GNR & Motley Crue

madison

Motley Crue rock! I'm not gonna get into the technical side, but i love their music, Vince's voice, Mick's guitar, Nikki's lyrics, Tommy's drum solos pretty much everything. To be honset i was a little more excited about going to see them than going to see new guns n roses.

And music aside, let's get shallow here, these days, motley crue are actually a hotter band than gnr :P:P hehehehe!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motley Crue and Guns N' Roses are the best Rock bands still going FACT

No, they're not. While GNR may deserve that accolade because their music has stood the test of time, Motley Crue are nothing more than 80s rejects. In the 80s they epitomised glam rock and hair metal. They never transcended the genre they were placed in, unlike GNR. They are now glam rock refugees who attract a few nostalgic cunts who wish we were still in 1987. They're absolute jokers. Their songs sould have been written by a five year old - no joke.

Without you, there's no change

My nights and days are grey

If I reached out and touched the rain

It just wouldn't feel the same

Without you, I'd be lost

I'd slip down from the top

I'd slide down so low

Girl you'd never, never know...

It's god-damn fucking travesty that they're even going to be allowed to share a stage with Axl Rose and the new gunners. I would far rather see GNR tour with one of the quality British rock bands that are around at the moment - Babyshambles maybe - than see them with a load of never-weres singing songs even more clichéd, immature and inane than the one above.

Those Motely Crue cunts should crawl back into their pop/reality TV careers or just jump in front of a truck and save us all the agony of watching them!

Fuck off you little prick. Hmm Motley Crue or Babyshambles what a toughie i have no idea who is the better band out of these two. Babyshambles :lol:, fuck off

Babyshambles, or the Libertines, are a good solid British rock band. They don't have to sell themselves like whores to sell records - reality TV: "Look at me, I'm a fat balding cunt with some sun-dried bird on my arm; I need plastic surgery and liposuction and have decided to make a reality TV show out of it to inject some life back into one of the worst bands to come from the glam rock scene"! Babyshambles music isn't anything amazing, but it's a damn-sight better than downright atrocious - i.e. Motely Crue. And at least it's just honest, down-to-earth music. No frills, no gimmicks, just plain honesty. Isn't that what rock n' roll is supposed to be? Not a freakshow with midgits in bondage gear, thousands of dancers, floating drumsets, tightrope walkers, motor-bikes on stage, etc.

Motley Crue aren't rock n' roll. They're just another pop band who need all these gimmicks because their records are/were so damn appalling, immature and talentless that they wouldn't get any attention or airtime without them! They're no different to KISS and they're far worse than poison. At least Poison knew what they were - a pop band aiming their records at pre-pubescents. Motley Crue walk around like they weren't a group of terrible musicians who epitomised glam rock. I'd much rather see Kelly Clarkson of Justin Timberlake open for GNR. At least there's some honesty to what they do - they don't pretend to be something they're not. Motley Crue pretend to be some bad-ass rock n' roll band when they are about as far from what rock n' roll is supposed to be as it's possible to get!

Suck on that you little prick!

Edited by Appetite For Waiting

No, they're not. While GNR may deserve that accolade because their music has stood the test of time, Motley Crue are nothing more than 80s rejects. In the 80s they epitomised glam rock and hair metal. They never transcended the genre they were placed in, unlike GNR. They are now glam rock refugees who attract a few nostalgic cunts who wish we were still in 1987. They're absolute jokers. Their songs sould have been written by a five year old - no joke.

Without you, I'd be lost

I'd slide down so low

It's god-damn fucking travesty that they're even going to be allowed to share a stage with Axl Rose and the new gunners. I would far rather see GNR tour with one of the quality British rock bands that are around at the moment - Babyshambles maybe - than see them with a load of never-weres singing songs even more clichéd, immature and inane than the one above.

Those Motely Crue cunts should crawl back into their pop/reality TV careers or just jump in front of a truck and save us all the agony of watching them!

Fuck off you little prick. Hmm Motley Crue or Babyshambles what a toughie i have no idea who is the better band out of these two. Babyshambles :lol:, fuck off

Babyshambles, or the Libertines, are a good solid British rock band. They don't have to sell themselves like whores to sell records - reality TV: "Look at me, I'm a fat balding cunt with some sun-dried bird on my arm; I need plastic surgery and liposuction and have decided to make a reality TV show out of it to inject some life back into one of the worst bands to come from the glam rock scene"! Babyshambles music isn't anything amazing, but it's a damn-sight better than downright atrocious - i.e. Motely Crue. And at least it's just honest, down-to-earth music. No frills, no gimmicks, just plain honesty. Isn't that what rock n' roll is supposed to be? Not a freakshow with midgits in bondage gear, thousands of dancers, floating drumsets, tightrope walkers, motor-bikes on stage, etc.

