BIG NEWS??

Bucketslash

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im srry if this question is stupid, but can someone tell me if he really is playing with them??

No, it's not stupid, and if you ask me -- no he's not playing with them.

It doesn't say that he is anywhere on the site -- I think the original posted just jumped to a conclusion.

actually,i did a LITTLE DIGGING before posting this

i mean,the chances are so high

brian may playing on the album,axl's talks of how this will sound like queen,this site, the reported interview of a small tour

if you ask me,chances are high

when i wenmt to the front page i saw something smaall about gnr,instead of jumping up,i went into the what's new section, when i couldn't get the link open,i'd had enough and THEN JUMPED

Yeah, and now the link will open (check here) and we know it isn't true.

So maybe you could edit your original post to say so. :xmasschef2:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Brian May should join GNR, he would curtail Axl's negative influences and bring credibility.

Yes I know this would not happen.

On his official site he has a diary of all his upcoming appearances including those in talks, Dublin is NOT mentioned for june.

Exactly.

He's mentioned the Dublin concert because he's worked with Axl before and he's happy/excited about Guns going on tour again. It's not in his upcoming concerts section - its in his SOAPBOX section. ;)

It doesn't say or suggest anything about him joining them there.

Brian May is a bit of a pretencious twat if you ask me. I've never liked him. I wouldn't like it if he joined Guns N' Roses. That would be a tradgedy in me eyes. <_<

From what I've heard Brian May is just a really nice guy, who just happens to be a Guitar God.

Anything he does with GN'R is going to be interesting, and if they do perfor together I'd love too

see it. Would be nice if it was pro-shot too, a nice DVD package to accompany the FMTC.

:xmasssanta:

I'm going to see Brian May here on March 3rd. Tha is the beggining of the Queen US tour. He is not going to join GN'R.... He might do the Dublin concert. The guy has played on many concerts with other artists. Now forwihfull thinking. rock1 Brian May is GOD!! Would love for him to do A WHOLE TOUR with GN'R!! If anyone has doubts watch the F. Mercury tribute where he played with AXL

that site does NOT say or confirm that Brian is actually playing with them. Some news that he likes he posts at his 'Soapbox section'. There is no rumour, just a very wrong interpretation.

See it like this:

"sp1 at.com has tourdates from Guns N' Roses listed"

"oh my god......the webmaster is the NEW GNR lead guitar player!!!"

just as stupid as that!!!

Now I do love Brian May and it would be great if he did a couple of shows with them. :heart:

but some of you need to read properly, saves alot of your time....

Edited by Dont Try Me

Guys, sorry to burst your bubble, but I've been visiting Brian's website for quite some time... he just posts news that interests him; he'll post AC/DC or Foo Fighters tour dates just as readily, and it doesn't mean he'll be playing with them. But here's a thing - there's a contact e-mail for his webmaster on that site. Have you tried checking with them? If Brian was playing with GNR - which would be fantastic - he would've posted that he'd be PLAYING WITH GNR...

SG

Are you guys not reading it?

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/briannews/br...wsfeb06.html#12

HE IS NOT PLAYING WITH GNR HE JUST POSTED THE ARTICLE

THAT AREA IS LIKE HIS BLOG OR WHATEVER

NOT POSTED TOUR DATES

why are you all so blind

Yeah, Rain's right - it's under Brian's "soapbox" section.

But it says "Page can't be found when" you click on it.....

Link says this:

**Fri 24 Feb 05**

GUNS N' ROSES DUBLIN GIG 9 JUNE (ON SALE SAT 9AM)

As reported on Blabbermonth.net, acccording to Aiken Promotions (concert promoter) and RTE.ie Entertainment, GUNS N' ROSES will perform at the RDS Arena in Dublin, Ireland Friday, June 9 with support from special guests MÖTLEY CRÜE. Tickets, priced from €54.50, go on sale on Saturday, February 25 at 9:00 a.m. GUNS N' ROSES were last seen onstage in Ireland in May 1992.

In a rare interview conducted by Rolling Stone magazine on Jan. 13, GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose promised fans that the band will be back in 2006 with the long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album.

"People will hear music this year," Rose said. "'Chinese Democracy' is a very complex record. I am trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like QUEEN."

He also added he is working on 32 songs for the album and 26 are finished out of which 13 will feature on the final album. Some songs include "Better", "There was a Time" and "The Blues".

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" collection, which was originally issued in March of 2004, sold 16,000 copies in the United States last week alone, bringing the total number of copies sold since its release to 2.77 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Rose, along with Slash and ex-bassist Duff McKagan, tried to block the release of "Greatest Hits" with a lawsuit, claiming that the record label had assembled the CD without their input. The band's label, Geffen Records, insisted that it was forced to put out a greatest hits album since Axl Rose had failed to deliver the long-delayed new GUNS album, "Chinese Democracy".

Fucking Jesus, the tickets cost 54,50euros!!! :o

Am I the only one who don't wanna see Brian May with G&R?

no your not' he's the most boring guitarist in the world' that home made guitar sounds crap

If Brian May is crap, buckethead plays the banjo.

BRIAN MAY=LEGEND

queen were amazing.

/wonders if Brian May is simply with GnR for the live gig's or if Brian May has re_recorded all of Bucketheads parts on CD or simply done his own thing in place of what ever Buckethead added to CD. Only with the release of CD will the anwsers become reality ;)

Mr May might simply pop on stage to lend a hand for a few tracks, to have some fun and nothing more.

Btw, about 17 years ago, while in a local shop, Brain May from Queen popped in to the very same shop and brought some stuff. He had ared merc parked outside. It was a sunny Sunday. Some hours later i spoke to my sister and told her, never guess who was in the local store. I said Brain May from Queen and she said she had heard that they (Queen) were filming a video in the area. Of the Queen video's i have seen, the only video that i can think of that could have been filmed in the area was the video where the band is on the back of a train.

Edited by dobadog

/wonders if Brian May is simply with GnR for the live gig's or if Brian May has re_recorded all of Bucketheads parts on CD or simply done his own thing in place of what ever Buckethead added to CD. Only with the release of CD will the anwsers become reality ;)

Brian May ISN'T TOURING with GNR. A guy posted this on cd.com, and then apologised for misreading the site.

brian says guns have a gig in dublin..........not that he is playing with them!

good lord! when will people understand

Brian May ISN'T TOURING with GNR. A guy posted this on cd.com, and then apologised for misreading the site.

7 pages later :lol:

Am I the only one who don't wanna see Brian May with G&R?

no your not' he's the most boring guitarist in the world' that home made guitar sounds crap

If Brian May is crap, buckethead plays the banjo.

BRIAN MAY=LEGEND

queen were amazing.

his solos are crap' so are queen

7 pages later :lol:

Yup, 7 pages later - Pointless thread - again :P

Mr May might simply pop on stage to lend a hand for a few tracks, to have some fun and nothing more.

Btw, about 17 years ago, while in a local shop, Brain May from Queen popped in to the very same shop and brought some stuff. He had a red merc parked outside. It was a sunny Sunday. Some hours later i spoke to my sister and told her, never guess who was in the local store. I said Brain May from Queen and she said she had heard that they (Queen) were filming a video in the area. Of the Queen video's i have seen, the only video that i can think of that could have been filmed in the area was the video where the band is on the back of a train.

Edited by dobadog