Nobody has to defend Axls new sound

Nightcrawler

Exactly. All these people are bashing something that they couldn't hope to compose in their own lifetime..

Fuck that!! Can a reviewer who bashes a movie, book, film or a cd make it better themselves?? Most likely no.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a matter of opinion!! There is no right or wrong here because there is no actual way of determining whether a piece of music is "good" or "bad". Its all a matter of taste. People just gotta chill out, everyone is entitled to their views, including yourself. :)

What I've heard of the new material i've enjoyed alot, and can't wait for the album or to see them live Sunday June 11th at the Download Festival.

Monty

P.S. thanks for sharing the article.

If Axl did an album that was an 4th Guns N roses album people would ask why he needed a new band to do that. If he does something totally different it's not guns n roses. He's gonna make someone mad no matter what he does.

Ultimately it's about Axl being able to relate something to his fans and he knew years ago what he was into, the styles would alienate alot of them. As TWAT makes clear he is trying to give something to the older fans set in thier ways but he's not living in that space.

There is a difference in not liking the style of something and it being bad.

All the members of original GNR who have come out the other end, survived the pressure of the legacy and managed to make some music should be repected. Slash Duff and Matt came out, pushed ahead against impossible expectations and managed to make music that people connected with. Axl seems to have made the music and is getting ready to see if it connects with people and I think when all is said and done, he will find a way to do just that.

Edited by Nightcrawler

lol at people getting mad

listen axl has made good music all his life... have faith in him.. he is a musical genious

he says this stuff will be good and it will be we have heard some of the new stuff and from what iv heard i think its amazing, im liking this new stuff better then velvet revolver (people used to think the old members where the key to guns n roses especialy slash but compare there velvet revolver stuff with this new CD stuff) axl really is the key and hes gonna prove all the lame media who had talked about him and his music being rubbish

he will restore rock once and for all

goooood luck axl!!!

I find it interesting that he actually took time to understand music,

developing himself as a true artist and musician rather than sitting on his ass

and make the same sounding records.

The old band proved to make it through 4 records.

But it seemed like they failed with the 5th. Personally I think they should´ve

gone for a harder appetite, with more 90ies influences. And not the street talk.

It would´ve been good, and then come out with a slower record like CD.

Slash could and should handle the solos on the tracks heard. I think Fincks

talent and take on modern music would influence Slash and build him up with

a more modern sound. Could be he never wanted to.

But I know Duff and Matt would... Izzy is kinda freakish tho :P