (publicly) about Slash. This could all just be meaningless, but it does make you think.

Edited by mahimahi