Motley Crue aren't rock n' roll. They're just another pop band who need all these gimmicks because their records are/were so damn appalling, immature and talentless that they wouldn't get any attention or airtime without them! They're no different to KISS and they're far worse than poison. At least Poison knew what they were - a pop band aiming their records at pre-pubescents. Motley Crue walk around like they weren't a group of terrible musicians who epitomised glam rock. I'd much rather see Kelly Clarkson of Justin Timberlake open for GNR. At least there's some honesty to what they do - they don't pretend to be something they're not. Motley Crue pretend to be some bad-ass rock n' roll band when they are about as far from what rock n' roll is supposed to be as it's possible to get!

to you, i extend a heartfelt "Fuck off and die". good day, sir.

Without you, I'd be lost

I'd slide down so low

Of course you do - that's generally what people do when they are confronted with the truth and can't formulate an argument against it. Your "fuck off and die" is merely confirmation that you know, in your heart of hearts, that what I said is true!

Babyshambles released their debut album on the 14th of November 2005 entitled Down In Albion

in 2028 will anybody know how they are?

I knew who the Crue were in 1983 and I know who they are now.

Babyshambles = flash in the pan

no where near the same league

Without you, I'd be lost

I'd slide down so low

Of course you do - that's generally what people do when they are confronted with the truth and can't formulate an argument against it. Your "fuck off and die" is merely confirmation that you know, in your heart of hearts, that what I said is true!

look, Freud, you have an opinion about MC. i can't change your opinion. what i hate about assholes like you is you think you're opinion is absolute fact. why go on so long about why you don't like them? are you trying to convince me, or yourself? fuck it, i''ll leave the psycho-babble to you, the expert.

What is wrong with all the fucking bitches and whiners on this board, everytime i visit here ( satan forbid for doing it ) all i see is people whining.

And stupid fanboys, the majority of the people here seem to be under the age of 14.

And yes im whining on the whiners, it makes me feel good.

This show would be the biggest show in years, and all you do is criticizing it.

Two of the biggest bands from the 80´s, show em som fucking respect.

It's one thing for people to not like Motley Crue, but to trash them and regard them as garbage is going way too far. Just because their songs don't have "deep" lyrics and nine-minute epic piano pieces doesn't mean they are not a really good band. They may not be the most advanced band musically, but they are pretty damn good musicians in their own rights. Tommy Lee is a better drummer than both Adler, Sorum, and Brain (imo), Nikki is at least average on bass, Mick is extremely underrated (he still doesn't come close to Slash though), and Vince is good enough to maintain an entertaining show (although he comes nowhere close to Axl). They have a lot of really catchy songs and put on a phenomenal show. That being said, Guns is definitely a lot deeper and more experimental, but they have done absolutely nothing since 1993. At least the Crue has been releasing albums and touring at least sporadically in that time. Gn'r are my favorite band and they are better than the Crue, but Motley Crue is not a joke and is pretty solid musically. Their current tour has had amazing sales, and hopefully the same will be said for Guns (and I'm sure it will). Both bands kick ass.

It's one thing for people to not like Motley Crue, but to trash them and regard them as garbage is going way too far. Just because their songs don't have "deep" lyrics and nine-minute epic piano pieces doesn't mean they are not a really good band. They may not be the most advanced band musically, but they are pretty damn good musicians in their own rights. Tommy Lee is a better drummer than both Adler, Sorum, and Brain (imo), Nikki is at least average on bass, Mick is extremely underrated (he still doesn't come close to Slash though), and Vince is good enough to maintain an entertaining show (although he comes nowhere close to Axl). They have a lot of really catchy songs and put on a phenomenal show. That being said, Guns is definitely a lot deeper and more experimental, but they have done absolutely nothing since 1993. At least the Crue has been releasing albums and touring at least sporadically in that time. Gn'r are my favorite band and they are better than the Crue, but Motley Crue is not a joke and is pretty solid musically. Their current tour has had amazing sales, and hopefully the same will be said for Guns (and I'm sure it will). Both bands kick ass.

You Sir have just posted the best post of the year so far *applauds*

If there's any question that Motley Crue is a rock and roll band, read The Dirt.

