Axl is actually making classic rock music now

Guest JohnUlmer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing that has been proved is that axl needs slash, duff, izzy and steven or matt.

however vr has some suc6, slash als needs axl

do you even read what you type? :blink: if you put as much into that thought as you did typing it, its bullshit to begin with.

this is clearly a dust n bones topic. As soon as you bring Slash into it, it becomes dust n bones. Slash is gone, he's not coming back, he's doing his own thing. Most fans have moved on, but the ones who haven't are really fucking irritating.

I think that the only big thing missing is called: SLASH...

Bingo.

dont need him :rofl-lol:

Yes, the songs need Slash. I've said it before, I'll say it again; Slash & Axl can be successful on their own, but they are never better than when they are together.

Slash is obsolete and Axl has these new songs prove it.

When did having a double platinum record, successful tour, winning a grammy, and having the respect of your peers make you obsolete?

Don't get me wrong, I too would like to have Slash in GNR, but the fact is that he is not needed in the new GNR, these songs prove to me that Axl can make just as good music with or without Slash.

Bingo.

Yes, the songs need Slash. I've said it before, I'll say it again; Slash & Axl can be successful on their own, but they are never better than when they are together.

When did having a double platinum record, successful tour, winning a grammy, and having the respect of your peers make you obsolete?

Hell yeah!!! If thats being obsolete, I want to be obsolete......

Bingo.

Don't get me wrong, I too would like to have Slash in GNR, but the fact is that he is not needed in the new GNR, these songs prove to me that Axl can make just as good music with or without Slash.

I never said the music wasn't good. I like the new songs and all, but they would be killer with Slash.

And I don't think musical direction was the *only* reason Slash left in the first place.

As much as I prefer Axl to Slash, and I strongly dislike VR... Axl can't touch Slash right now. Fact of the matter is, Slash has succeeded without Axl... Axl hasn't even tried to succeed without Slash. While Slash has moved on, and made music, Axl has sat on his ass and gotten his hair braided... There is no comparison. Try putting an album out, then we can compare success.

As much as I prefer Axl to Slash, and I strongly dislike VR... Axl can't touch Slash right now. Fact of the matter is, Slash has succeeded without Axl... Axl hasn't even tried to succeed without Slash. While Slash has moved on, and made music, Axl has sat on his ass and gotten his hair braided... There is no comparison. Try putting an album out, then we can compare success.

Come on.... Do you really think VR will have half the success that Axl will have?

There can be no doubt that Axl will kick ass with these new songs. I will eat my own crap if the new GNR album will fail.

Come on.... Do you really think VR will have half the success that Axl will have?

There can be no doubt that Axl will kick ass with these new songs. I will eat my own crap if the new GNR album will fail.

VR already is successful. The GNR album won't fail either, so don't worry you won't have to be held to your words. :P

Well, I wouldn't call VR a mega-group. I am confident that Axl and his new GNR will have mega-star status.

Its true that VR were never a "mega-group", but I would not say anything about Axl and the new GNR before listening to the CD...

Anyway, based on the leaks, the new GNR seem to be great...

But the new GNR mega star status does not exist and I would put my money on the fact that they would be mega stars....

Edited by Jmm

i did see the band live

and all i thought off (expect the new songs) i really miss the persons who rock the hell out of them.

no one can play sweet child o'mine as good as slash. finck sucked on the whole intro, buckets really a waste of time to listen to.

i hope axl proves me wrong when the album comes out,

but if it sounds the same as the leaks,

i really think it won't be huge succes.

i'm sure the gnr fans will buy the album

but if the music sucks the main public will laugh at him

i did see the band live

and all i thought off (expect the new songs) i really miss the persons who rock the hell out of them.

no one can play sweet child o'mine as good as slash. finck sucked on the whole intro, buckets really a waste of time to listen to.

i hope axl proves me wrong when the album comes out,

but if it sounds the same as the leaks,

i really think it won't be huge succes.

i'm sure the gnr fans will buy the album

but if the music sucks the main public will laugh at him

I think you're wrong. Everyone I've spoken to who laughed at GNR anno 2002 absolutely loves these new songs. And they're NOT GNR fans.

Anyway, based on the leaks, the new GNR seem to be great...

and the live performances...

yep! its unfortunate most of these people didn't get to see the band in 2002. If they had, they'd of already known..

Thats true ,I wasd not there in 2002 and I only saw some parts of the 2002 gigs.... Thats why I did no refer the live performances, because I wont state something I am not sure...

Anyway I did no see the all life performances from 2002 but, from the leaks I can say they look great... But I still like the old GNR more

these leaks are good and should help GNR but when they just play the same songs over and over it gets a bit boring. take PC for example played in almost every show by old and new guns. if they bring out an album then perhaps we will get better on stage preformance and people might like the new gnr better. just an opinion and you cant bash someone for having an opinion

the new music is not comparable to anything axl has done before

i hope the cd comes out soon

and that the music blows me away

of course i will go and seen axl again

but it's like watching acdc without angus

or gnr without axl (=vr)

you miss the real deal