Management must be behind this

Guest JohnUlmer

They just played it in Albuquerque for the first time today.

Seems a little fishy to me too.

It was almost like it was planned, like the theory says, cuz they mentioned that they knew about a day before they actually played it. As if they were having trouble finding it on the web but they would play it as soon as they found it.

No offense to anybody, but if you couldn't find these things on the web then you have the skills of a four-year old.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people are saying that they want a statement sooo bad and that Axl is going to be pissed about the leaks. Well if it really bothered him, dont you think he would have said something by now? EXACTLY! In my opinion, he is working on finishing Chinese Democracy which may very well be in the final mixing stage and doesnt care about the leaks because CD is coming out very soon and this is just giving him some free publicity. Just my 2 cents

Most people are saying that they want a statement sooo bad and that Axl is going to be pissed about the leaks. Well if it really bothered him, dont you think he would have said something by now? EXACTLY! In my opinion, he is working on finishing Chinese Democracy which may very well be in the final mixing stage and doesnt care about the leaks because CD is coming out very soon and this is just giving him some free publicity. Just my 2 cents

Dude... he went to london for some festivals negotiations...., I think he is at the "Getting festivals" stage

Dude... he went to london for some festivals negotiations...., I think he is at the "Getting festivals" stage

How many other stages are there? :laugh:

OK, so I posted this elsewhere, but I'd like to suggest it here aswell:

It is my firm belief that we are all being played like chumps.

Think about it.

1). We hear nothing for all this time and suddenly all this stuff is being leaked.

2). Axl, who has kept this whole project under tight lock and key, suddenly gets sloppy and tracks are allowed to drop about everywhere like cheap candy from a pinata

3). It coincidently starts just as Axl is suddenly being seen in public - not just by accident - as if the sudden increase in public sightings isn't enough he goes to a Korn launch party and a Victoria's Secret event where he knows he's gonna be centre of attention.

4). Add in the announcement of tour dates - also at the same time.

5). We have varying stories about the discs that these demos have come off - yeah there was definitely "one with 7 tracks: IRS v1, IRS v2, Better, TWAT, IRS, and two instrumentals" - and yet more tracks are appearing. Where the fuck did catcher in the rye come from? So there's two demo discs that are getting leaked at once as has been mentioned? Possibly a third? Yeah right all these songs become magically available, despite being from different discs, at the same time. Far fetched?

6). Who here doesn't get the feeling of being strung along bit by bit? Part of one song, then another part another day, then another song on another day, then a small clip, and so on. How long will this go on for?

7). Minor point - No finished tracks? Not even a hint of a rumour about a finished track being leaked? - So security over that seems as tight as a ducks ass.

8 ). Your main question here is: How would GN'R benefit from these leaks?

a). Free publicity

b ). Gauge fan reactions

c). Possibly (probably only slightly) reduce the demand for leaks from the final album - shifts the focus: there's nobody offering or even thinking about offering money for an album leak because they're too busy trying to get hold of these demos. This could definitley work if the album was due soon.

d). Familiarise fanbase with new material - especially if the album isn't coming out before some of the shows that have been scheduled and they plan on playing some new tracks.

This could harm GN'R you say? How? Sales? Leaked demos of songs are never gonna effect the album sales of Chinese Democracy - would you be happy with only having demos of all the songs?......

@#$%Funker

Edit: In addition:

9 ). How fucking long was WAAF allowed to play IRS for? Not only that but when the did get a request to stop playing it they didn't exactly shit their pants. If anything they took it quite lightly.

Now when you consider how management swooped like eagles and cut out all trace of the first IRS leak on the Trunk show - you've gotta wonder.

Edited by mutherfunker

oh my god there are so many damn topic about leaks being intention management leaked them axl wanted them to leak the songs.

I made a separate topic because I don't think many people are taking the possibility seriously. Are you gonna venture an opinion or moan about threads?

(sorry dude :rolleyes: )

@#$%Funker

I really don´t give a damn about this. I´m glad I got to hear some new stuff with GNR, that´s it. Where they came from people can rumour about how much they want, it still won´t get them anything more than a worn out keyboard. The best threads at the moment are threads about new leaks and official news. :P

Edited by Lukin

Agreed. I think this person is leaking them purposely but it has nothing to do with management. I think it is all to do with Axl and his procducers. I think they must have agreed to let out a few old demos and give the fans a taste of new tracks. I also think they were naive as the tracks reached the radio and that meant Axl had to get his lawyer (who must be a busy man) involved in the situation.

