________

Guest Bach

Oh My God is easly the most adventurist song for axl as far as the leaked songs weve heard. Its a bit heavier then anything he's really done(guitar tone wise). also you got to love the 16 note drumming in it. its very electronic like. very cool arrangment. I think it just plain kicks ass, nice fusing axl.

also, the chorus has a bit of a new wave feel to it. anyone else catch this?

Welcome to 1999

Oh My God isn't a leaked song, it was on the End of Days soundtrack

I don't think Axl is inventing anything new with regard to what you call bipolar songs. What about System Of A Down? Their music is all over the place.

SOAD is brilliant. They are the first band in a long time whose music has "Fuck the System" written all over it. They stand for what they believe in and make no concessions or compromises.

Edited by MetaSouL

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

To say that "Better" is the start of a new style or genre of music is ridiculous, it's just a tired rehash of the sounds of the 1990's.

Even think that it is not only Axl that makes this music all over the place, but the fact that its been stated that he tries to have all the members contribute something to each song? And in the contribution they just went different ways?

I don´t think Axl wrote bipolar songs :rolleyes: . I think Axl reflects his feelings,emotions or experiences in them. He has evolved musically and personally and his music is the reflection of that evolution,IMO. :)

I strongly agree with what you just wrote. Axl has feelings and a heart and he's not aftraid too show them in his sings. That's something I love about Axl. It has northing too do with bipolar.

Instead of having one approch and dig into it more profoundly, the songs show many faces

...just like Axl's personality! :lol:

You don´t have any idea of Axl´s personality but only the things you read about him in internet.

What Bach meant is that Axl´s moods are reflected in his music, bipolars go from one extreme to the other. Today they feel they are on top of the world and later they feel like dying and that´s what Bach meant but most of us misinterpreted him ( myself included). He reflects his personality and his feelings in his music.

Dont worry dude' they think its fashionable to be bipolar

I used the Bipolar word just to point out the fact that Axl's music reflects his personality. Axl Rose is manic-depressive (aka bipolar). He has very sudden mood swings, and these mood swings are on a "high-scale", meaning he feels VERY low, than VERY high. But I'm not surprised you didn't understood.

why cos i dont go around telling everyone my personal shit?

get a life dude

Guns n' Roses new material is complex, sophisticated in the different layers of sounds. It's often designed like a rollercoaster, and doesn't follow the usual construction of songs we may be used to. It's smooth, then it takes off, is soft again, than very violent, aggressive.

Instead of having one approch and dig into it more profoundly, the songs show many faces. As for the sound, it's techno/industrial oriented, with some hip-hop touch, than it's metal or epic. It's the same with Axl voice, and it's like with each songs he show some different parts of his personality. His interpretation and voice is sometimes vulnerable and sad, sometimes very "high-mooded", or even a little scary/aggressive.

The best example of this is Better.

When the two first leaks occured, and we heard only 2 minutes of the song, everyone thought this song would be a very catchy pop-rock tune. But then with the second half of the song (and the incredibly aggressive middle-part) Better showed us its true face.

It's a schizophrenic song, a rollercoaster. I definitely see a connection betweent Better and Oh My God (and with IRS for the complex melodic construction, as well as -don't bite!- with My World which was un unassumed attempt by Axl to explore new direction) Just like Axl has some violent and quick mood changes, his music reflect this.

I just love it. Oh My God is one of my favorite songs ever. And Now Better is as well.

You have obviously never heard Mr. Bungle. Axl has NOTHING on Mike Patton when it comes to changing up songs during the song.