"TWAT (There Was A Time)" Discussion Thread

Tamatt27

Am I the only one who likes TWAT better than Better? Now don't get me wrong, I've only heard the full Better (without the so-called other song), and it's pretty good, but personally I like TWAT more. As soon as TWAT leaked, I burned a CD with TWAT, IRS, and the 2:06 version of Better, along with some VR songs and ICP songs, and I keep going back to TWAT over and over again. It's an amazing song! Who else is TWAT lovers here? :shades:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a twat lover :shades: I listened to it over and over after it leaked and didn't pay as much attention to Better.

Until the full version leaked! Now i can't stop listening to it. Especialy that part where it goes fuckin crazy!! and Finck's solo too. Axl sounds best on this one.

But I can't pick between these two songs :(

Am I the only one who likes TWAT better than Better? Now don't get me wrong, I've only heard the full Better (without the so-called other song), and it's pretty good, but personally I like TWAT more. As soon as TWAT leaked, I burned a CD with TWAT, IRS, and the 2:06 version of Better, along with some VR songs and ICP songs, and I keep going back to TWAT over and over again. It's an amazing song! Who else is TWAT lovers here? :shades:

I love TWAT. Now back to the topic...did I mention I loved TWAT? I think the final mix is going to blow people away. I mean, TWAT has funk elements in the bridge. Who can pull that off on a melodramatic song? There is also gospel influence. When all of the band members kick in on the chorus toward the end it really makes a statement about this being a "band" and not an "Axl Rose solo project"...and there are a dozen other examples of why this band can stand on its own minus any one of the other members.

Dude, I did virtually the same thing with all of the GNR boots from CD... too funny:) Anyway, I think TWAT is absolutely AMAZING. One of the best songs I've heard, ever, from anything. Better is pretty damned good too, don't get me wrong. But there's something about TWAT that just says, yea, this is what I've been waiting for, and I fucking love it. Great tune... I'm already singing along to it in the car breaking out my old Axl voice... which I pull of quite well I might add:)

Dude, I did virtually the same thing with all of the GNR boots from CD... too funny:) Anyway, I think TWAT is absolutely AMAZING. One of the best songs I've heard, ever, from anything. Better is pretty damned good too, don't get me wrong. But there's something about TWAT that just says, yea, this is what I've been waiting for, and I fucking love it. Great tune... I'm already singing along to it in the car breaking out my old Axl voice... which I pull of quite well I might add:)

Fuck yeah, I've got my new Axl voice where I can sing IRS damn good, and the old Axl voice has been in hibernation till now! :shades:

ICP :o

You juggallo motherfucker, don't wear your clown make up to any concerts I go to. I'm just joking, I won't start a fight or nothing.

I love both in separate ways, like blondes and burnettes Both can be really hot, it just depends on my mood.

I really like the originality of Better and the solo is great. TWAT is a good tune as it is but I think it suffers the most from being in demo format. The sound quality is quite poor and I imagine the studio version will have much more depth to the sound, it'll sound much fuller which will help the track a lot. Can't wait to hear the final mastered version.

Edited by PurpleHaze

he he he, im a twat lover too!

Gunna really get into twat 2nyt, spend lots of time on it till i cant take anymore..........

anyway.

Ye great song, its a grower and has grown on me. A better mix would be preffered, i think it will be wicked once completely done.

Better is more original, non gnr like, i like it a lot for that, 2 good songs, both better than irs by a long way im afraid mr irs shouldnt be on the final album, standard has to be higher than that.

Im gunna let my girlfriend who is a tyical, i love gnr s old stuff but no sure bowt new gnr person, although she really wants to come with me to lisbon and see axl perform live. Ye, so ajm gunna let her listen to the leaked stuff 2nyt, be interesting what she has to say. I rekon there is a hell of a lot of people like that, if the guy can turn out something very good then, which i have no doubt, the critics will have to eat their words. Some of the shite you hear on the radio today is so bad in comparison to even songs that arnt done like better, its a wicked track. No one seems to write rock ballards anymore, they just stick out 2.5min catchy tracks that appeal to popular culture. A mean, im from sheffield, so am obviously an arctic monkeys fan, they are very good, however, you listen to their album for a week and your bored of it. The whole albumis like 30mins long with one 5 min track. And their "the biggest band in the world"! standards have dropped people, time for somethin special from the great one!

Whislt im ranting, vr, well, i bought their album th eday it came out, its ok, but looking back has only 2 good tracks on it, slither and fall to pieces. Everything else is very average, scott weiland is a streak of fuckin piss that quite frankly just isnt a very good front man. That album shouldve been hammered, but no, it was lets kiss slashs ass time blah blah blah........

anyway, going to enjoy twat now :P

Looks like it's a mixed bag so you're not alone. For me, Better gets the nod. This is already one of my all time favorite songs even in the current form and in the top few of best G N' R songs for ME. I know that's saying a lot but this is how I feel even in it's present form. I was/am a big NIN fan and loved stuff like thrill Kill Kult right along with old G N' R. To hear some of the electronic influences seep in is like a dream for me, love the changes and the start ending is perfect to me tho others seem to not like those parts...same with heavy part in middle.... TWAT... alright but nothing near Better for me.

well id have to say that 'better' is a more upbeat song..but it also even seems to incorporate a 'disco' beat into it..it would seem...something i spotted on first listening...its mellowed now..but its still there to me..as well as rap...rock...metal....pop....its crazy..so many tastes incorporated into this one song.....i didnt know it was possible....as for TWAT...i love the piano...i think i might look at seperating the instruments somewhat...and remastering it...with less noise :P

...i know....i know.........i know...i know.....:D