What an idiot the Village Voice writer is!

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

Read his article - he doesn't have a single fact straight!

He claims TWAT is the only new song that wasn't played on the '02 tour, that Mike Piazza leaked three tracks LAST WEEK to a radio station, and finally that The Blues is one of the new demo leaks and he even goes on to review it (negatively, I might add)!

Talk about a bad reporter. Why should we listen to an idiot who is in such a rush he can't even check to back up any of his facts?

He claims TWAT is the only new song that wasn't played on the '02 tour, that Mike Piazza leaked three tracks LAST WEEK to a radio station, and finally that The Blues is one of the new demo leaks and he even goes on to review it (negatively, I might add)!

Talk about a bad reporter. Why should we listen to an idiot who is in such a rush he can't even check to back up any of his facts?

Agreed. This guy is a dolt. - :ph34r:

What happened to journalists that did research before printing stories?

Yeah, not all the facts are straight, but the guy is entitled to his opinion and entitled to revue things, as that is probably his job.

BUT... one question...

Almost ALL the news stories have said that "The Blues" is a leak. I mean, it says it all over the place. Are these people just wrong, or do they know/have something we don't, ie. a demo for "The Blues"?

Yeah, not all the facts are straight, but the guy is entitled to his opinion and entitled to revue things, as that is probably his job.

BUT... one question...

Almost ALL the news stories have said that "The Blues" is a leak. I mean, it says it all over the place. Are these people just wrong, or do they know/have something we don't, ie. a demo for "The Blues"?

I was wondering about that. None of them seem to correctly title it "Better" if thats what they are hearing.

He's an idiot because he shared an opinion?

You're all a bunch of GNR sheep.

no he's an idiot because he's spewing out random comments about things he, apparently, doesn't know anything about.

He was spewing out "random comments" about the three tracks he has downloaded and listened to, and he told us what HE THOUGHT of them.

Just because he hasn't succummed to the ass kissing contest everyone else here has, and actually posted a bit of negative(yet positive in some respects) criticism on them doesn't make him an idiot.

However, you calling him an idiot for doing just that makes you the idiot, and not he.

no he's an idiot because he's spewing out random comments about things he, apparently, doesn't know anything about.

He was spewing out "random comments" about the three tracks he has downloaded and listened to, and he told us what HE THOUGHT of them.

Just because he hasn't succummed to the ass kissing contest everyone else here has, and actually posted a bit of negative(yet positive in some respects) criticism on them doesn't make him an idiot.

However, you calling him an idiot for doing just that makes you the idiot, and not he.

I really wanted to be pissed at you, and then I saw that sombrero picture. LOL! - :lol:

and what does it make you mr. hypocrite? he can express his, however misguided, opinion and not be an idiot, but if I express my opinion about him that makes me an idiot .... sure, whatever, :rolleyes:

Edited by popmetal

Guest JohnUlmer

Looks like someone thinks they're pretty smart and pretty clever.

No, he's not an idiot because he expressed a negative opinion towards the songs. He is an idiot because almost everything he said was factually erroneous. The Blues did not leak. IRS was not played during the '02 tour. We have not heard all but one of the new leaks before. And so on and so forth.

If you are a writer or journalist, you'd better back up your claims. I don't mind someone calling these songs lame -- as long as they can get their fucking facts straight.