I predict a riot!

huzel

Bought tickets for the RDS show in Dublin on saturday around lunchtime - at a ticketmaster booth in the Jervis centre.

Came out and was face to face with riot police!!

After standing bemused in O'Connell St for a few minutes a fire engine turned up to douse a flaming moped that had been torched by some celtic supporters!

Next thing rocks are being thrown at the truck and its getting looted, then the riot gardai begin to advance! i decided to bolt at that point!!

I know theres been one or two riots at GnR concerts guess this will prepare me if it happens again :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4754084.stm

:unsure: yea nothin to do with gnr but i heard about it

just the loyalists got fed up starting trouble up here thought theyd go down give ye's a kick up the arse, sorry bout that. shoulda joined in the fun!! chuck a couple of petrol bombs about, be a great laugh!!

p.s. this is a JOKE of sorts, i am not encouraging rioting you might catch fire :anger:

Edited by alternative_ulster

just the loyalists got fed up starting trouble up here thought theyd go down give ye's a kick up the arse, sorry bout that. shoulda joined in the fun!! chuck a couple of petrol bombs about, be a great laugh!!

p.s. this is a JOKE of sorts, i am not encouraging rioting you might catch fire :anger:

Honestly, what the fuck were they thinking? They could parade down O'Connell Street waving union jacks around and nothing would happen? Pillocks. It's like allowing a bunch of Germans to march in Trafalgar Square in full SS uniform, waving swastika flags... and then being surprised when someone chucks a brick at them...

SG

After standing bemused in O'Connell St for a few minutes a fire engine turned up to douse a flaming moped that had been torched by some celtic supporters!

up the fucking hoops!

I concur wholeheartedly my friend!!!!!!! :D

Honestly, what the fuck were they thinking? They could parade down O'Connell Street waving union jacks around and nothing would happen? Pillocks. It's like allowing a bunch of Germans to march in Trafalgar Square in full SS uniform, waving swastika flags... and then being surprised when someone chucks a brick at them...

SG

haha yea i get your point, i didnt particulary see the point in it, they parade for everything these days! like im cool with the 12th of july parades up here but it seems theyre just doing it to stir up trouble in many cases. my guess is they were looking to get a rise out of youse, try and make themselves look like the victims or something. though also, they dont like protestants being a minority in ireland and wanna be heard...just went the wrong way about it. just get in there and kick their arses. though i think a riot was over the top, guess the irish just like to fight.

i wouldnt compare them to nazis though!!! :no: although a hell of a lot of people do, cause theyre prods, hence the sectarionist label "hun" <_<<_< but they knew theyd have bricks thrown at them and all, theyre pretty thick, just not that thick. but sure its over and done with now...lets just wait around for til the next one.

i wouldnt compare them to nazis though!!! :no: although a hell of a lot of people do, cause theyre prods, hence the sectarionist label "hun" <_<<_< but they knew theyd have bricks thrown at them and all, theyre pretty thick, just not that thick. but sure its over and done with now...lets just wait around for til the next one.

Nah, I'm not comparing them to Nazis... just saying that you could pretty much predict that the response to a bunch of Orangemen marching up O'Connell Street would be about the same as a bunch of Germans marching through Trafalgar Square with swastikas...

<sighs> Why can't everyone just get along, eh?

SG

the day when politians stop playing us off each other we'll all get along...so never

all we are saying is give peace a chance *sings*

Old Days! The wild geese are flighting,

Head to the storm as they faced it before!

For where there are Irish there's bound to be fighting,

And when there's no fighting, it's Ireland no more!

And the Irish move to the sound of the guns

Like salmon to the sea.

Old Days! The wild geese are ranging,

For where there are Irish their hearts are unchanging,

And when they are changed, it is Ireland no more!

Old Days! The wild geese are flighting,

For where there are Irish there's loving and fighting,

And when we stop either, it's Ireland no more!

Rudyard Kipling

:huh::unsure:;)

I know theres been one or two riots at GnR concerts guess this will prepare me if it happens again :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4754084.stm

4 riots actually, St. Louis,Montreal,Vancouver and Philly.

Wow a riot even before the concert date.

:rofl-lol:

Man this is gonna be one mother of a tour. GnR tours need a good riot or 2