Do you think the GNR demos will have any influence...

LA_0013

Wasn't sure if this would be better in the VR forum, but I think it should go in here with all the discussion about the demo leaks.

Here's a question. You can bet your bottom dollar that Slash et al. have had a listen to TWAT, IRS and Better. The general consensus on the net etc has been positive, and there's no doubt that the material we have heard so far shows a lot of potential.

Seeing as VR are in the process of writing for the new album, do you think they will have been influenced any by the positive reaction of Axl's work? Or do you think (for lack of a better phrase!) they couldn't give a fuck!

Sorry to create another GNR/VR post, but I think its a valid question.

LA

No way. The're just working on their own stuff in their own way.

Why always the supposed competition? Just see them as two sepperate bands man.

Oh believe me I do. I've seen VR twice! There's no competition as far as I'm concerned!

LA

Edited by LA_0013

I think VR is going to steal all of Axl's songs, and re-record them. Axl will procede to throw the hissy fit of the century, and sue everyone in the continental united states.

The whole world is out to get Axl, don't you know?

Wasn't sure if this would be better in the VR forum, but I think it should go in here with all the discussion about the demo leaks.

Here's a question. You can bet your bottom dollar that Slash et al. have had a listen to TWAT, IRS and Better. The general consensus on the net etc has been positive, and there's no doubt that the material we have heard so far shows a lot of potential.

Seeing as VR are in the process of writing for the new album, do you think they will have been influenced any by the positive reaction of Axl's work? Or do you think (for lack of a better phrase!) they couldn't give a fuck!

Sorry to create another GNR/VR post, but I think its a valid question.

LA

I'm sure they'll have it in their back heads, cause VR's new album will, without a doubt, be compared to Chi Dem when they are both out there.. They will have to make a kick ass album, cause if not, Axl will, as he has been saying the last decade, prove himself to have been the mastemind behind GN'R.

That is if Chi Dem is a huge succsess and VR's album flops.

The whole reason Axl is no longer working with Slash, Duff and Matt is because their music is heading in different directions, therefore, I don't think there will be any direct influence at all.

I hope they are both brilliant albums which I am sure they will be and the only thing that would be better would be 1 brilliant album by the "proper" GN'R - here's wishing!