local radio DJ "scared" to play I.R.S.

Carne_asaDA

I don't normally listen to the radio, but I got in my car during lunch break today and WTTJ was getting over. After the song the DJ from Z92 which is one of Omaha's major rock stations starting talking about the news of the band playing in Europe and blah....blah. She went on to talk about IRS which she played yesterday. She said that she got calls from listeners who were pissed and hated that song. She said that she would leave it to the next DJ to play it cause now she's scared to play it. So I gave her a call and had a conversation. She said that people were literally pissed. I asked her if she has played any of the other leaks. She said that the station does not play leaks. This was sent to her by the actual record company. So.........IRS first single?????????????

Used to live in Omaha, still visit there often. Funny that Z92 played IRS and people got pissed because they thought it was bad.

Off topic:

Husker you the one from DoghouseBoxing?

Yep.

I think she's got her wires crossed. The version that is being played is the same demo version that we all have. It is not a finished, chrisply produced version. Unless the GNR camp have sent out the demo from 4 (probably more) years ago, she is mistaken.

Unless perhaps what we all think is an unfinished, "raw" version of the song, is actually the finished product. :shocked:

How do we know they're only demos?

If that's a final version, then I am the Pope.

I think she's got her wires crossed. The version that is being played is the same demo version that we all have. It is not a finished, chrisply produced version. Unless the GNR camp have sent out the demo from 4 (probably more) years ago, she is mistaken.

I don't think so. We have heard several people now say that the IRS version being played on the radio (myself being one of those people) sounds crisper and alot 'better' than the version we have.

-darknemus

Dude, I know the one I heard on KROQ in LA yesterday and today is cleaner and crisper than the demo I have. I know because I played the demo on the same computer I was streaming online from and it sounded different.

lol dude, I heard it too, it is exactly the same one. It sounds different becaues it was compressed for net stream. I didn't think it sounded better at all.

guys, I work at a rock station here in Virginia, and if you saw the amount of eq racks and other equipment we have in there to sweeten up the sound of songs being broadcasted out, you would realize that the IRS versions that you guys are hearing that you think are cleaner are really the demo versions we have just run through all the audio processing racks. I mean it is a huge difference, especially when you do a A/B comparison right there in the studio.

Where at in VA?

Well from first off hand experince with working with music, useing the editing software and that type of stuff. Their are ways to give songs a crisper cleaner sound if you know what to do. Its most likey that all these are just the demo's we have and they just fixed them up alittle more. But the songs do sound diffrenet when you go from headphones to speakers. But i still like them eather way.