Tomorrows Monday!

tippin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a dude on another forum came this morning (1st post) and wrote this:

I understand everyones speculation. 48 hours and we shall see. I never get my hopes up about gnr though, to many let downs. Just sayin what I was told by an insider, that's all. he could be wrong, but he is usually pretty good with his info.

He has nothing to do with GnR, but he was made aware the press release was in their possession, just waiting for a few things to finalize.

I think the discussion started on Sunday, so the 48 hrs could refer to tomorrow, the 28th Feb.

Well, no news yet. Happy Monday to all :)

I keep thinking back to the Merch comments that comments will be 'forthcoming'...isn't that how they put it? With all the loose ends with leaks, concerts, guitarist to cover Buckets stuff live...I really hope some kind of statement happens ASAP. The Axl camp should ride the wave of publicity they are getting frrom MTV, VH1, and other publications etc.... would be a shame to loose the steam. rock3

By the way mods, why did this get deleted a few minutes ago?

yeah i used to hate mondays but now i love them. :) lol

when it starts off good by receiving news it just makes the rest of week brighter

Yeah it does! I can't believe I get excited Monday mornings, before I log on. Here's hoping the streak stays alive!

the mods deleted your first thread because i said "mondays started kicking ass in 2002 when i got laid by the same dimepiece chick two mondays in a row". they couldn't handle it, the jelaousy, desperation and agony took over, seeing as they are probably 24 year old virgins with pimples and their social life equals this board. sorry for offending you virgin mods, i feel your bitterness, i used to be there once too.

Alright...what do you think the LEAST amount of time is that an announcment will come out before release? I would think that it would be at least four weeks. That would mean that we would have to hear something this week if we're looking for an end of March release.

What do you think the time frame would be? I could be wrong, maybe it would be two weeks, I don't know.

What's the average difference from announcement and release date in the industry, anyone know?

well its monday, still no full catcher in the rye.. y........

At this point, anything earlier than a late April-May release date or later is unrealistic.

I think if we're lucky, we could see this thing in April... I'm not betting on it.

well its monday, still no full catcher in the rye.. y........

At this point, anything earlier than a late April-May release date or later is unrealistic.

I think if we're lucky, we could see this thing in April... I'm not betting on it.

UYI 1 and 2 dropped 4 weeks after the "official" release date was announced, and 6 weeks after Axl said, in concert, that he and Slash had just finished the album the day before.

You can argue, of course, that UYI already had a single out, etc, so much of the traditional "promo" stuff was done....but 4 to 6 weeks is all they really NEED. I think we've already seen, with the fervor and press that the song leaks have generated, that CD doesn't particularly NEED a lot of promotion....it's release (and the free press it's generating) is promo the band and label couldn't buy.

By the way mods, why did this get deleted a few minutes ago?

yeah i used to hate mondays but now i love them. :) lol

when it starts off good by receiving news it just makes the rest of week brighter

Yeah it does! I can't believe I get excited Monday mornings, before I log on. Here's hoping the streak stays alive!

the mods deleted your first thread because i said "mondays started kicking ass in 2002 when i got laid by the same dimepiece chick two mondays in a row". they couldn't handle it, the jelaousy, desperation and agony took over, seeing as they are probably 24 year old virgins with pimples and their social life equals this board. sorry for offending you virgin mods, i feel your bitterness, i used to be there once too.

:rofl-lol: Poor Mods :unsure: