No Talk being changes?

SaskGunner

Merck Mercuriadis, Rose's manager, declined requests for comment on multiple questions regarding the band's forthcoming activities, including its current lineup, the festival appearances and the status of Chinese Democracy, saying only that the Sanctuary Group will "be issuing a press release in due course." http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1524776/2...?headlines=true

We arnt hearing any news on the lineup.. maybe some changes are being made to support that slash theory.. yeah I know seems unlikely. Could be nothing, could be something. We've learned with no talking alot of things happen as we've seen with the progress of chinese democracy.

Merck really gets on my nerves. This guy doesn't tell the fans anything, and sometimes when he does, it's false. That being said, Axl and anyone else associated with this ordeal is also very frustrating. I'm not saying that any of these guys should spill their guts and give us every detail (like if Axl had his teeth worked on before the VMA's, :) ). But it would be nice if they could at least update us every few months and keep us somewhat informed on the state of this band. Gn'r and Axl are so lucky that their music is so incredible, because most fans of other mediocre bands would never put up with this for this long.

Merck really gets on my nerves. This guy doesn't tell the fans anything, and sometimes when he does, it's false.. .

Merck has always been honest with us. He has never lied.

As for further details, I'm guessing he wants to announce the album release, tour and other details all at the same time - and to everyone at the same time.

Merck really gets on my nerves. This guy doesn't tell the fans anything, and sometimes when he does, it's false.. .

As for further details, I'm guessing he wants to announce the album release, tour and other details all at the same time - and to everyone at the same time.

2005 is the year of gnr?.

2005 is the year of gnr?.

I believe at the time Merck made that statement, it was all systems go for 2005 being the year of GNR. BUT, something altered that. We don't know what altered it but oh well.

Things change all the time in GNR land. But I don't think people should blame Merck.

ignore the "2005 is the year of gnr" thing. he didn't lie, he had all intentions of making 2005 the year of gnr. things happen. slash rejoining? who knows. maybe the plan was to have the album out in november

No, he said "2005 will be the year..." but nothing about November! If the plan was 2005 (any month) he told us that and a year and two months after he keep us the die fuckin' hard fans on the shadows! He should respect us and at least apologies for what he said in the past. He won't, the guy don't give a fuck and his company his a joke.

Well, we know Fortus is in the band, so I'm happy. If Brain's in there too, I'll be very happy. Finck is cool, so I hope he stays, and, well... Axl wouldn't screw over Dizzy and Tommy after all the hard work and the decade of their lives they've invested in the new album. I'm sure the current line-up is secure; the only question is who's going to be playing lead guitar...

SG

Merck wont know whats goin on. Dont read too much into it, when Axl is ready to do somethin, he'll send Merck a statement to release or somethin like that. I think Merck knows better than to chase Axl around and ask whats goinn on all the time.

Grimo.

This Merck guy is a douchebag. Everytime he reports something it's to diffuse a situation or deny/or not answer information that has already been released and made public. He never give us/anyone information before other sources.

Why this board supports him I'll never understand (yes I understand the whole legality of posting songs etc). But not posting lyrics or links. Fuck him. Give us something-anyhing tangible then.

It's to the point where I really hope the whole CD does leak. It definitely will before it hits the streets for the public to buy with advance copies promo copies as well as test pressings. I'll buy the CD(probably more than 1 copy), but if there is no news from Axl or Merck on release dates or other info or what to expect, of course we're all going to track down the leaks and enjoy them while we can. If Axl has the balls to publicly play this music in clubs then he better accept the consequences that others can capture/copy the music and send it out.

And as far as this forum goes, it's total bullshit most of the time. I don't see any moderator stopping people from posting copyrighted pictures, articles, or lyrics from other discs/artists. All we're doing is helping to generate buzz for the release by sharing the music and files related to them. Axl has been a cocktease to us all these past 4 years. If he stayed in his hole I would understand not wanting to spread the leaks, but he's performing them, playing concerts, and promoting it in public when he is actually seen.

This forum started out as a pretty cool place years ago, but this siding with the "management" and not the fans is the last straw. This board has sold us- the loyal fans through thin (there has been no thick- out. Get out of Mercs ass and be the pillar and source of information that you could be. Post links and lyrics (I respect not hosting the file directly on the site) At times it was fun, but if this is the way it is going to be, then there are better sites/forums to get info from.

G N' R is by far the worst band for updates and communications with their fans. I have local garage bands with a better communication/support system to get info out. How long has it been since the official website had ANYTHING on it? They could just higher a hands on web master and keep fans a lot happier by adding some online content. Hell, throw out a couple old live tracks on the site, release a couple diary type statements etc...would give us something new to talk about and only strengthen the hard core fan community. Instead, we end up with 16 page threads over 9 seconds of leaked material or conversations about butt pimples.

You are right, if the band didn't have such amazing music, nobody would have stuck around a decade waiting for something. Want to compare with a band with less album sales that treated the fans the same? look at the SISTERS of MERCY..... I think they haven't releleased an album in about a decade either, web site sucks etc...hardly anyone in the states remembers them anymore. (Too bad, one of my Favs)

Oh well...love G'nR- but yea, including hard core fans in some communication once in a while would be a cool thing.

Edited by mcalldp

This Merck guy is a douchebag. Everytime he reports something it's to diffuse a situation or deny/or not answer information that has already been released and made public. He never give us/anyone information before other sources.

Why this board supports him I'll never understand (yes I understand the whole legality of posting songs etc). But not posting lyrics or links. Fuck him. Give us something-anyhing tangible then.

It's to the point where I really hope the whole CD does leak. It definitely will before it hits the streets for the public to buy with advance copies promo copies as well as test pressings. I'll buy the CD(probably more than 1 copy), but if there is no news from Axl or Merck on release dates or other info or what to expect, of course we're all going to track down the leaks and enjoy them while we can. If Axl has the balls to publicly play this music in clubs then he better accept the consequences that others can capture/copy the music and send it out.

And as far as this forum goes, it's total bullshit most of the time. I don't see any moderator stopping people from posting copyrighted pictures, articles, or lyrics from other discs/artists. All we're doing is helping to generate buzz for the release by sharing the music and files related to them. Axl has been a cocktease to us all these past 4 years. If he stayed in his hole I would understand not wanting to spread the leaks, but he's performing them, playing concerts, and promoting it in public when he is actually seen.

This forum started out as a pretty cool place years ago, but this siding with the "management" and not the fans is the last straw. This board has sold us- the loyal fans through thin (there has been no thick- out. Get out of Mercs ass and be the pillar and source of information that you could be. Post links and lyrics (I respect not hosting the file directly on the site) At times it was fun, but if this is the way it is going to be, then there are better sites/forums to get info from.

Last time i checked this was myGNRforum.com not myotherbandforum.com...