Exactly, Appetite For Waiting hates the Crue for some reason. Maybe they disappointed him at an early age or some of their lyrics he was singing got him in trouble with mummy and daddy. As was said before by artfromtex about Appetite For Waiting "what i hate about assholes like you is you think you're opinion is absolute fact" that quote is gold

You Sir have just posted the best post of the year so far *applauds*

If there's any question that Motley Crue is a rock and roll band, read The Dirt.

Exactly, Appetite For Waiting hates the Crue for some reason. Maybe they disappointed him at an early age or some of their lyrics he was singing got him in trouble with mummy and daddy. As was said before by artfromtex about Appetite For Waiting "what i hate about assholes like you is you think you're opinion is absolute fact" that quote is gold

Absolute gold - about as original as a Motley Crue song! And BTW, I didn't even know who Motley Crue were when I was a kid - thank God!

You have obviously misinterpreted why I dislike Motley Crue. The reason is simple: their attitude. If they didn't walk around with a huge chip on their shoulder, claiming that they should be ranked up their with Deep Purple, Zeppelin, GNR, etc, which they do, then I wouldn't have anything against them. If they said: "Look, we're just a fun rock n' roll band; we don't take ourselves seriously; we put out inoffensive music for the kids; we have a few gimmicks and we have a great time on stage and we hope the crowds can enjoy our shows as much as we do" then I would have no problem with them whatsoever. In fact, I would have a great deal of respect for them. Hell, I would even like the band.

BUT THEY DON'T. They walk around with a giant chip on their shoulder. They think that they deserve to be ranked with rock n' roll legends, which they plainly don't. It's exactly like KISS - Simmons, in particular, walks around saying that KISS are the greatest rock n' roll band in history. If the Crue and Simmons were just mucking around, fair dos. But they're not. They actually believe it. And what's much sadder - some fools, who obviously don't have a mind of their own, buy into it.

I have a great respect for Brett Michaels and Poison because they never claimed to be anything more than just a fun rock n' roll/poppy band. As such, songs such as Unskinny Bop and #1 Bad boy, and their ridiculously immature lyrics, could be taken as just a bit of fun. They never compared themselves to bands that were obviously far more accomplished and far more influnencial than they could ever wish to be.

Motley Crue think they should be ranked as a great rock n' roll band. Well, if that's what they want, then they have to be judged at that standard. And they fall WAY SHORT. When their music and lyrics are compared to even the lesser-known stuff by GNR, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, etc, then it pales into gross insignificance. It doesn't even belong in the same category, never mind league.

That's why I judged them so harshly - because they asked to be judged by that standard. If we hear them saying something different, then we can judge them alongside their more natural bed-fellows - Poison, KISS, Cinderella, and all the other poppy hair-metal bands of the 80s. Until then, they have to be judged against the best. And it doesn't take too long to pass judgement, does it?!

All I have to say is after seeing Motley Crue rock it this summer, GNR better be in fine form or they will be shown up by the Crue.....probably not on purpose. The Crue just kick ass in concert and are what rock n' roll is about...good, bad ass party music. They aren't trying to make 9 minute epics. Sure, they aren't the best musicians, but they know it and it isn't like GNR is the best either in that aspect. Heck, GNR overall is composed of about 10-15 guys over its lifespan, so they better have more diversity than the 5 guys that have been involved with the Crue.

There is no point bitching about what you don't know about if you haven't seen either, or were too young to not experience a Crue or GNR show...it changes nothing and you look like an idiot. No need to try to justify Guns all the time...what is it you are trying to make them the best of anyway? Just your mind? They won't get any awards or be any cooler. Open your minds and enjoy it all.

Should be one rocking concert. rock1

I think it's interesting they're sharing a gig with Mötley Crüe in Dublin and Metallica at NovaRock but I hope it's only a one time thing with Crüe. What'll be interesting to see is if Axl will interact will the guys from these bands. I think I remember Michael Monroe from Hanoi Rocks saying that it had been impossible to see Axl even though they had gigs at the same festival and that Guns N' Roses had changed days so that they wouldn't have to perform on the same day at the festival with Hanoi Rocks. I think this was one of the European dates back in 2002.

Edited by G n F n R

I just checked out Babyshambles on iTunes. Man what a joke :rofl-lol: It's you average alt-rock pussy music. These losers come a dime a dozen. If Axl has schmucks like that opening for him, it would actually be a step down from mixmaster mike or whatever that DJ was.

I just checked out Babyshambles on iTunes. Man what a joke :rofl-lol: It's you average alt-rock pussy music. These losers come a dime a dozen. If Axl has schmucks like that opening for him, it would actually be a step down from mixmaster mike or whatever that DJ was.

we can tell your 14 or a fuckin NIN fan!, you never heard of fuckin motley crue?>.