"TWAT (There Was A Time)" Discussion Thread

Tamatt27

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about i wud say a year ago i downloaded a mp3 on limewire named, there was a time(instrumental). anyway having heard the recent leak i can tell that they are the same song, just a different stages of production. there is a massive change, so i would be suprised if anything we have heard cud change massively on the final piece

leak it :rofl-lol:

I can't stop listening to this intense masterpiece. The song has everything if you ask me. Axl sounds fuckin' amazing and the guitar work is literally astonishing. If this is only a demo (you can tell from the drum machine) it should sound amazing on the record.

This could probably be merged to the TWAT thread if mods like but there is a point. Does anyone else think that these new Guns N' Roses songs are better than all the material from the past? You maybe think I'm jumping the gun with this as we have all over listened to the old stuff. Except the Spaghetti Incident which I don't think I've ever listened to all the way through.

Maybe I'm over using my illusion but the song is amazing. :shocked:

tbh, I don't see how demos can even compare to tried and tested, throughout time, songs. Songs that inspired generations, and brought happiness to many. I'm not saying this won't, but it's early days.

The comparisions of Estranged to There Was A Time is ridiculous I must say Kev, tbh, it's a moderate song. I know we all have different opinions and whatnot, but you are comparing a poor quality demo to a masterpiece.

it's a good song, but AFD is still my fav guns ALBUM. TWAT sounds like it could've been on UYI in my opinion. A good solid song, but not my fav. out of all the new songs we've heard, the blues is still my fav. out of the 4 recent leaks, Better is my fav.

I see Sandman picked up on my dislike of Estranged. I think TWAT knocks it through heaven's door. I always thought Estranged was the most overdone Guns N' Roses song. I never really liked it that much. I love Better and IRS. CITR is awesome too except I feel work needs doing on the vocals.

It's just whenever I play TWAT I just think... how much is the world going to love this?

I see Sandman picked up on my dislike of Estranged.

Never Kev, never ;)

I dislike Better, haven't heard enough of CITR, think that I.R.S and There Was A Time are good songs, but as yet, I'm not going to compare them with released material

Guest JohnUlmer
I see Sandman picked up on my dislike of Estranged. I think TWAT knocks it through heaven's door. I always thought Estranged was the most overdone Guns N' Roses song. I never really liked it that much. I love Better and IRS. CITR is awesome too except I feel work needs doing on the vocals.

It's just whenever I play TWAT I just think... how much is the world going to love this?

I agree with you, the more I listen to it, the more I consider TWAT to be one of the finest GN'R songs. Everybody keeps saying it's poor quality, but I think it's pretty good. The studio version pumping through my stereo with the bass cranked up is going to be mind-bending. rock3

i hated all of them the first time i heard 'em, but they gradually grew on me over time. TWAT didnt hit me as hard as the others and its my least favourite out of the "whole damn bunch"...

CITR was the only one out of the leaks which i liked immediately, and regardless of its audio quality, its awesome and knowing its brian may playing on it made that bit more special!!

out of all the new songs From 1999-2006, OMG and CITR are my only favourites...

i hated all of them the first time i heard 'em, but they gradually grew on me over time. TWAT didnt hit me as hard as the others and its my least favourite out of the "whole damn bunch"...

CITR was the only one out of the leaks which i liked immediately, and regardless of its audio quality, its awesome and knowing its brian may playing on it made that bit more special!!

You have to be joking man? Oh My God was a tragedy. What about The Blues? Madagascar? Catcher in the Rye is ace but I don't think it matches Madagascar.

You have to be joking man? Oh My God was a tragedy. What about The Blues? Madagascar? Catcher in the Rye is ace but I don't think it matches Madagascar.

the only reason i think people see OMG as a tragedy was because its GNRs first original song in 8 years with a different band (practically) and then they automatically compare it to the old gnr...

where as songs from 2001/02 tour are accepted more as there was a variety to listen to, and people could see where this new band were/are coming from...

i dont know why i like CITR so much, it has elements of Beatles/Queen and i guess that appeals to me alot...

but madagascar is a rocking tune, i think a studio version of all the songs will make me change my oppinion on them.....im just upset that we may never hear rhiad in that type of form because it could be awesome...was like a industrial version of led zeppelin the first time i heard it...

Edited by Charles Manson

TWAT is actually the best song i have heard in years no word of a lie. i rushed out and brought the vr album on the mornin of the release and i was so dam disapointed. but the second i heard twat i fell in love with it. i istened to it about 4 times on the way to uni yesterday lol. only thing is im dreadin hearing the song without bucket head in. that outro solo is so dam sweet. its awsome