Management must be behind this

Guest JohnUlmer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the comments Axl made to that magician guy at Victoria's Secret...GH2 before album.

Is is possible that Axl has played songs for record company...and they don't hear a mass appeal to the songs.

I like the potential in the demo's. But if the finished songs are very close to these demo's there is NOTHING that the average fan of music is going to like.

So maybe it's not Axl, but the record company who is not sure if the songs are good enough to release?

Thus leak 3 of the stronger songs...for reaction, etc...

just my .02

Its a great song! but i got dissapointed, its great, but from the 2 min clip i thought it would be better.. the singing is cool.. its heavier! and i didnt like the solo that much., not breath taking! but as mentioned everywere:P its only a demo

It's alot different to how i thought it would sound after the original!!!

Yes, the full version does exist, I've listened to it four times (though I kind of wish I hadn't, the first two minutes is the best part anyway).

It kind of loses its flow after the chorus. But remember that this is still a demo, I imagine that the finish product will be much sharper and straightforward.

Cheers,

Andrew

after hearing that sweet guitar solo on the full better demo, i really want buckethead to come back now more than ever...

came back Buckethead please...

I know what you guys mean. His style is quite unique, wicked stuff. Slash being back would be good enough for me, but if not, Buckethead is almost a must... if this great guitar is on the record.

For all we know, this may be the only time we hear these great solo's, could all be done over months ago. Someone said here, another thread, that they would use Bucket's work since they paid him for it already. Not true, he would not get a penny in performance royalties, or solo %'s as they did with old GnR, if he is not on the release. I say if you don't see Bucket rejoined by now ready to tour, you don't hear Bucket's guitar on the finished product.

There is an argument Axl loves the guitar, so he'd keep it. Good argument, but against it I would say he would fear who could play it live, like we are, and just may be too mad at Bucket to see him get a dime.

First. I love GNR. Favorite band since 1988.

But they got DESTROYED on the radio here in MPLS by callers.

The same in Boston.

and i can see why....even though i like the songs potential....

People really DID NOT like the songs.

Just saying the record company has 10+ million into CD. I could easily see them trying to make him change songs to be more radion friendly etc....

I wonder if they have guys like John Klodner coming in and saying...well we want you to change this, and this, and this, etc.

also i think Axl just killed 'better' from being a radio song with the 2nd half of 'better'.

well for the record company this is all or nothing. axl wont put out shit just to make a radiostation happy.. so if the company want money, then let this out! it's the only way! and i dont think better was destroyed! the "new" part is by far the best!

It is possible. Fiona Apple's company shelved her album for over a year because they didn't think it had a "radio frendly" vibe to it. It took an online petition, and the leaking of several tracks (hmm...) to force the album out. Then it ended up being nominated for a grammy.

So I guess it just really depends on how much the label hates axl, for their...various reasons. If they wanted to, they could refuse a release until he changes some of the album.

yeah...better ain't radio friendly after the first 2 minutes....i don't mind,because i don't listen to radio,but yeah maybe the record label people don't want CD to be released....maybe AXL is leaking the songs one by one so we can get the album....

and in my opinion Better is awesome!!...i love that metal part....and i couldn't care less if it's radio friendly or not...i love it...it's great and i like the fact that it's not radio friendly (how many times i can write radio friendly?) because usually the greatest songs aren't....radio friendly.....:D....

....God, i love that metal part....listening to it is like having an orgasm.....