GNR at Dublin RDS, Friday 9th June 2006 Discussion thread.

gunnai

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those that want to take a camera I suggest that you tap it to the inside of your leg or something, because I've done it before and I haven't been caught. Then again, I've only done it at one venue where they made you empty your pockets and pull your shirt back.

C.W.K.

Just thought itd be a good idea to keep all discussion relating to each gig on individual threads, keeps it simple for us.

No need for loads of threads regarding the same concert!

ROLE ON JUNE 9TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And,,,,,discuss!!!!

ive noticed theres been a few questions about the venue on other threads regarding this gig, if anyone has seen a concert there in recent years would be nice to no a bit more about it!

Edited by UK SUBS

^^ thats my plan :blink: great minds think alike right? or is it fools never differ..... fuck now theyll check are legs wont they, if someone reads this :( ill just say ill do them for sexual harassment if they check my legs :lol:

Would that work?

They cant bodysearch everyone surely :unsure:

hmm buy a disposable, better losing a tenner on that than a normal 40 quid camera or whatever they cost

But the pics r shite on them :(

I know what your saying thou fuck i dont know

Guest AxlRox
I have standing bought on sat, didnt think there was much seating available.

Ya did you see the layout thing? It looked small alright.

on the website it says it can hold from 5 - 50,000 if need be!

more description:

Few venues can compete with the unique atmosphere of the RDS for both open air and indoor entertainment.

With complete flexibility in stage and seating layout and excellent acoustics, the RDS has played host to a variety of live events including some of the biggest names in rock, pop and classical music.

With Dublin as the recognised core of the Irish entertainment industry and with an audience of over 4 million within 3 hours of the complex it is easy to see why the RDS is so popular with both promoters and stars alike.

Having staged acts including U2, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Bee Gees, Luciano Pavarotti, Andre Bocelli and two Eurovision Song Contests, our Management Team has the expertise and knowledge to make your event a resounding success. Major dance shows have also taken place here with Michael Flatley and the Kirov Ballet.

The RDS has four main facilities: the Concert Hall with seating for up to 900, the Main Hall with a capacity of between 3,000 and 5,000 depending on seating arrangements, Simmonscourt Pavilion which seats up to 7,000 spectators and the RDS Stadium with a capacity of over 35,000.

There are no limits to what can be staged in the RDS situated in the heart of Ireland's entertainment and cultural capital.

BRING IT ON!

Edited by bangit

weve an english fella, a dutch guy, and an italian and only one Irish lad in a topic about GNR in Dublin

I just thought id help even out the numbers! :D

yeah the RDS is a great venue I remember gettin the lard kicked out me there at a motorhead show (mosh pit + youth + strange tasting cider = idiot) a few years back, tis also the locale were i do my collage exams, this gig should change the vibe there for next summers exams! rock3

Edited by Mr Estranged

for anyone in the uk that likes to go to festivals chancer are you have came across efestivals.co.uk always seems to have information before anyone , anyway the guy who runs the site Neil has said as far as he knows Motley Crue are playing Guns n Roses and will be announced again i sent him mail and he got back to me ....................

as far as I'm aware they're playing - they 100% certainly agreed to play (and the 'withdrawal' message implies that they never did agree, so it's bullshit). peace neil