Tracks not intended to be on album?

KyleMac

Unless CD does turn into a double album, which i still think is quite possible - he's had 12 years to come up with plenty of material, and this is not a situation where you would save material for another album down the road as Axl is already 44 - i think it valid to suggest that the leaked tracks were never intended by Axl to be on Chinese Democracy.

He did say "people will hear music this year," he did not say that people will hear an album this year. So.. we've heard music. But this may not be the music that will be on the album, like others have suggested, i think its plausible at this point that the tracks may have been leaked to judge fan reaction - though this doesnt justify why only a small amount of better was leaked. Better, IRS and TWAT are all quite different sounding songs. Maybe it turns out that everyone hates IRS and everyone LOVES better, maybe he puts those types of tracks on the next album.

I dont know, this is a stab in the dark, but axl has been so good about this for 12 flippin years, i dont think he made a "mistake" or let this album get in the wrong hands, to the point that it would be leaked. We would have heard studio sounding tracks sooner if these were just normal leaks. I mean Eminem's tracks for Encore were leaked almost a year before the CD was eventually released - due to him having to rework the entire thing to exclude those songs, hopefully this does not happen here, which it might if axl did not intend for the songs to be leaked. Just random thoughts, i would be shocked not to see TWAT on CD but i wouldnt be surprised if IRS didnt make it, Nationwide fan reaction (not just diehard guns fans) has been poor to say the least for IRS.

He did say "people will hear music this year," he did not say that people will hear an album this year. So.. we've heard music.

Don't worry. CD will be released this year. It's the only thing that makes any sense. Guns N' Roses are already scheduled to play at RIR and a few other shows, right? I'm pretty sure they won't perform the 2002 sets again.