"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds good the way it is. The way it is this is already one of my favorite songs ever and in the top of the G N' R pile for sure, without the middle part I would like it less. The change in dynamics is part of the appeal for me. I guess we'll see.....

Do you people understand how music works?

The solo in question is in the SAME KEY as the rest of the song. I can see if Buckethead started noodling around in a different key and it didn't fit the rest of the song, but everything fits together musically. God, the song rocks the way it is. I'd actually be pretty disappointed if the final version cut that middle portion out!

Its part of the song, deal with it.

-Jeff

wow, just heard it without the middle. even though i like the middle alot it actaully makes alot of sense. its more focused and beter layed out. with the extra solo its like going in to many directions. if the middle is indeed from another song id be intrested in hearing what that song is, cause it sounds great!

at first, after hearing axl wailing and the lyrics in that section, i thought it could be a part from Prostitute, but apparently the lyrics do not match up.

The General maybe??

Edited by december pain

my take on that middle part:

remember in that RS article years ago, they said something about how some songs sounded like Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Trent Reznor? Well, now we know what they were talkin' about.

i also say that part belongs in the song. as mentioned before, it's in the same key as the rest of the song. i HIGHLY doubt it's from another song.

PM me if you want the 2:22-3:40 Cut out verison. I, honestly think that it's another song in there. I think there's a solo to replace that bit, because when Axl goes "All That I Wanted" it sounds like Buckethead is just finishing a solo.

Sounds perfect.

I happened to catch the link. This sounds like somebody took parts of the song and put them in different places. That's all.

I agree, it sounds like its fan made, but the quality of the sounds is much better than the version we already have.

Could the person in possession of the actual demo CD have made this???

PS- if this is what the real song was like, i'd say it was generic and sucky.

Edited by axlgunner