GNR at Dublin RDS, Friday 9th June 2006 Discussion thread.

gunnai

I'm getting my tickets for the RDS gig tomorrow (WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!), but it says in bid red print on the ticketmaster site " :: Under 18's Must Be Accompanied by Person 21+ - ID Will Be Required!! ::".

My brother's only 16 and he really wants to go, I'm only 19 so obviously the over 21 thing is a problem. Do they actually enforce these rules or is it bull shit???

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting my tickets for the RDS gig tomorrow (WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!), but it says in bid red print on the ticketmaster site " :: Under 18's Must Be Accompanied by Person 21+ - ID Will Be Required!! ::".

My brother's only 16 and he really wants to go, I'm only 19 so obviously the over 21 thing is a problem. Do they actually enforce these rules or is it bull shit???

it's real simple....at the day.....when your almost there, standing in line.... ask a few fellow guns fans to help you....saying they are with you.....problem solved

it's real simple....at the day.....when your almost there, standing in line.... ask a few fellow guns fans to help you....saying they are with you.....problem solved

Excellent! I can't believe I didn't think of it, I'm officially an idiot. Thanks though, can't wait to have those tickets in my hand!

gunnai,

I have a close friend in Dublin, she is getting her tickets now too. You are both lucky to be close to such an event, wish I could join you all. Funny thing, 2 months ago she was not an FOA. (Friend Of Axl) Said "I always didn't like them". Then I played Maddy for her, video's of him live in 02, some key tracks the radio didn't play, and now she's hooked!

I call it my "Create-a-Fan" program. Have a great time!!!

WTF!?! :anger: WHY!?

well my mates mum might be going, shes a big fan, got a afd tatt and all, perhaps she can get us in then

but why? ive been to concerts and it hasnt been a problem, i think just sometimes theres an age limit for standing which is 16

gunnai,

I have a close friend in Dublin, she is getting her tickets now too. You are both lucky to be close to such an event, wish I could join you all. Funny thing, 2 months ago she was not an FOA. (Friend Of Axl) Said "I always didn't like them". Then I played Maddy for her, video's of him live in 02, some key tracks the radio didn't play, and now she's hooked!

I call it my "Create-a-Fan" program. Have a great time!!!

I know I will, thanks, I know it's gonna be amazing!

well hopefully goin with one of my m8s, were bopth over 21 so no worries just pm me, im 90% sure im going.

Yeah I might take you up on that too, cheers.

well hopefully goin with one of my m8s, were bopth over 21 so no worries just pm me, im 90% sure im going.

Woah... I thought the tickets weren't on sale till tomorrow morning? How fast are they likely to sell out? I mean, what's the capacity of the venue?

SG

They're out tomorrow but there's some info on ticketmaster's site. There's different parts to the RDS, I'm not sure which part GN'R are playing in, but there's som info here.

Here's the general info for the concert: click, there's a seating plan on there somewhere.

Edited by gunnai

Alty, will you do me a huge favor? Take me a ton of Axl pictures.

hell yea i will, front row! rock3

dont think he'll jump into the crowd and thump me do ye :unsure:

not that id mind, thatd be legend!!! how many people can say they got punched in the face by axl rose B) or well....yea

so if axls reading this, please jump into the crowd and punch the red headed girl a misfits tshirt, most likely, in the face, thanks :heart:

You won't have any sort of trouble, I've never had and do you really think they'll check the id of thousands of people?

Anyway, I can't wait getting my tickets tomorrow also, its gonna rock, hope the new support will be good.

i'm only 16 and i'm goin alone so i'm fucked :(

but they said the same when i was goin to maiden and i got in no problem

You're not fucked at all. Just ask a couple of older-looking people in the line to vouch for you. It's a rock show - nobody will mind doing it for you. Then when you're inside, just say thanks and off you go.

Well I've got a problem aswell - tickets go on sale at 9.00am tomorrow(Saturday) and I'm getting two but getting across from Middlesbrough to Dublin isnt going to be as straight forward as I thought.

No flights out of Newcastle Airport DIRECT to Dublin. You have to go to Heathrow then Dublin and thats just fucking stupid. It would be about an hour and a bit from Newcastle going west across to Ireland, instead you're expected to travel an hour SOUTH, then an hour NORTH WEST to get to Dublin and changing? christ I'm hardly travelling across the world. The Ferry is also a pain in the arse!

No problen man,Ryanair fly Dublin-Newcastle..........

General Rules:No cameras, video cameras or recording devices.

i guess i wont be taking pictures then :huh:<_<

What're they going to do? Take cameraphones off 40,000 people? Anyway, it's 8:30 now, tix go on sale in 30 minutes, and there's no bloody phone queue! I have to just ring in at 9am and hope for the best...

I'm very tense and worried now...

SG

General Rules:No cameras, video cameras or recording devices.

i guess i wont be taking pictures then :huh:<_<

I'm very tense and worried now...

SG

Your not the only one... Are you from Ireland?

Yah this camera business im debating whether to just take it anyways, as 11dayempire said they cant check us all and take our phones off us can they? B)