NIN -- And Chinese Democracy?

madison

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like an elevator door, but it's not. It's just propped open. You can see the hinges on the right hand side of the right door. Wrong kind of door. I doubt this really means anything, just thought I would point it out. I also find it odd how the one guitarist is kinda standing separate from the band and is the only one in the doorway under the "Chi Dem" sign. Not to over analyze or anything.... :rofl-lol:

If you have Windows XP, you can Right-Click on the JPEG and choose properties. Click on the Summary tab at top, and then the Advanced button. You can then see the embedded Jpeg properties from the camera and subsequent editing software.

You'll see "Date Picture Taken" 2/22/2006 10:31 AM

Also these properties also show that the photo was subsequently edited using Photoshop CS2 Macintosh. The text at the bottom was most likely photoshopped into the photo...they probably just typed the date wrong.

EDIT: Never mind, now that I actually took the time to look at it, it looks more like an elevator. Still wierd.

I thought this too at first, but this door has a window in it with a no smoking sign. I've never seen an elevator with a window in the front before.

Well, Trent does use Macintosh's...

Hold up... Madison, is that picture exclusive to club members or something? :unsure:

The pic isn't, only if you want to email the band a fucking question and get a response.

But it's not on the image list thingy... :huh:

http://www.nin.com/current/

That picture isn't there! At least not for me... :unsure:

Check the upper left hand side, top picture amongst the thumbnails.

If you have Windows XP, you can Right-Click on the JPEG and choose properties. Click on the Summary tab at top, and then the Advanced button. You can then see the embedded Jpeg properties from the camera and subsequent editing software.

You'll see "Date Picture Taken" 2/22/2006 10:31 AM

Also these properties also show that the photo was subsequently edited using Photoshop CS2 Macintosh. The text at the bottom was most likely photoshopped into the photo...they probably just typed the date wrong.

EDIT: Never mind, now that I actually took the time to look at it, it looks more like an elevator. Still wierd.

I thought this too at first, but this door has a window in it with a no smoking sign. I've never seen an elevator with a window in the front before.

Yeah, this picture makes no sense. Im not surprised its edited.

hahahah look at twiggy in that picture. he looks all grown up.

wait a second... whose that guy on the far right? i don't really know nin too well, but, is that zim zum???

I think that's Aaron North, the new guitarist, who used to play in The Icarus Line (who I heard were big GNR fans)

Who's the guy in the middle sitting down?

:huh:

Umm.. .that's Trent!

He's beefed up now -- and cut his hair.

*Wish he'd grow his hair back again*

But I don't think he has any plans to do so.

During an online chat last week, somebody asked him what the hell was with his hair. And he replied, "Blow me." :lol:

I forgot that you were a big NIN fan. :P

Where is Josh Freese in the photo??

He's the blonde guy.

Wise-ass look on Trent - he knows what's up.

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

He's very smug in that shot.

He knows everyone will be talking about the sign.

I'm sure Trent Reznor knows about the recent GNR activity, and it's most likely he just placed the sign in that picture to stir people up. I don't really think there is actually a door in Toledo which has a Chinese Democracy sign on it. :P

Agreed.

Trent stages all of his pics - nothing is ever random with him.

Maybe he posted this one so that he'd get a reaction from fans about the bands touring together? If they did tour together, it would be awesome!!!!

I'd shit a solid gold brick if NIN and GNR toured together. Back to the pic... couple of interesting things, and theories about the CD reference:

- Didn't GNR play at that arena on the 2002 tour? Perhaps it's an old GNR sign that was just left there as a momento or something above the door.

- Someone already said it, but, Photoshop? Illustrator? Could easily be done in either one of those programs.

- Trent is always playing mind games... perhaps it's a poke at Robin saying, "Hey dude, I'm out here touring, and what the fuck are you doing with GNR?"

- Finally, and I'm surprised nobody's asked about the blonde headed guy, that's Josh Freese! He worked with Axl for a year or so on CD back in the day when they first got started:)

And to the dude that said NIN sucks or whatever, you must REALLY love those old Scorpions and Whitesnake records...lol. NIN is one of only two or three bands in the last 15 years that have been original with anything. I utterly respect Trent Reznor, and see very many similarities between him and Axl Rose.