Management must be behind this

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

There's too much.

You see, radio stations don't play demos. Even by popular demand. People don't just send songs and they put them on air. ANY radio DJ would know this could get them in huge trouble.

So Merck hands out some cease and desists to radio stations that are playing the song repeatedly, right? Well how come so many are still playing the song?

If the management were REALLY trying to keep this all to a minimum it wouldn't be nearly so widespread by now. All radio stations would have been sent a bulletin: "DO NOT PLAY ANY 'NEW' GUNS N' ROSES TRACKS." They're all acting like they don't know any better (ahem).

So darknemus said in another thread he thinks IRS being played on some radio stations is a different version, and I think even the demo we were given is a bit different from the Eddie Trunk tape.

And now a radio station claims "someone" gave them Prostitute but they won't play it - RIGHT AFTER we heard rumours from Virgin (reliable despite the poor writing of that particular article) that Prostitute was "expected" next - WHO SAID IT WAS EXPECTED?! And how strange that now a radio station claims they have it.

And I'll further stress what I pointed out in another thread - Axl says his favorite songs from the album are Better, TWAT and The Blues and mysteriously two of these tracks happen to leak a month later. (Which means we've now heard all three.)

My prediction? We'll get Prostitute very soon, and it won't be due to "leakers" so much as GN'R Management.

Seriously, what better way to hype an album and a re-introduction of a long-gone band then to release some promising tracks onto the 'net to cause a fuss?

And what better way to get on the radio, too.

Edited by JohnUlmer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, we should wait and hear from axl himself what his gameplan is.............this is all to weird. I actually expected a press release or somekinda statement today......but I guess it ain't coming anytime soon....I wonder what they have in store for us.....it better be good, coz I aint buying GH2. :lol:

Edited by Dont Try Me

It could also be that the DJ making these claims is aware of the rumors that "Prostitute" will be leaked soon, and he is trying to mess with the fans.

It could also be that "Prostitute" is the first single, and has already been received at some stations, and is only awaiting confirmation from the label to be aired.

Who knows. If there is a "Prostitute" leak, and this DJ has it, then it won't be long until we get it as well.

Santana.gif

~Santana

Why would the management want people to hear these demo versions? Its these versions that are giving most of the puplic a negative opinion about the songs. Surely it makes no sense to allow radios to play half-ass versions of the songs.

Edited by thewisegod

Why would the management want people to hear these demo versions. Its these versions that are giving most of the puplic a negative oppinion about the songs. Surely it makes no sense to allow radios to play half-ass versions of the songs.

Negative? I don't think so, at least not from the real fans. I think when you wait over 10 years to finish an album, there is going to be major criticism.

I wouldnt be surprised if Axl released the IRS, Better, and TWAT demos on purpose just to see which one the fans warmed up to the most. Then collect the 13 out of the 32 songs that are closest to that sound and put them on the first album...The second album will probably be more experimental and different from everything else we've heard....and since the obvious winner is Better, this album should kick a whole lot of ass. Just a theory.

Your post is full of shit.

A management that leaks demo tracks to a radio station for an album that's causing the biggest hype in rock history for the past 10 years isn't really managing anything, is it?

If they really wanted to get stuff on the radio, they'd send out promo discs. Not a 2 minute snippet of a song. <_<

Radio stations are playing the demo's because of the hype around it. Because people are already interested. Not because a management sends it to them. What's the point in giving radiostations stuff to broadcast if it doesn't even sound like what's on the actual album?

90% of the speculation at this board makes no sense. You're all believing in your own conspiracy theories just to get a theory on why something has been done. Just wait and be silent. You'll get to hear it anyway.

A management that leaks demo tracks to a radio station for an album that's causing the biggest hype in rock history for the past 10 years isn't really managing anything, is it?

If they really wanted to get stuff on the radio, they'd send out promo discs. Not a 2 minute snippet of a song. <_<

Radio stations are playing the demo's because of the hype around it. Because people are already interested. Not because a management sends it to them. What's the point in giving radiostations stuff to broadcast if it doesn't even sound like what's on the actual album?

