"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget. This is a Demo. Isn't finished.

The people who have a band and already recorded a demo knows that the music capture is made individually. Only when everything is recorded the volumes will be mixed and levelled.

Two diferent guitar models don't give the same sound. I think that is the same music but the part that you are talking about was recorded in a diferent time or with a diferent guitar. There's a lot of possibilities.

i think that there is another song .... because it changes dramatically... but thi is one fo axls characteristics youo know he is happy and then he is the most agressive man in the world.sometimes he is in the mmud for something agressive and the he calms down.. and... i dont know whataheck am i :confused: saying ...

i don't understand why people are so defensive about the solo in the middle of Better being part of the song.

wouldn't you still be happy if Better was actually the song with that solo edited out, and then there was a whole other song which included that solo?

at first, after hearing axl wailing and the lyrics in that section, i thought it could be a part from Prostitute, but apparently the lyrics do not match up.

so, if it's not a part taken from Prostitute, i don't know what other song it could be from. either way, whether it's supposed to be part of Better or not, the song fucking rocks with it, that much i know.

I don't know where that middle part is from but the 3:39 edited version is the one I'll listen to until the album is out.

I don't think the music, the lyrics and even the singing match the rest of the song. Someone said the point was to be drastically different, but I think you can do that without being completely different as IRS and the 2:06 Better clip show.

For example, the beginning of better and the part with the angry "now I know you better!" are drastically different. Same in IRS with some faster parts (As when you first told me you were gone) and the more melodic slower ones (what shall I do if I gave my heart to you). The small Better clip and IRS have some drastic changes (you could call complex) but I still feel like I'm listening to one song, unlike this Better demo.

Did I mention the 3:39 Better really rocks? :)

i put the program into sonic foundry acid pro audio 4.0 and really zoomd in on the music wave and that part was clearly added in. the radio waves or what ever youd call it doesent match up. but if u cut it out like j.rose did last night it matches perfectly.

better_waveform.jpg

Where is the added in bit?

R.

Wow, that song file is compressed to hell! I cut it with N-track and added the Scooby Doo theme to the middle and it sounds great...wonder if that will be the way it comes out on the album? :rofl-lol:

Edited by mcalldp

i put the program into sonic foundry acid pro audio 4.0 and really zoomd in on the music wave and that part was clearly added in. the radio waves or what ever youd call it doesent match up. but if u cut it out like j.rose did last night it matches perfectly.

awsome!!! that means there is another song to be leaked and it sounds great i love the screams!!1

maybe thats prostitute

so there you have it

This is the kind of post that you better be 100% right about or you will lose all credibility and honor forever.

I dunno, I like the thrashing in the middle but if you cut it out, it works really well. Just a cool mellow song, nice solo at the end. Sounds a lot more focused. Wish I could find the lyrics because I have no idea what the fuck he's singing about, might shed some light on the middle part's validity.

Edited by Ant

When the first half of the song leaked, i thought Axl went Linkin Park root....... The second half of the song changed everything....it kicked my ass!.....Holly fuck, the final cut of this song will be a monster....perhaps one of the best GNR Rockers EVER!.............You got to love that (AXL screaming out of his mind), and how about that, that sweet ending?....I believe Fink was doing that play at the end of the song.....Fucking AWESOME!

When the first half of the song leaked, i thought Axl went Linkin Park root....... The second half of the song changed everything....it kicked my ass!.....Holly fuck, the final cut of this song will be a monster....perhaps one of the best GNR Rockers EVER!.............You got to love that (AXL screaming out of his mind), and how about that, that sweet ending?....I believe Fink was doing that play at the end of the song.....Fucking AWESOME!

Word.