Axl/GN'R have taken offense to recent Boston Herald article

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

I don't know what the rules are here of quoting members from HTGTH...it seems mentioning the site is forbidden or something...but some guy named "Mysteron" who claims to have ties with some aspect of the GN'R camp claims Axl/GN'R have taken offense to that recent Boston Herald article, in which the writer said the new demos "aren't Axl's best." Supposedly, GN'R hopes we will write to the Herald to express our discontent towards this.

I dunno, sounds kinda pathetic to me if it's true.

GN'R have taken offence at a recent article by the Boston Herald criticising the songs that were recently leaked. Considering they were unfinished products, their article was a little harsh.

Alot of you seemed to have enjoyed the recent songs (even though no-one should have really heard them in the first place ). You have given opinions but at the same time said that you will not judge them completely until the final versions are released.

If you want to express an opinion to the Boston Herald, you can email them here;

letterstoeditor@bostonherald.com

Edited by UK SUBS

Who cares what a few papers are saying about the new songs? The album isn't out and it won't effect sales in any way whatsoever if the album lives up to half the hype. And obviously unfinished songs aren't going to be Axl's best work, they aren't finished. We haven't heard the finished songs, and the songs that leaked could be dramatically different when the album is released.

Anything that comes out will be heavily criticized anyway if it doesn't sound like old GNR, and we all know that it won't, and it shouldn't.

Has anyone ever found out whether or not Mysteron actually has any connection to Guns n Roses? I know he's constantly lurking on HTGTH and, to a lesser extent, here, but what's the actual deal with this dude?

(S)He's the real deal. ;)

why because you say so?.

Has anyone ever found out whether or not Mysteron actually has any connection to Guns n Roses? I know he's constantly lurking on HTGTH and, to a lesser extent, here, but what's the actual deal with this dude?

why because you say so?.

No, because Merck told madison ages ago that Mysteron was in touch with him. :rolleyes:

why because you say so?.

No, because Merck told madison ages ago that Mysteron was in touch with him. :rolleyes:

thats all i wanted high :D,

your so...........whats the word i'm looking for.... formal, do everything by the book?.

why because you say so?.

thats all i wanted high :D,

your so...........whats the word i'm looking for.... formal, do everything by the book?.

Piss off aussie. :D

...and still they don't give a proper statement, we just hear rumours that they might have not liked the article.

I look forward to the first official statement in December 06, the statement will be "Fuck you!" and it will be released after the whole album has leaked.

It's not a matter of freedom of speech it's a matter of common sense.If anyone chooses to say those are not Guns N' Roses' best songs fine but nobody should make it sound as if it were true and that you have to agree with them.After all,it's just a demo.I think I speak for everyone when I say that judging a song after its demo is not fair.Try to understand that the freedom of speech thing doesn't automatically make your statement the right one.

Edited by Inside_the_frozen_beehize

They shouldn´t take this article as an offence. GNR have always had bad critics in the media and I don´t know about the others but atleast Axl is used to the critics. I don´t think this article is going to steal his sleep,I mean, he´s been said worse things in the past and this article is just one more article :rolleyes: .

Maybe the writer has gone too far by judging these demos as if they were finished songs, that says a lot about his lack of objectiveness. And don´t forget that most of the critics are frustrated musicians...

What really matters here is that the fans like them, even my friends who aren´t gnr fans like them! The problem would be if we didn´t like those songs and that´s not happened :) .