90% of the speculation at this board makes no sense. You're all believing in your own conspiracy theories just to get a theory on why something has been done. Just wait and be silent. You'll get to hear it anyway.

wait for official statements..........You'll get em'

back to normal R&R Chaos following Guns N' Roses.........dontcha love it?

Relax dude, its called discussion. No ones passing their shit off as actual fact. Its fun to speculate at the possiblities of strange happenings, especially with this band. Whats the fun in just "waiting" and "being silent"....whatd you think youd find in a fan forum?

Relax dude, its called discussion. No ones passing their shit off as actual fact. Its fun to speculate at the possiblities of strange happenings, especially with this band. Whats the fun in just "waiting" and "being silent"....whatd you think youd find in a fan forum?

I know it's called discussion, that's what everybody's here for. But unlike other fanforums where they actually discuss what's real, this place sometimes indeed is like a big garbage can like Axl once said. All these people here with their theory on why Axl would do something, or why something happens. The bottom line is; you don't know. I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows. Only Axl knows.

But while the speculation only gets bigger, the theories get more ridiculous. People start believing their own theories, which makes it even more ridiculous.

i think it's funny how people are passing judgement on the leaks. "these songs are terrible" "we waited 10 years for this garbage" etc... what we have are three very original, very different and very complex songs. TWAT is nearly comparable to songs like Estranged or Breakdown, but obviously tweaked to suit the new band's style. IRS is more in line with the edgy, hard rock of the old GnR. and Better... 'nuff said.

sure 10 years is a hell of a long time to wait for an album, but to people who say, "i can't believe i waited 10 years for THIS" and saying it's shit, TELL ME WHAT YOU EXPECTED. WHAT SOUND DID YOU WANT? perhaps you expected Axl to come back with an entirely different voice, and no guitars, maybe no music at all.

i just don't understand how people can completely dismiss an album before it's even been released. sounds like a bunch of "fans" who gave up on GnR a long time ago, and were already going to bash Chinese Democracy no matter what the music sounded like. that's fine, i'll just be enjoying the music while you're complaining. got my Appetite and UYI and some of Chinese Democracy on shuffle right now, and loving every bit of it.

I have to admit I've had many of the same thoughts that JohnUlmer made in his post.

First, it took more than 10 hours for them to ask us and other forums to remove the links.

Second, radio stations don't usually play random clips from strangers off the street. They just don't. Anybody who knows anything about radio knows that playlists are carefully planned with the approval of PDs, MDs and others.

Third, many people are saying the radio version is clearer and crisper than the leaked "demo" all of us heard.

If none of this was planned - then there were certainly a lot of odd coincidences.

If if it was planned - and intentional - then - someone was very smart. Afterall, it's created a tremendous buzz around a band that hasn't cut an album in a decade - but who's planning a tour at this time. And all of the hype and publicity cost nothing. Pretty smart. ... Just my 2 cents.

I have to admit I've had many of the same thoughts that JohnUlmer made in his post.

First, it took more than 10 hours for them to ask us and other forums to remove the links.

Second, radio stations don't usually play random clips from strangers off the street. They just don't. Anybody who knows anything about radio knows that playlists are carefully planned with the approval of PDs, MDs and others.

Third, many people are saying the radio version is clearer and crisper than the leaked "demo" all of us heard.

If none of this was planned - then there were certainly a lot of odd coincidences.

If if it was planned - and intentional - then - someone was very smart. Afterall, it's created a tremendous buzz around a band that hasn't cut an album in a decade - but who's planning a tour at this time. And all of the hype and publicity cost nothing. Pretty smart. ... Just my 2 cents.

Good, so THAT being said if "Prostitute" hits the board you'd keep it up for awhile...right???!!!

Good, so THAT being said if "Prostitute" hits the board you'd keep it up for awhile...right???!!!

Nope. We've been asked not to post links, and we won't.

Honestly - why would fans really want to hear the whole album before it's released? Not cool.