Axl chose the right guys to become Guns N' Roses!

W. Axl Kev

I think what most people are relieved about is that new demos show that the band is operating at a high level, high to take on the gnr backcatalog and not be an embarrassment to the GNR name. They are doing the name proud. That's all they can do.

Ok I'll keep this short and to the point. I think Axl has chosen the right guys at the right time to make his masterpiece. From the new demos you can hear what they bring to this new era of Guns N' Roses. As the new band it is clear that they have something great going on and I cannot wait to hear Chinese Democracy. The current members deserve a lot of credit for the amount of work they put into this and let's hope they get it!

Any thoughts?

I don't feel buckets stuff

All they have on their record is a failed tour and unfulfilled promises of a new album. Until the album is actually released and they are able to put on anything resembling a successful tour, they'll be a pale imitation of the original guys.

:D Agreed

Same here!!

agreed :)

Agreed too :)

Grimo.

Here's what I think, breaking them down by instruments:

1. Drums - pretty good by rock n roll standards, but I would have prefered to hear some new types of rythms. NIN's With Teeth untraditionals rythms or Radioheads Kid A album rythms comes to mind. (note: I'm talking about rythms & beats not sound).

2. Bass - here's where I think the band is lacking. The bass is nothing more than providing foundations for rythm, unlike Duff's bass lines where you hooks & melodies can be heard.

3. Rythm Guitars - pretty standard too. I would have preferred chords that moved more, like Izzy's and Keith Richard's. The standard-one-key rythms reminds me more of Metal bands like Metallica or Megadeth.

4. Solo Guitars - pretty cool but every line is rehashes of all other rock bands' solo tunes based on blues. I would have preferred to hear new tunes & hooks.

All they have on their record is a failed tour and unfulfilled promises of a new album. Until the album is actually released and they are able to put on anything resembling a successful tour, they'll be a pale imitation of the original guys.

Agree NOT! The original lineup doesn´t exist because Axl wanted to move on, to do something different. It has NEVER been his intention to BE the original lineup. In other wise, the original lineup would probably still exist.. And we would have some VR songs with Axls vocals on..

Personally I prefer Axls new stuff we´ve heard so far..

I don't think it's the new guys fault that the tour didn't work or that the album is not out...I doubt they have a lot of control in either area.

I also don't think they are trying to be the old Guns, I think everyone is on board with going in a new direction and from the latest leaks it looks like they have found a path of their own to follow. (Better is amzing!)

I don't like Buckets style of guitar playing usually but with the three latest tracks I find that it fits in very well. (Still wondering who will pull that stuff off live now)

rock3

Any thoughts?

Nope.

It's always nice to get an insightful post like that. Aside from trying to boost your count what else did you have in mind? Proof that you are an idiot?

Please note in my first post I made it clear that I was talking about current members. NOT Buckethead. He is gone and I consider it a good thing.

Takeshi: Obviously they are going to be a shadow of the former Guns if you take that perspective over them. It's people like yourself and all those who agreed with you that wont give these guys a chance because you wont let them step out of the former band's shadow. A failed tour? No argument. But that was probably out of their hands. They have put up with Axl as long as they have, they've worked hard and the new material sounds great. All I am saying is that they sound promising and I look forward to hearing their work on Chinese Democracy.

Can I get an Amena!?

I wonder what the current line-up Gun N' Roses still is? I find it very odd that an official announcement hasn't been made considering that concert dates have already been scheduled.

This would be a first for Guns N' Roses if they make it to the concerts following RIR. They couldn't do it in 1991 or 2001.

I wonder what the current line-up Gun N' Roses still is? I find it very odd that an official announcement hasn't been made considering that concert dates have already been scheduled.

This would be a first for Guns N' Roses if they make it to the concerts following RIR. They couldn't do it in 1991 or 2001.

Man, fully agree. people keep saying that they are going to wait and release news at the new live dates but hell I would expect the new guitar player (if there is one) to be introduce to the public before a big show :confused:

I like the new music ok and think the cd will be really good. That being said, I doubt that it will come anywhere near being as good as Appetite. That's ok, hell I don't think any album is as good as Appetite. As far as the new guns go, I would respect them a lot more if they would stop being pussies about speaking about the album. The only one who knows what is going on is Axl and that isn't fair for the other guys, they do whatever he says it sounds like. To be honest with you, this reminds me of Vince Neil's cover band that he would go around touring with playing all of the old Motley Crue songs. It was great and all, but it pailed in comparison to the real thing. These guys are really talented, but until they take the Guns N Roses name as their own and embrace it, they will be nothing more than a cover band with Axl doing lead vocals. The only person who has any say in the band is Axl. You guys must feel the same way I do right? When you think of Guns n Roses the only person you think of is Axl right? These guys have been given an awesome opportunity to really make a name for themselves and be Guns but they aren't doing it as of now.

<_<

Ok I'll keep this short and to the point. I think Axl has chosen the right guys at the right time to make his masterpiece. From the new demos you can hear what they bring to this new era of Guns N' Roses. As the new band it is clear that they have something great going on and I cannot wait to hear Chinese Democracy. The current members deserve a lot of credit for the amount of work they put into this and let's hope they get it!

Any thoughts?

right can some1 out there help us me and my friends want to go to dublin to c guns and roses some say it will be axl some say its not but its slash etc can any1 tell us who will be there please

:unsure:

STOP POSTING IN TXT n00b