GNR at Dublin RDS, Friday 9th June 2006 Discussion thread.

gunnai

Thats great for the people that are going there...

To the RIR I have Xutos e Ponatapes and some two other unknown bands... Xutos is awsome and we will see about the others...

Montley Crue are an awsome supporting act also...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weve an english fella, a dutch guy, and an italian and only one Irish lad in a topic about GNR in Dublin

I just thought id help even out the numbers! :D

yeah the RDS is a great venue I remember gettin the lard kicked out me there at a motorhead show (mosh pit + youth + strange tasting cider = idiot) a few years back, tis also the locale were i do my collage exams, this gig should change the vibe there for next summers exams! rock3

Yeah, and a scottish dude or two. P.S about dublin being the happiest place on earth, i've heard that it can get pretty depressing there when Celtic lose :rofl-lol: 'Mon the Rangers!

To the RIR I have Xutos e Ponatapes and some two other unknown bands... Xutos is awsome and we will see about the others...

Uhh.. Sorry to mention the Crue are anything but an opening act. Their tour was in the top 5 of ticket sales in the year 2005. The Crue's comeback tour kicked the GnR 02 stint out of the water and over the moutains. Dont let your love of GnR make you post dumb comments like the Crus are a good supporting act..

Uhh.. Sorry to mention the Crue are anything but an opening act. Their tour was in the top 5 of ticket sales in the year 2005. The Crue's comeback tour kicked the GnR 02 stint out of the water and over the moutains. Dont let your love of GnR make you post dumb comments like the Crus are a good supporting act..

I thought they we're 9th in 2005?

Also, they have something to promote, had all it's original members, and had some promotion.

GnR had nothing to promote (Axl himself said that CD wouldn't be done for awhile), 1 of it's ORIGINAL members (Dizzy isn't from the first lineup) and their only promotion was a performance on MTV.

Edited by GooseKiller

I thought their we're 9th in 2005?

Also, they have something to promote, had all it's original members, and had some promotion.

GnR had nothing to promote (Axl himself said that CD wouldn't be done for awhile), 1 of it's ORIGINAL members (Dizzy isn't from the first lineup) and their only promotion was a performance on MTV.

Was it 9? Last time I had checked they were at the five spot. Yeah I understand all that with Axl and Co. but The Crue is not an opening act.. ESPECIALLY to this version of GnR.

weve an english fella, a dutch guy, and an italian and only one Irish lad in a topic about GNR in Dublin

I just thought id help even out the numbers! :D

yeah the RDS is a great venue I remember gettin the lard kicked out me there at a motorhead show (mosh pit + youth + strange tasting cider = idiot) a few years back, tis also the locale were i do my collage exams, this gig should change the vibe there for next summers exams! rock3

hey man that gig was in the indoor arena if memory serves me correctly and the outdoor venue is pretty big if its the same layout ive seen for both metallica and maiden id say maybe 35 to 40,000 cant feckin wait for this gig!!

I thought their we're 9th in 2005?

Was it 9? Last time I had checked they were at the five spot. Yeah I understand all that with Axl and Co. but The Crue is not an opening act.. ESPECIALLY to this version of GnR.

I agree, and I doubted that the Crue would actually go through with the gig...

I mean, if the original GnR reunited...then maybe the Crue would open...

Another scottish guy here going with about 10 other scots! graeme get it up ya mon the Hoops!! haha joking man

p.s dont think ticket sales are going well at all to be honest if you go to www.ticketmaster.ie you can buy as much tickets as you want for any area i just tried to buy 8 of each and got right through! obv i didnt buy i have tickets already just wanted to see if i could get more and i could have got seats and standing as much as i wanted

motley may still be playing i got told by a very reliable source!! if anyone here goes to efestivals.co.uk great website they always get who is playing where first i dont know how they do it but guy who runs it is called Neil says as far as he is aware Motley crue are still playing dublin and will be announced again well so he says

Guest AxlRox
second time.. Is it easy to get a photocamera in???

They can't take your phone off you..... can they? :unsure:

Edited by AxlRox

bachelors walk is right beside o'connell street the very centre of dublin city its about a 10 minute taxi trip to the gig less depending on traffic and as far as im aware metallica is moving slowly as always but usually a week before the show it sells out as do all metal gig this big in ireland

Guest AxlRox
i dunno if its been said but the day gnr are playin robbie williams and the eagles are also playin so all the hotels will be crammed and im sure dublin will be great craic that day....cant wait!!

Ahhhh i see. That explains ALOT.