"TWAT (There Was A Time)" Discussion Thread

Tamatt27

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

I liked Better better (haha) before I heard the full version.

TWAT has grown on me. A lot. I loved it the first time. The second, third, fourth times...not so much. Now I love it again.

It's really the end I love...so amazing.

I think the beginning has sections that need improvement that will hopefully be fixed/condensed on the studio version.

When Axl gets to the part where it goes, "There was a time...do you want to know it all" and the other boys kick in, that song begins to kick ass all over the place. The last three and a half minutes are epic stuff.

Nobody loves TWAT like Santana loves TWAT!

The first time I heard it, I was amazed. I honestly think it's one of the best songs GNR have ever done. rock1

I think I could give you a run for your money.

I think it's by far best song of the leaks - way above IRS and Better. It fucking rocks -- I was amazed on the first listen. It surprises me to see so many non-fans of this track, when I think it's one of Axl's best works.

Edited by highvoltageacdc

Nobody loves TWAT like Santana loves TWAT!

The first time I heard it, I was amazed. I honestly think it's one of the best songs GNR have ever done. rock1

I think I could give you a run for your money.

I think it's by far best song of the leaks - way above IRS and Better. It fucking rocks -- I was amazed on the first listen. It surprises me to see so many non-fans of this track, when I think it's one of Axl's best works.

you know, the intro really kills this song for me, but after the first verse it starts getting better............. i really dig the chorus and the final solo...............

but my favorite by far is "better"....................... but the quadlaser edit w/o that middle part................ just my two cents.

you know, the intro really kills this song for me

I really like the intro to be honest. It's almost a little haunting... I don't really know how i'd describe what it is I like about it. You just get the feeling that something big is going to happen as you listen to it.

There's a longer intro to this song floating around somewhere. My brother played it for me at his house yesterday.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, its been quite sometime since I posted on here.

In reference to Better, TWAT and IRS I would have to say that IRS and TWAT equally sound indefatigible in their own right. However, each song is unique and different. But TWAT I would say has more of a feeling but this is just my own personal opinion. I love all three songs-but TWAT and IRS I enjoy listening to the most.

-Battlehawk

TWAT is quickly becoming one of my favorite songs not only of GnR, but in general. I think it still needs some fine tuning but i absolutely love it. My playlist for the last week has been TWAT, TWAT, TWAT, IRS, TWAT, TWAT, IRS, Better, TWAT, TWAT, TWAT, Estranged... repeat... seriously.... that's probably sad but i don't care. I've also started listening to random musings from Buckethead, although i dont know why - he probably won't rejoin the band, i just think he's odd.. Herbie, plus that random flayling motion he sometimes makes like he's swatting at gnats... good stuff.

Anyhow, 2 things that came to me tonight while walking the streets of Detroit. One, i was listening to TWAT walking down the street at night and its really cold here, so i got an idea for a music video. I think it would be neat to start a video with axl walking down the sunset hollywood strip late at night with all the signs lit up and flashback between current day and 1986, i dont know if they would have any footage of this, but they could just do a blue screen. And 2, the more i listen to it, the more i think Axl is talking... to himself in this song. Although, some of the lines dont necessarily follow this theory. I won't post any lyrics here, since we arent supposed to, but keep that in mind the next time you listen to it, it makes sense to me - or at least i want it to make sense. If there is any truth to this, then the music video idea i had above would certainly work well. However... i dont know how i feel about a guy with a bucket on his head doing a badass solo on the roof of the Roxy with helicopter spotlights on him... now Slash on the other hand... too bad that's the most baseless rumor i've probably ever heard in my entire life... did you hear that Kennedy was assassinated by a magic bullet?

I think TWAT is a great song, but I can't stop listening to Better. I've probably listened to that song 100 times in the last couple of days, and everytime I do, I notice something I hadn't before and I l like it even more. I really think Chinese Democracy is going to be the first great album of the decade.