"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok peeps. I'm not opposed to considering the possibilities, but before we dive head first into a dry swimming pool, let's pause for a moment to consider a couple of things.

1) I challenge you to NOT use historical, standard or "expected" musical arrangments as a relative backdrop of comparison for determining the legitimacy of this "out of place" segment. Why? Because Axl Rose said so. Do you think he was joking when he said, "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen." What does he mean? Don't be so nieve to interpret "arrangments" as "sound". Queen was famous for its unpredictable transitions, for adding segments of oddity where one would least expect them. Thus, the term "arrangements". Whatever you do, do not marginalize what Axl said in this regard.

2) If this altered version that supports the hypothesis, which specifically removes 2:22-3:40, is true, then riddle us this: Why in the world is Axl singing the "All that I wanted was..." chorus-line at 3:22, in the middle of the section believed to be part of another song?

Edited by MetaSouL

Ok peeps. I'm not opposed to considering the possibilities, but before we dive head first into a dry swimming pool, let's pause for a moment to consider a couple of things.

1) I challenge you to NOT use historical, standard or "expected" musical arrangments as a relative backdrop of comparison for determining the legitimacy of this "out of place" segment. Why? Because Axl Rose said so. Do you think he was joking when he said, "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen." What does he mean? Don't be so nieve to interpret "arrangments" as "sound". Queen was famous for its unpredictable transitions, for adding segments of oddity where one would least expect them. Thus, the term "arrangements". Whatever you do, do not marginalize what Axl said in this regard.

2) If this altered version that supports the hypothesis, which specifically removes 2:22-3:40, is true, then riddle us this: Why in the world is Axl singing the "All that I wanted was..." chorus-line at 3:22, in the middle of the section believed to be part of another song?

probably because you heard the wrong altered version, riddle my balls

probably because you heard the wrong altered version, riddle my balls

That sounds convincing.

1) I'm not convinced the altered version is real because it has been stated numerous times to have cut out 2:22-3:40, part of which Axl directly sings the chorus line. I guess it's possible Axl has two songs with the same chorus as Better (maybe he had writers block).

2) I'm not convinced you have balls to riddle. Pull them out of your mouth and prove it.

ive heard better, the proper full version, plus two remixe's ive got a clean version, a heavy version and a studio normal version.

i also got twat, remastered

and i.r.s. complete versions, i dont think any of these songs will make the album, they are being leaked because they wont make the album, i think the album will contain songs that will rock 100x more than this, i just know the level of these musicians, and axl rose definately has alot more in him than these songs..

ive heard better, the proper full version, plus two remixe's ive got a clean version, a heavy version and a studio normal version.

i also got twat, remastered

and i.r.s. complete versions, i dont think any of these songs will make the album, they are being leaked because they wont make the album, i think the album will contain songs that will rock 100x more than this, i just know the level of these musicians, and axl rose definately has alot more in him than these songs..

i cant find the new songs

That sounds convincing.

1) I'm not convinced the altered version is real because it has been stated numerous times to have cut out 2:22-3:40, part of which Axl directly sings the chorus line. I guess it's possible Axl has two songs with the same chorus as Better (maybe he had writers block).

Good point.....Axl (or maybe Dizzy i think?) has said that there are different versions of each song in Ch-Democracy......what we hear now, may not be the version we will get on a final cut!

it will be interesting to se what's coming!

There 3 versions of Better now. You may have got mixed up between 2 and didnt realise. :)

Maybe a fan cut the alternate better into normal better to get the first better we have, Maybe there is 2 versions and 1 fan made which we got first :o

Edited by Crackers

I wish this fans stop fucking with the song...cutting parts out, editing it....it wont make it any better believe me....I like the song the way it was originally leaked!

The song it's already one of the best GNR Rockers....it cant get any better!

Edited by Funeral

I removed my post from the newswire as they are infact cleaned and re-done by a fan. they are NOT official mixes.

DATE: February 25th 2006

TITLE: New versions of IRS, Better and TWAT leak, including 3 different mixes of Better

TEXT: New versions have now leaked from the three tracks that were already fully leaked. IRS, Better and There Was A Time. The new collection includes the same versions of IRS and TWAT that had allready surfaced, but they are converted to MP3 using variable bitrates. In other words the quality is much better.

The most exciting part is that this collection features three different mixes of Better. The first version is the same that was leaked before. The second version is called the "clean version" It's 3:39 long and does not have the screaming middle part. The guitar is also different. The third version is a very heavy industrial mix and is called "alternate version". All versions are once again ripped using a variable bitrate.

The new leaks were packed in a .rar file and included this .nfo file:

.: C D - I N F O :.

ARTIST : Guns N Roses
ALBUM : Chinese Democracy (the Imsorry Versions)
LABEL : Sanctuary
RELEASE DATE : Feb-24-2006
RELEASE TYPE : Demo
GENRE : Hard Rock
YEAR : 2006
SOURCE : Internet Leak
ENCODER : Lame 3.90.3 Mod
QUALITY : VBRkbps / 44.1Khz / Joint-Stereo

.: T R A C K - L I S T I N G :.

01.I.R.S. [04:05]
02.Better [04:56]
03.There Was A Time [06:32]
04.Better (Clean Version) [03:39]
05.Better (Alternate Version) [03:01]
-------
22:13 min
35,5 MB

.: R E L E A S E - N O T E S :.

Axl Is back! finally!
About the tracks i did lots of improvements since drum midi
programming to supply the laking of overheads also i did some
EQ/Comp/limiter to punchy it a little bit.And i did to
versions of Better hope u guys enjoy it.:¬)
And dont forget when Chinese Democracy hit the stores run to
get your copy!
One More Thing i'd like to ask to ppl that get it dont put it
on p2p; share with your friends only, thanks.
Enjoy it!

aah, just fan made.....hmmm nothing really interesting then...

as for catcher in the rye.....what is there to tell about 9 seconds....

But i do think the cleaned up versions sound very very good. It just wasnt cool of this guy to try and make extra tracks altho he did anounce it, but still, it causes loads of confusion.

CITR sounds real. The clip doesn't really give anything away, just a few words and a slight rythm.