Big 4 Seattle Bands

*bad obsession*

Which grunge band was the best?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:rolleyes: Grunge isn't a genre of rock music!

What the bloody hell was it then?

Well I explained it in the next sentence...cant you read?

Only you're wrong as it was a genre and still is today

Like I said, it was a scene that was happening in the late 80's early 90's in Seattle.

It is often mistaken to be a genre though. It's the stupid journalists like at Rolling Stone who have created the confusion. The 4 big rock bands that came from the grunge seen don't sound anything alike and because of that, it is really hard to categorise them into the same stye of rock music.

Hope that helps. I just hate it when people are misinformed.

:rolleyes: Grunge isn't a genre of rock music!

What the bloody hell was it then?

Well I explained it in the next sentence...cant you read?

Only you're wrong as it was a genre and still is today

Like I said, it was a scene that was happening in the late 80's early 90's in Seattle.

It is often mistaken to be a genre though. It's the stupid journalists like at Rolling Stone who have created the confusion. The 4 big rock bands that came from the grunge seen don't sound anything alike and because of that, it is really hard to categorise them into the same stye of rock music.

Punk was a scene. Now it's a genre. No difference whatsoever.

Jerry Cantrell definitely. He is a very underrated guitarist. Next would be McCready, who is also great (Alive's solo in particular). Kim Thayil is great but sometimes I thought he overdid it on the wah-wah. Kurt Cobain was good at what he did but he is not a great guitarist.

Doghan is right about it being a scene/movement. Then again, the gloomy nature they all possessed as well as their collective contrast to the hairmetal style may have been enough for people to stick them in the same category in terms of "genre." Really though, they all had their own styles.

With that said, Jerry Cantrell. Gotta love that melodic playing.

Firstly, I'd like to say. Even though, Jerry is the best on your list. "Alice in Chains" isnt really a "Grunge" band. They are associated with the "Grunge Movement" because of there Seattle routes, but there really more of a "Metal" band. So, even though I'd like to choose him, I'd feel out of place in doing so.

So, for best "Grunge" guitarist. hmmmmmm.....Its a tie up with "Mike" and "Kurt." I'd say "Mike." Even though "Nirvana" are a huge band, "Kurt" was never really that great of a guitarist.

J.Walker

"Yeah"

Firstly, I'd like to say. Even though, Jerry is the best on your list. "Alice in Chains" isnt really a "Grunge" band. They are associated with the "Grunge Movement" because of there Seattle routes, but there really more of a "Metal" band. So, even though I'd like to choose him, I'd feel out of place in doing so.

So, for best "Grunge" guitarist. hmmmmmm.....Its a tie up with "Mike" and "Kurt." I'd say "Mike." Even though "Nirvana" are a huge band, "Kurt" was never really that great of a guitarist.

J.Walker

"Yeah"

:lol: That cracked me up.