GNR & Motley Crue

madison

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked out Babyshambles on iTunes. Man what a joke :rofl-lol: It's you average alt-rock pussy music. These losers come a dime a dozen. If Axl has schmucks like that opening for him, it would actually be a step down from mixmaster mike or whatever that DJ was.

we can tell your 14 or a fuckin NIN fan!, you never heard of fuckin motley crue?>.

Yeah, I've heard of Motley Crue. I think they are one of the greatest bands in rock history, up there right behind GN'R. So I'd love to see them play wiht GN'R. I think we're on the same page about that, so what's your point?

And I do like NIN, but you're off by 10 years on my age.

dammit the festivals suck in the us no one good ever shows up. GNR better tour in the us or i will be so pissed!!!!!!! But yea the cure thing would be cool i guess i mean they have some good songs. I hope they show these shows on TV hbo or ppv or something bc A lot of good bands are going to play.

Alright, I think this would be a hell of a show, BUT...... Dont ever put Motley on the same level as GNR! Motley have twice the Albums of GNR and sell half as many nowadays, so if you want to talk relevance........

P.S. Half drunk so dont try to correct my spelling or grammar, that would be pointless! Also, I love MOTLEY so dont think i am being unfair!

If Motley Crue tours with GnR, the Crue needs to be the opening act, and only play 5-6 songs. I saw them in 2000, I think, and it was the worst show I've ever been to. Vince couldn't stay on stage and keep his breath for more than two songs. Their music has been uninspired since the early 90s. Gen Swine had, maybe, 1 good song on it. Even the retread of Shout at the Devil was horrible. They never were very musically diverse, but they did rock a bit.

Also, they ruined Anarchy in the UK.

i hope axl makes a good impression on motley crue, cause MC definitely have a lot of pull in the music world and they tell it like it is...so if many motley crue fans hear nikki sixx saying good things about axl then that would definitely be noticed by many, but if he says shitty things the same goes...

i hope axl makes a good impression on motley crue, cause MC definitely have a lot of pull in the music world and they tell it like it is...so if many motley crue fans hear nikki sixx saying good things about axl then that would definitely be noticed by many, but if he says shitty things the same goes...

:lol: That was fucking hilarious!

I just checked out Babyshambles on iTunes. Man what a joke :rofl-lol: It's you average alt-rock pussy music. These losers come a dime a dozen. If Axl has schmucks like that opening for him, it would actually be a step down from mixmaster mike or whatever that DJ was.

Alternative rock pussy music is what, like it or not, we call modern music. If the general recption of VR's Contraband shows anything, it's that there just isn't a market for heavy metal anymore. The point you make is a good one, but back-to-front. If Axl has Motley Crue open for him then he will lose the respect of thousands of the new generation of music fans who can't remember the 80s and hence see straight through Motley Crue. They see them as complete jokers.

Even if these new bands are "pussy alt.-rock", they are at least popular at the moment.

What worries me about a GNR-Motley tour is that it will be seen as some sort of anachronism. It will be seen as some sort of nostalgic event. That's exactly what Motley Crue want, because people pining for the 80s is the only way they can get people into their concerts. But it's NOT what Axl wants. His music is top quality and has the ability to appeal to the new generation. He doesn't need some glam rock refugees trailing him and lowering the tone of his comeback!

Alternative rock pussy music is what, like it or not, we call modern music. If the general recption of VR's Contraband shows anything, it's that there just isn't a market for heavy metal anymore. The point you make is a good one, but back-to-front. If Axl has Motley Crue open for him then he will lose the respect of thousands of the new generation of music fans who can't remember the 80s and hence see straight through Motley Crue. They see them as complete jokers.

Even if these new bands are "pussy alt.-rock", they are at least popular at the moment.

What worries me about a GNR-Motley tour is that it will be seen as some sort of anachronism. It will be seen as some sort of nostalgic event. That's exactly what Motley Crue want, because people pining for the 80s is the only way they can get people into their concerts. But it's NOT what Axl wants. His music is top quality and has the ability to appeal to the new generation. He doesn't need some glam rock refugees trailing him and lowering the tone of his comeback!

absolutely untrue. they have declined many offers to tour with other '80's bands. Nikki rips the nostalgia aspect all the time. when Brides of Destruction came out they were offered to open for KISS, which would have given them alot of exposure. when they found out that Poison would also be on the bill, they pulled out. fact is, the Crue do have new fans as a result of their reunion tour (which did have a theme of nostalgia, but it IS a reunion tour). they're about to do a new album and at every show they make a point to tell everyone, "hey, we're coming back with some new music for you fuckers". the Red, White, and Crue anthology had three new songs on it. they played two of those songs live. you're whole "Motley is stuck in a time warp" arguement is BS. look at Tommy Lee, ya think he's stuck in the '80's? bullshit!

as far as being on of the greatest bands of all time. they might not be in the top 10, but they ARE in the mix. like it or not, the '80's DID HAPPEN and they ruled the roost for a huge chunk of the '80's. they were very influential and sold a shit load of records. they also have consistently had one of the best live shows of any band to grace a stage. they're top-notch performers and they now how to excite a crowd. you may THINK that they suck, and that's fine. everyone's entitled to their opinion. but, some of your "facts" you use in your arguements are just complete bullshit.

I am indifferent about Motley Crue. Half the people who say they suck here will have heard like 1 song. I've only heard a few to be honest. I enjoy Sick Love Song. I understand they put on a bitchin' stage show. It will be excellent to see them and GN'R sharing a stage. Of all the places in the world they could play a massive show like this... they choose Dublin, Ireland? That's confusing to say the least. No offense to the Irish but it's quite a random place to have that show. With any luck they will announce a tour date in Scotland.

I am indifferent about Motley Crue. Half the people who say they suck here will have heard like 1 song. I've only heard a few to be honest. I enjoy Sick Love Song. I understand they put on a bitchin' stage show. It will be excellent to see them and GN'R sharing a stage. Of all the places in the world they could play a massive show like this... they choose Dublin, Ireland? That's confusing to say the least. No offense to the Irish but it's quite a random place to have that show. With any luck they will announce a tour date in Scotland.

That would be the best fucking thing ever in the history of Scotland

Representatives for MÖTLEY CRÜE "claim to know nothing" about the group's previously announced June 9 in Dublin's RDS Arena as the support act for GUNS N' ROSES, according to MTV.com. In addition, representatives for both Geffen and Interscope, the two labels most likely to release GUNS N' ROSES new album, "Chinese Democracy", said they didn't have any information about a release date for the album or even which label might release it.

source :gnrsucks.com/2ti/

Dude you're so stuck in the 90s it's not even funny. You need to get out more and see what the kids are into nowadays. I'm 24 and I meet kids still in high school and they are into Motley and Poison. Nobody gives a shit anymore about eMpTyV or Rolling Drone's notion of what is "modern" music. You can either wake up and see what's going on out there, or you can sit in your cocoon and wonder why record sales are dropping all the time and blame it on the internet. I got news for you: your pussy alt music is out, welcome to the 21st century!

I'm in the other half, then. I liked them when I was a kid, but they were musical candy. There's really not much to their music. That said, they are enjoyable to listen to, and they're not as empty as some others like Poison, Firehouse, and Warrant. On the bad side, again, though, their show that I saw in Anchorage was TERRIBLE. Worst show I've ever been to. I hear Vince is in better shape now, though.

If Axl is trying to distance himself from the past musically, I wonder why they would be touring with Motley Crue, who haven't done anything creative since the mid 80's and are just in it for the money at this point. They're banking on their past success, all of those 80's bands, and I would hope Axl is confident enough in his material that he still feels relevent, and thus having no need for any nostalgia tours.

I think it'd be cool if they got a band like Silvertide, those guys apparently love GNR and put on a hell of a show .

Edited by Ant

why do people keep talking about GN'R touring with motley crue? as far as I know, motley is gonna be co-headlining with aerosmith, and there is just one show where they will be on the same bill as GNR and that's in europe.

That said, considering motley's ability to draw crowds and their broad appeal, it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to tour together.