Swedish chronical disses Axl

Lukin

This chronical was taken from the swedish music magazine Groove, nr 1, 2006:

axlrosedissed9cr.jpg

A translation for all the non-swedish forum members:

Who cares about Axl Rose?

So it´s finally time for Axl Rose to put out the album Chinese Demoracy with his pseudo-Guns N´Roses.

It has just taken 13 years (if you don´t count the totally shitty cover album The Spaghetti Incident -that would make it 15 years) to complete it. Over these 13 years the public has just gotten to hear 3 (!!!) small tastes of music. The first one was a song from the End Of Days 1999 movie soundtrack and if it gets on the album it is 7 years old (sounds fairly promising especially since the song sucked rhino...). They also have during their very few live performances played two new songs - one fast rock song and a long ballad, where none of them, according to the reports, was especially good. The starting point for this record is everything but promising.

To the question about why the record has taken so much time Axl replied that it had very complex arrangements, almost as complex as Queens. This forces us to take a look at Queens album releases. If the arrangements are almost as complex as Queens this should mean that Queen needed more time between their albums than Guns N´Roses, right? Queen released 1 album a year since the start to 1984, except for 1974 when they released 2(!) albums, the two mini-master pieces Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack. The two longest periods they had between two album releses was between Innuendo 1991 and Made In Heaven 1995, which had to do with the fact that the singer Freddie Mercury died in 1991, so it´s understandable. So if I understand this correct, Axl Rose should´ve been able to put out records more often than Queen, since his arrangements are just almost as complex as theirs. Am I wrong?

The remaining question is how good the new Guns N´Roses record really is? Is there even a way to judge it fairly? What I mean is, what if it really is a masterpiece? What if it, against all odds, really is the worlds best rock album? Can you in that case really say so or do you have to take in account that it took 13 years to complete it? Cause how good a record is you can never justify 13 years. Just the ridiculus time aspect is gonna make it get bad reviews all over the world - there is no chance that Axl Rose can come out of this a winner. Also, there is the question if someone still really cares about a third class Guns N´Roses with just one orginal member and a bunch of has-beens that haven´t had a careeer in at least ten years.

/Mathias Skeppstedt, mas@groove.se

********************************************************************************

Does anyone on this forum care about Guns N´Roses? :P

Edited by Lukin

whos cares about axl ?the writer needs to get back to listening to his backstreet boys albums!!

and we all know the new guns have played more than 2 songs live that will most likely appear on chi dem!.

so he obviously hasnt researched what he is writing about !!! and how can anyone know what reviews the album will get before anyone has heard it?

no one cares what you think axl hater and i bet he will be eating those words very soon. :P

Axl will be back to rule in 2006 !!!

Why'd he write an article like that if he himself wouldn't care?

Also it's sad that people tend to think "this record took 13 years to make". The time it takes to make it really shouldn't be a main issue. We should just be happy he ever decided to make a new record. Whether it was yesterday or 20 years ago. Just live your life and be happy when it comes.

Good point. I think everyone interested in music is going to care when this album is released. Most people will have an opinion about it cause it really is a big thing whether you like GNR or not.

wanker.

everyone email the twat with lots of abuse please, these fuckin people do not have a clue about gnus n roses, axl rose or anything to do with the band. The guy obvioulsy hasnt heard any of the songs and even if he did, how can anyone judge any album on a couple of songs that more than likely will not be on it.

Thats like somone releasing a leak of bad apples for example and everyone drawing conlusions about UYI albums based on that song. Ridiculous.

If they dont like axl or gnr, then who cares, they obviously wont buy or have any interest in the record. No problem, but how can anyone comment on music or have any sort of opinion on it if they aint even bothered listening to it!

Thats like saying a film is crap when you havent watched it.

WANKER WANKER WANKER!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

I send him a mail and I got this back:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

petshopboy666@hotmail.com

(ultimately generated from mas@groove.se)

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT

TO:<petshopboy666@hotmail.com>:

host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.244.200]: 550 Requested action not taken:

mailbox unavailable

petshopboy666@hotmail.com

:)

who cares..this kind of stuff just helps drive record sales and popularity...we, individually choose yea or neh...we dont go looking for this crap to read and go...oh yeah, good points..nah..i no longer care...whatever his/her opinion...and, i can bet my ass that this person will be among the rest of us checking the material out..probably buying it...go ahead whoever u are, shove that foot right into your mouth!

Also it's sad that people tend to think "this record took 13 years to make". The time it takes to make it really shouldn't be a main issue. We should just be happy he ever decided to make a new record. Whether it was yesterday or 20 years ago. Just live your life and be happy when it comes.

^^Agreed.

Fact, no one but Axl knows how much time he's put into this new album. People just asusme he's been working night and day the last 14 years.

I also find this reporter very ignorant and not the least objective on this. He's already made up his mind.

where none of them, according to the reports, was especially good :rolleyes:

Dumb Swedes.

This Swedish rubbish blows,if i was in sweden now i'd hunt this gobby articulate prick down an beat the shit into him...this swede knows fuck all!! And no...i have nothing against sweden exsept for them giving us Sven Errickson. Hes another Prick LOL Respect to swedish people!!!!!!!!!!

This is for the guy that wrote that stupid article :fuckyou: !!!

Hey man if don't like Guns n Roses or if you don't care about Axl,

why are you writing an article about him??? :question:

If you want to be taken as a serious journalist,you should't wrote that shit man..

I'm studing journalism right now and if i'm going to write an article about a band that i don't like i think i will be more smart and objective than you!!!

And i don't give a damn if don't like Axl..

Axl will blow your mind with this new album!! :rofl-lol: