techno influence

lawrence

Oh I fuckin' hope not. No dance music please. Silkworms and Riyadh are fuckin' shite!

I have noticed however, an overwhelming amount of drum machines used in the songs. It sounds like Brain is only playing the bass drum :laugh:

Just dance music is a tragedy and it would not work on a Guns N' Roses record. I mean when I read that the 'other' side of ''Better'' has a wow factor I thought... Shit! Shaq is in the motherfuckin' house! But thankfully he was far from the house.:confused:

Oh I fuckin' hope not. No dance music please. Silkworms and Riyadh are fuckin' shite!

I have noticed however, an overwhelming amount of drum machines used in the songs. It sounds like Brain is only playing the bass drum :laugh:

Just dance music is a tragedy and it would not work on a Guns N' Roses record. I mean when I read that the 'other' side of ''Better'' has a wow factor I thought... Shit! Shaq is in the motherfuckin' house! But thankfully he was far from the house.:confused:

i'm talking about songs having a bit of techno influence' i dont mean a whole album of techno'

If by techno you mean Buckethead, than yes.

correct me if i'm wrong but in the middle of a certain song that was only 30 seconds long' but is now a full version' is that not a splash of techno i hear?

Edited by lawrence

you are correct'

i'm not talking about the thumping drum of techno' i'm talking about the sample sounds'

i'm glad we understand each other

I deleted that because i thought you'd written trance for some reason, oops, sorry.

yea, i dunno, techno can include drum machines and synths but i wouldnt say it was a full on techno influence going on.

Edited by mr-fukaji

correct me if i'm wrong but in the middle of a certain song that was only 30 seconds long' but is now a full version' is that not a splash of techno i hear?

These songs could be somewhat new or quite old, either way Bucket left his mark on the band. If these solos are new than Robin has learned a few licks, if there new than Axl has learned new ways to combine instruments to back up his vocals; from Buckethead.

Anywho they may sound a bit "technoy" but like I said it's Buckethead. Like in Better it starts off a typical "annoying" guitar intro. Techno is usualy fast with crazy noises, these solos now include some tapping with stutter switches and distortion which Bucket and Robin have both brought. Also the backing Guitars include heavier more complicated riffs and very little rhythm guitar, because the better the lead the less rhythm.

And about the supposed "drum machine" which is total bullshit. Brain is a technical drummer and with the lacking quality on demos it can sound a bit robotic, kinda like studio Bucket.....

Im suprised Mr. Fujakii put aside the Bucket influence as he is an avid listener.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

you are correct'

i'm not talking about the thumping drum of techno' i'm talking about the sample sounds'

i'm glad we understand each other

I deleted that because i thought you'd written trance for some reason, oops, sorry.

yea, i dunno, techno can include drum machines and synths but i would say it was a full on techno influence going on.

at least you catch my drift

Im suprised Mr. Fujakii put aside the Bucket influence as he is an avid listener.

There's a defenite influence there like, the riff after the first solo at about 2:30in better sounds like something of Cuckoo clocks of hell.

I cant hear the influence so much in There was a time, though.

Guest JohnUlmer

My opinions are.. that's fucking gay.

You should listen to VR and your idol Slash playing his gayest stuff ever.

OH WOW! BURNNN.

I'll take the solo in Fall to Pieces over Buckethead's stuff. (I like the new GN'R songs better though.)

I think people underrate Slash's Contraband solos...they aren't that bad.

It's true that there's nothing really groundbreaking by mixing techno and rock music together. It even has it's own genre everybody, it's called industrial.

I believe what Axl is trying to do is take the idea, and just run with it. He's experimenting with all different sounds and tempos. That's why you get songs like better, and oh my god, and it's also why you'll get epics, monster ballads, rockers, and probably a few songs you can dance to (remember, oh my god has a disco beat woven through it)

so if you don't like the songs, just keep listening. Axl will blow through enough genres on this record to play SOMETHING you'll like.

nice username' very original- i like it' :)

I must confess, I actually wanted oooo, but accidently missed it and clicked ok without checking <_< :xmassrudolph:

Rolling Stone, January 2000- Axl Speaks

The rebuilding - and ongoing reinvention - of Guns N Roses has been a difficult and, quite obviously, slow and expensive process. Rose does point out that the expense will be less glaring if, as he expects, he gets another record out of the hours and hours of material he's committed to tape, possibly one that's even more industrial and electronica-influence than Chinese Democracy. ''I'd like to take some of the old Guns fans along with me gradually into the twenty-first century,'' he says.

Song after song combines the edgy hard rock force and pop smarts of vintage Guns N Roses with surprisingly modern and ambitious music textures. In addition to the album's almost grungy title track, tentative song titles include ''Catcher in the Rye,'' ''I.R.S,'' ''The Blues'' and ''TWAT,'' which he says stands for ''there was a time.''

The tecno edge was there for awile, but I think much of what you hear is the drum machines, I don't think they will see the record. The robot riff doubling the melody, yes, very techno, very Buckethead. I don't think we'll have too much techno influence, just enough to keep it interesting.

Edited by axlskAmpf

OH WOW! BURNNN.

I'll take the solo in Fall to Pieces over Buckethead's stuff. (I like the new GN'R songs better though.)

LOL! Juxtaposed to what we KNOW he's capable of? What solo's are underrated? Give me a break. - :lol:

Thank you.

The solo in You Got No Right is as good as Slash back in his GN'R prime. Slither (while mediocre overall) has a really ripping solo too. Loving the Alien has beautiful guitar work.

But what we always seem to get are a bunch of simpletons who can only seem to paint Slash's work after GN'R with one very broad brush. Have these people actually heard all the songs? But silly me...why put in all that effort to actually listen critically when you hate the guy and it's so much easier to just bash him with one broad stroke?

Slash has good stuff and not so good stuff. Please try to be fair and give credit where credit is due. Writing one sentence bashing all of his work is P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

Edited by KBear