NIN -- And Chinese Democracy?

madison

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it's some sort of joke taking the piss out of TRENT and not Axl!

Everyone knows Trent is Axl-like when it comes to making cd's with huge gaps between each. With Teeth took 6 years to make. So I wonder if that room is where maybe With Teeth was mixed or something and they put that sign up cause the album took so long to make!

Or maybe, just maybe they're showing their support for guns in an offhand way. call me crazy. but if they were to like go on oprah winfrey and say horray guns n' roses buy their album when it comes out all the little goth kids who hold the band so precious would be all offended and boycott the band for selling out. or they could put the sign in the back of a picture and do it like that. see who notices. subliminal messaging. rockers don't drop names like rappers do. i think it's a little more taste oriented. but that's just my delusional point of view. you can now return to your regular scheduled progra.......................

I think it's a FAKE, although i don't know the reason behind that thing, maybe a joke maybe support.

3 reasons:

a. the fake is easy to do

b. the surface of the sign and the sign itself look strange

c. NIN had apparently a gig in Toledo, not very likely that there's a CD sign

To show you that it can be faked:

Here's the original

223063fe.jpg

and my version that took me 5 minutes

22306copy6on.jpg

I know it's not perfect & no offence to slash ;)

I think it's a FAKE, although i don't know the reason behind that thing, maybe a joke maybe support.

3 reasons:

a. the fake is easy to do

b. the surface of the sign and the sign itself look strange

c. NIN had apparently a gig in Toledo, not very likely that there's a CD sign

To show you that it can be faked:

Here's the original

223063fe.jpg

and my version that took me 5 minutes

22306copy6on.jpg

I know it's not perfect & no offence to slash ;)

Thanks!!!!! Thanks a whole fucking lot for spoiling and crushing all of our imaginations. :P

But once again, it supports the analogy that I use for my sig.

What if the sign was the inspiration to name the album C.D.

Keep in mind that it was in Toledo OH was the city where Axl and Slash got into that on stage altercation when Axl cut his hand.

What Altercation?? :shocked:

LIZ

They got into an altercation in DAYTON...........not TOLEDO. My mistake.

Axl slices his hand open on a sharp part of his microphone stand during 'It's So Easy.' Slash talks to the crowd while Axl is getting medical attention. Slash & Gilby then jam on guitar and then the band plays 'So Fine.' When Axl returns, he misinterprets what Slash had told the crowd and calls Slash a "punk motherfucker!" To which Slash replies "I'll kick your fucking ass!" The band then breaks into 'Welcome To The Jungle' before tempers flare even further. Before 'Double Talkin' Jive,' Axl tells of a false story in the press that said he fired Doug Goldstein (GN'R's manager). Before 'Sweet Child O' Mine,' Axl apologizes to the crowd, saying they're gonna cut the set short a few songs so he can get stitches on his hand.

There is audio of this. The review above says that Slash says that he'd kick Axl's ass. That's wrong. Axl told Slash that he would kick his ass. The audio shows how big of an asshole Axl treated his bandmates.

What if the sign was the inspiration to name the album C.D.

Keep in mind that it was in Toledo OH was the city where Axl and Slash got into that on stage altercation when Axl cut his hand.

What Altercation?? :shocked:

LIZ

They got into an altercation in DAYTON...........not TOLEDO. My mistake.

Axl slices his hand open on a sharp part of his microphone stand during 'It's So Easy.' Slash talks to the crowd while Axl is getting medical attention. Slash & Gilby then jam on guitar and then the band plays 'So Fine.' When Axl returns, he misinterprets what Slash had told the crowd and calls Slash a "punk motherfucker!" To which Slash replies "I'll kick your fucking ass!" The band then breaks into 'Welcome To The Jungle' before tempers flare even further. Before 'Double Talkin' Jive,' Axl tells of a false story in the press that said he fired Doug Goldstein (GN'R's manager). Before 'Sweet Child O' Mine,' Axl apologizes to the crowd, saying they're gonna cut the set short a few songs so he can get stitches on his hand.

There is audio of this. The review above says that Slash says that he'd kick Axl's ass. That's wrong. Axl told Slash that he would kick his ass. The audio shows how big of an asshole Axl treated his bandmates.

Oh right! Cheers for that, i must get hold of that audio me thinks!!

LIZ