A.F.D. re-recordings question

MarcelJ

Yes, this is correct. I'd love to hear this version.

I'm sure this is nothing new, but it's new to me. What was the reasoning for replacing two of the tracks?

Axl thinks You're Crazy and Anything Goes are weak tracks, and wanted to replace them with the other 2 since they were gearing up to play them live anyway.

Not sure about Patience, but YCBM was written during the same kinda time as AFD, so it probably makes sense to throw it on there as it was a very AFD style track. Also IMO, which I'm sure has had no bearing on Axl what so ever, it pretty much completes AFD as untouchable. It's also something that they reworked half decently with synths etc...

I'd give my right arm to hear the re-recorded versions, esp after hearing how good Captain A sounds on the demos. Also, imagine that Buckehead solo on Nightrain layed down on CD.

Not sure about Patience, but YCBM was written during the same kinda time as AFD, so it probably makes sense to throw it on there as it was a very AFD style track. Also IMO, which I'm sure has had no bearing on Axl what so ever, it pretty much completes AFD as untouchable. It's also something that they reworked half decently with synths etc...

I'd give my right arm to hear the re-recorded versions, esp after hearing how good Captain A sounds on the demos. Also, imagine that Buckehead solo on Nightrain layed down on CD.

You're Crazy & Anything Goes wern't recorded because they wern't going to play them live. AFD was re-recorded for rehearsal purposes. No point recording the tunes if you're never going to play them.

Patience & YCBM were going to be played - so they were slotted in instead.

R.

There's a lot of misconception around the re-recorded AFD; it was done, IIRC, specifically for the band to familiarise themselves with the songs for live performance, and the actual recording was done almost as an afterthought.

Also, Buckethead wasn't involved at that point. I think it was something similar to the Oh My God-era GN'R; Axl, Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, Tommy Stinson and Robin Finck.

Still love to hear it though - though I doubt it'll ever see the light of day (particularly since it's not the current band playing it).

SG

In early 1999 the re-recorded AFD was rumoured to be released later that year as a taster/stop-gap before CD. That later turned out to be Live Era instead. My guess if that Slash/Duff blocked Axl from releasing it and a Live album was seen as a comprimise. Shame that re-recorded version of Jungle was blocked for the Black Hawk Down soundtrack too.

I'm working on a live bootleg from AFD by the new guns, so I needed to know...

does anybody know if it's done before?

it'll be done in a few days, and it kicks serious ass....

the soundbords by the new guns are only bosten pittsburg and rio right? thats what I've used so far

the soundbords by the new guns are only bosten pittsburg and rio right? thats what I've used so far

There's a bunch of stuff from Axl's in-ear monitor from Osaka, too. Probably the mix is a bit off, but if you're feeling clever you could add some depth by mixing in the audio from the crowd recording...

SG

I wanna hear this when you're done!

In early 1999 the re-recorded AFD was rumoured to be released later that year as a taster/stop-gap before CD. That later turned out to be Live Era instead. My guess if that Slash/Duff blocked Axl from releasing it and a Live album was seen as a comprimise. Shame that re-recorded version of Jungle was blocked for the Black Hawk Down soundtrack too.

\

I woulda loved to hear it, but I would be afraid how the public would react.

I know how retarded this is going to sound but i remember reading a document thingy on axl rose saying he was planning on letting some dance person to re-release A.F.D as a dance remix. *coughs* sorry im illergic to bullsh*t

rock on rock3

This might get him in really good with the club and techno scene. With songs like RHIAD, I might actually be able to visualize this.

There's a bunch of stuff from Axl's in-ear monitor from Osaka, too. Probably the mix is a bit off, but if you're feeling clever you could add some depth by mixing in the audio from the crowd recording...

Does anybody has this? I can't find it....

Axl rerecordet album so he coud make all the money from selling the rights 2 song to the movies. thats what the only reason but slash and duff put that shit to an end..thank god for that..u can not rerecord the best album ever made

Axl rerecordet album so he coud make all the money from selling the rights 2 song to the movies. thats what the only reason but slash and duff put that shit to an end..thank god for that..u can not rerecord the best album ever made

That is true..

Producers for the 'Black Hawk Down' soundtrack wanted to use Welcome to the Jungle..

Rose responded by saying that he'd let them use the song,.. only if he could re-record it with his new band..

The idea was to screw Slash and Duff out of royalty payments..

A real fucking asshole..

-Kickingthehabit