GNR & Motley Crue

madison

Apparently GNR will be sharing the stage with Motley Crue during the band's Dublin gig on June 9.

Not sure if this is one-time date - or if GNR will be touring with the Crue for more shows.

Your thoughts?

Would you like to see GNR tour with them or do you hope this is a one-time event?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the adverts have been played on irish radio all morning, tickets on sale saturday, this is unbelieveable news, i don't care who supports to be honest, the crue will draw a crowd, i expect it to sell out instantly

so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard rumours that Slash will be taking the stage with GN'R on the 9th of june for the Dublin gig. Its prob a load of bullshit....hopefuly not though! can anyone shed some light on this rumour???

I honestly do think the old gunners will play a part in these festivals.

yeah the adverts have been played on irish radio all morning, tickets on sale saturday, this is unbelieveable news, i don't care who supports to be honest, the crue will draw a crowd, i expect it to sell out instantly

so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me about it, could't beleive it when I found out this morning! best wednesday morning ever!!!!!!! I'm guessing ticketmaster are taking care of it? Could be a camping out overnight job! rock3

Motley Crue are not washed up. they had the #9 grossing tour of 2005. they're about to put out a new album as well. don't lump them in with the Poisons and the Warrants of the world. they were more than just a cut above that. they were highly influential in the '80's and GNR might not have ever gotten a record deal if it wasn't for the Crue's popularity. and remember this, Tom Zutaut, the guy who discovered GNR, was the guy that brought the Crue to Elektra records some 5 or 6 years earlier. they came from the same scene, so if you lump the Crue in with those cheesy copycat bands, then put GNR in there as well. if you were around back then, you should know all this. if your one of the younger GNR fans on this board you gotta realize if there had been no Crue there would have been no GNR.

in response to Maddy's question, i believe this has to be a one time deal, because the Crue are going in the studio in May. this must be just a one-off gig for them. probably getting some good $$$ money to appear. that's probably the same reason Axl and Vince will be at the same venue WILLINGLY!! with that being said though, wouldn't it be cool if they buried the hatchet? it would be great for Rock N' Roll if GNR and Crue could tour the US together in '07.

Edited by artfromtex

I definately dont want to see that happen. Mötley is out of GN'R's league, I hope its just one show, not others.

Agreed!! Motley Crue (like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi among others) has been writting and re-writting the same song over and over since the early 80's. It was fun back then, but it really gets tiresome. Those guys should stop embarrasing themselves and get get real jobs.

Axl has been continuously trying to re-invent himself and grow musically. It didn't always work (e.g. my world), but I respect that in him...it shows he is a true artist, not a fucking record company employee.

Motley Crue are not washed up. they had the #9 grossing tour of 2005. they're about to put out a new album as well. don't lump them in with the Poisons and the Warrants of the world. they were more than just a cut above that.

Motley Crue may be better than Poison or Warrant, and they may still be a big draw for concerts nowadays, but being a big concert draw doesn't mean you are musically relevant. If GnR had been trying to reproduce AfD over and over again since 1987, I would put them in the same league as Motley Crue. In fact, I think VR belongs in that category. But Axl -- for good or bad -- is an innovator. Starting with UYI, he was already trying to build upon and develop the GnR sound instead of just repeating ot over and over as Motley Crue has done with their sound.

Edited by macunaima