Agreed. I think this person is leaking them purposely but it has nothing to do with management. I think it is all to do with Axl and his procducers. I think they must have agreed to let out a few old demos and give the fans a taste of new tracks. I also think they were naive as the tracks reached the radio and that meant Axl had to get his lawyer (who must be a busy man) involved in the situation.

At the end of the day, I believe that, because of the benefits I mentioned above, management were involved, they love it that it got on the radio, and their requests for us not to spread the leaks on these boards along with Cease and Disist letters to radio stations were necessary measures that, had they not took them, would have made things look very, very suspicious.

@#$%Funker

OK, so I posted this elsewhere, but I'd like to suggest it here aswell:

It is my firm belief that we are all being played like chumps.

Think about it.

1). We hear nothing for all this time and suddenly all this stuff is being leaked.

2). Axl, who has kept this whole project under tight lock and key, suddenly gets sloppy and tracks are allowed to drop about everywhere like cheap candy from a pinata

3). It coincidently starts just as Axl is suddenly being seen in public - not just by accident - as if the sudden increase in public sightings isn't enough he goes to a Korn launch party and a Victoria's Secret event where he knows he's gonna be centre of attention.

4). Add in the announcement of tour dates - also at the same time.

5). We have varying stories about the discs that these demos have come off - yeah there was definitely "one with 7 tracks: IRS v1, IRS v2, Better, TWAT, IRS, and two instrumentals" - and yet more tracks are appearing. Where the fuck did catcher in the rye come from? So there's two demo discs that are getting leaked at once as has been mentioned? Possibly a third? Yeah right all these songs become magically available, despite being from different discs, at the same time. Far fetched?

6). Who here doesn't get the feeling of being strung along bit by bit? Part of one song, then another part another day, then another song on another day, then a small clip, and so on. How long will this go on for?

7). Minor point - No finished tracks? Not even a hint of a rumour about a finished track being leaked? - So security over that seems as tight as a ducks ass.

8 ). Your main question here is: How would GN'R benefit from these leaks?

a). Free publicity

b ). Gauge fan reactions

c). Possibly (probably only slightly) reduce the demand for leaks from the final album - shifts the focus: there's nobody offering or even thinking about offering money for an album leak because they're too busy trying to get hold of these demos. This could definitley work if the album was due soon.

d). Familiarise fanbase with new material - especially if the album isn't coming out before some of the shows that have been scheduled and they plan on playing some new tracks.

This could harm GN'R you say? How? Sales? Leaked demos of songs are never gonna effect the album sales of Chinese Democracy - would you be happy with only having demos of all the songs?......

@#$%Funker

Edit: In addition:

9 ). How fucking long was WAAF allowed to play IRS for? Not only that but when the did get a request to stop playing it they didn't exactly shit their pants. If anything they took it quite lightly.

Now when you consider how management swooped like eagles and cut out all trace of the first IRS leak on the Trunk show - you've gotta wonder.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

Hmmm....

Guys Axl is not leaking these and neither is anyone with his permission. here's why i think that:

Either, Axl must have turned the album into the label so they could begin the promotional PLANNING for album release, secure permission for samples and work the legalities out. It could have been copied by someone with access to it at the label, who most likely has nothing to do with the GNR camp at all. A fan turned employee or something.

OR, IF they are demos and not finished tracks, they were probably given to the label for feedback and either Axl is refusing to turn the final record in still, so they are leaking the songs in order to attempt force his hand hoping he'll turn the album in to protect the investment made in the album.

He's spent years and 13 mil building this album, to leak a quarter of the album so far [and if the sources are to be belived they have at least 5 more songs to leak none of which are the songs played live in 2002] that would bring the total up to 13 songs. But to leak more than one track with no release date in sight makes no sense for axl to do that.

and if they are demos, axl is a supposed perfectionist, he would never leak unfinished music. if that were the case he would have put music out already.

Edited by Nightcrawler