Rock in Rio Lisboa

Karri

My plan is to go to the next Rock in Rio festival to see GNR...

So if you have been in RIR shows, I would like to know what it's really like...

- How long should I expect to queue to get in? Are we talking about hours or days...? Of course I want to get pretty much in front of the stage ... is it even possible?

- So... you can go as close to the stage as you want... It's just a matter of who will get there first, huh?

- There's so much people.... Can you see anything there?

- Is the whole trip worth it?

- Where exactly is Bela Vista Park?

Edited by Karri

My plan is to go to the next Rock in Rio festival to see GNR...

So if you have been in RIR shows, I would like to know what it's really like...

- How long should I expect to queue to get in? Are we talking about hours or days...? Of course I want to get pretty much in front of the stage ... is it even possible?

- So... you can go as close to the stage as you want... It's just a matter of who will get there first, huh?

- There's so much people.... Can you see anything there?

- Is the whole trip worth it?

- Where exactly is Bela Vista Park?

Lets see:

- It is quite easy to get in, and fast....I was in a queue for 5 minutes so it does not take long.... But if you want to be at front you have to go there fast because if you dont you ll not have a place (that should nbo be a problem because I think you want to see the other bands also)

- Yeah... I mean in the last RIR you get there first and you get the place

- Hell yeah... you can see... no problem with that

- Dont know... Is GNR worth it?? to me it is (but for me it is easy to talk because I live in lisbon), also lisbon is a great city so...

- In a place called Chelas... or at least near it.... Im using the bus to get there....

And yes it is far from the lisbon center... But you get there, no problem (im not a guide but if you need help just let me know)

Edited by Jmm

And yes it is far from the lisbon center... But you get there, no problem (im not a guide but if you need help just let me know)

Thanks for the info.

I'm gonna be staying in a hostel very near the center of the city. How far is the park from the Lisbon center, in kilometers?

Do you have Google Earth? If you have I would like to get the RIR coordinates.

Edited by Karri

Thanks for the info.

I'm gonna be staying in a hostel very near the center of the city. How far is the park from the Lisbon center, in kilometers?

I know lisbon nut not that fuckin well!!! Can you tell me the street were your hotel is in??

Thanks for the info.

I know lisbon nut not that fuckin well!!! Can you tell me the street were your hotel is in??

lisbon-hostel.jpg

In the map bellow you are in the area of BAIXA CHIADO (black circle) and tou want to go to the Bela Vista park (blue circle).

http://rapidshare.de/files/14295149/bela_vista.bmp.html" target="_blank">Bela vista location and your location

I live in the place with the red circle and to go to there Ill use the subway.... So here what youll do:

take the subway on Baixa chiado (black circle on the subway diagram bellow) and go all the way in the green line until ALAMEDA (marked with a brown circle) then change to the red line and go to the station with the blue mark BELA VISTA.

Subway

There you are!!! hope you can follow what I said, and so: till Lisbon rock3

if you cant find your way: email me!!!