Do you think this time we will have decent soundboard live material

Son Of A Gun

I have noticed how all the old Gn'R shows...and unfortunately the new ones too, which were released in soundboard were unfortunately very mediocre (eg. St. Louis '91, Tokyo 2.22.92, Paris 6.6.92, Argentina 12.05.92 & 7.16.93 and the US sounboards of '02) were very mediocre played shows and I wondered why there has never been a release of a better show and there has been many of them. Do you think this time Axl will release kick ass (and not mediocre) shows officially and at least put up a kick-ass performance at those televised or professionally filmed shows like upcoming festivals.

I have noticed how all the old Gn'R shows...and unfortunately the new ones too, which were released in soundboard were unfortunately very mediocre (eg. St. Louis '91, Tokyo 2.22.92, Paris 6.6.92, Argentina 12.05.92 & 7.16.93 and the US sounboards of '02) were very mediocre played shows and I wondered why there has never been a release of a better show and there has been many of them. Do you think this time Axl will release kick ass (and not mediocre) shows officially and at least put up a kick-ass performance at those televised or professionally filmed shows like upcoming festivals.

Some of the soundboard recordings I have are pretty good, from the 2002 tour.. I was at the last two shows they performed before the tour was 'called off'.

DirtyDeeds: My mate gets Oasis ones by asking the sound engineers if he can plug in his recording device to the soundboard. They usually say it's fine.

mahimahi: They don't broadcast it live on television I don't think, they'll show highlights on Scuzz/Kerrang and Channel 4, of which I'm SURE GnR will be featured. One of the radio stations (can't remember which) broadcasts live transmission so you can hear the audio.

Back to the topic.

If Axl released anything officially from these shows, be it a CD or a DVD, I'll be excited, we'll know he hasn't forgotten how to release items.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Soundboards recordings still aren't the best recordings anyway, other bands with soundboards recordings i've known usually expect the best from going through the desk, then get completely annoyed when the recording is pretty much all vocals and drums.

there's no sure way of getting a decent recording at somewhere like a fesitval by doing it yourself with a condenser mic and mini disc, which is what a lot of people seem to do, if you're gonna be the annoying ass waving his mini disc and mic in the air while everyones jumping about like loon's to welcome to the jungle and bashing into you, you're gonna have to grin and bear it.

Do they broadcast the Download festival live be it on Television or an Internet Stream??

I could swear ive watched videos from the Download festival on Television before, but im not 100% sure.

Download appears on kerrang! tv but the sound quality is normally rather crap. Also they only play clips of songs rarely a whole set of a band.

DirtyDeeds: My mate gets Oasis ones by asking the sound engineers if he can plug in his recording device to the soundboard. They usually say it's fine.

mahimahi: They don't broadcast it live on television I don't think, they'll show highlights on Scuzz/Kerrang and Channel 4, of which I'm SURE GnR will be featured. One of the radio stations (can't remember which) broadcasts live transmission so you can hear the audio.

Back to the topic.

If Axl released anything officially from these shows, be it a CD or a DVD, I'll be excited, we'll know he hasn't forgotten how to release items.

Really? Even though you aren't supposed to be able to get into the gig in the first place with recording equipment, anybody that DOES get in can just merrily go up to an important guy in the concert production... the sound guy... and ask to plug in to his machine?

That... just... doesn't seem right somehow. Not that I'm saying you aren't tell the truth... I'm not... I'm just saying... that just doesn't seem logical.

When mentionning "mediocre", I do hope you are reffering to the quality of the recordings and not the concerts themselves. All GNR concerts are kickass concerts. Even some of em that didn't even last an hour had exceptionnal moments too..

Many pre-1991 GNR concerts are audience recordings wich can sometimes be bad recordings. Some concerts are released by diferent companies and the sound varies. See "Same concert, different CD covers!

The sound quality of bootlegs is never as good as the officially released Guns n Roses concerts. I recommend you read the Do you really need bootlegs? article on mygnr.com

It all depends on whether or not the Sound Crew are going to be the same bunch of guys that were used in the 2002 tour. If i recall correctly John M (www.gnrontour.com) knew some of them and they were the ones who provided him with the recordings, some....... and some being the key word there, of which were released out to the general public!

Jonx

Back to the topic.

Really? Even though you aren't supposed to be able to get into the gig in the first place with recording equipment, anybody that DOES get in can just merrily go up to an important guy in the concert production... the sound guy... and ask to plug in to his machine?

That... just... doesn't seem right somehow. Not that I'm saying you aren't tell the truth... I'm not... I'm just saying... that just doesn't seem logical.

His mp3 player has a built in USB, and can record.

Basically he plugs that into the sound desk with record on, security let it through because you just say "its my MP3 player" or whatever. The sound guys don't give a damn.

Back to the topic.

Yea it happens all the time, everywhere, you're not supposed to do it at all, of course.

A lot of the time you're just making the job for the sound guy harder, he's trying to set shit up and tapers are in the way setting up their recording crap.

I dont mean that. I mean do you think axl will at least once put up a really kick ass show for the camera? From all the shows we have got which are soundboard, they are nothing special, pretty plain and boring. I m talkin about like say if they soundboarded Chiba and Osaka 02 instead of some shitty concert in US when unfortunately they played pretty crap. I d like Axl to actually put up a really kick ass performance with his band so that at least there is some official kick ass bootlegs, and not mediocre stuff like Tokyo & Paris 92 or one of those US 2002 soundboards.