Why the leaks came now and not 2 years ago

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

I know there are a few haters in the forum - and that's OK. Hate away.

But seriously folks, I think Axl knew that we could not handle getting 13-15 new songs like this at once. F*ck, I probably would have had to take a week off of work, just to get through them all.

So instead of blowing our minds, he's giving them to us a few at a time.

Think about it. None of these songs are just typical paint-by-number songs. They start off catchy, but then take some time to digest. Once digested . . . the only conclusion possible is that they are some brilliant songs. These are songs you have to listen to more than once. Think of the latest Nickleback album - lol - from the first 5 seconds of each song you can tell exactly what the rest of the song will sound like. Can you say that about these new leaks????

No. And that is why this album is going to just BLOW PEOPLE away.

TWAT - the more I listen, the more I love it.

Catcher In The Rye - the more I listen, the more I love it.

IRS - I thought I liked the faster version at first, but the mroe I listen to the slower version - the more I love it.

BETTER - come on now. Who had ANY idea at the twists that song was going to take. This is one of my five favorite GnR songs ever. Ever. And I Love how different the song is.

These songs sound NOTHING like what we expected from Axl and Company. And I don't think I personally could have handled hearing 12-15 songs like these all at once.

And look at the old songs. I loved The Blues and Madagascar. But those songs now seem like just basic love songs.

I cannot express how happy I am with these new songs. Absolutely love them all.

I think part of the positive of all these leaks (and believe me, there's some negative too) is that it's getting people settled into the new GNR sound. This band is a different band than the old one, period. We now have a sample of the kind of sounds we can expect on the record and have a chance to really get into Axl's new style. For the casual fans, it erases all thoughts of another Appetite or 100% industrial stuff like OMG. When the album does finally drop, it won't take nearly as long to get into and settle into the new sound and style as it would without some of these leaks.

Guest Apollo
HAS A FULL CITR LEAKED?

GREAT POST!

Thanks.

Ya it has. It's f*cking awesome.

Unlike any of the other leaks.

Mellow song, totally influenced by Queen, Beatles and Elton John. You can easily imagine John Lennon or Elton or F Mercury singing it.

Just like IRS, Better and TWAT . . . I can't even think of another Guns song to compare it to. It sounds like nothing they've released before.

Indeed. When I first heard Oh My God, I thought damn... This is going to be one angry, intense record.

After hearing the new songs from the live shows in 01/02, I figured that the album would be similar to the UYIs crossed with more of a Led Zeppelin feel, and more energy.

After these leaks... My mind is officially blown. Better? Can't even classify it, and it's great. TWAT? Epic, atmospheric, vivid, and heartfelt. CITR? Mellow but poppy as hell, with a strong Queen vibe.

Axl wasn't kidding when he said that these songs were coming from "all over the place," and I can't wait to hear the final versions of all of them.

It's the opposite for me.

I liked them when I first heard them, but after a week, I was pretty much disappointed.

Whoever thinks Chinese Democracy will have the same impact as AFD or UYIs are seriously disillusioned.

As a GNR fan, I wouldn't mind listening to them, but I wouldn't say the same for everybody else.

and you now why we all love GNR songs? it's only because of axl!

do you all think that if someone else would sing dont cry, november rain and all other songs it would be as good as it is? no fuckin' way!!! no matter what he sings it so powerful and amazing, his voice just kills!

I remember what tom petty said about axl when they sing FREE FALLIN', that he never thought that this song is so good... and I can give many more examples like bohemian rhapsody at wembley tribute (look at the crowd! I think I've never seen that kind of energy before!) or when he sings KOHD next to bono from U2 you can ask - who the fuck is this guy next to axl rose? he is just so weak if he sings along with him... but I can say for sure, just like anybody else would be!

so no matter who was or who is in GNR band, you can replace anybody but not axl rose, because he is guns n' roses for me. so what that matt sorum is the best drummer and slash is the best solo player... without axl it just would be nothing, thank you

PS. sorry for my english but I had to write what I feel about it, hope you can undarstand what I meant

Edited by warebel

I know there are a few haters in the forum - and that's OK. Hate away.

But seriously folks, I think Axl knew that we could not handle getting 13-15 new songs like this at once. F*ck, I probably would have had to take a week off of work, just to get through them all.

So instead of blowing our minds, he's giving them to us a few at a time.

Think about it. None of these songs are just typical paint-by-number songs. They start off catchy, but then take some time to digest. Once digested . . . the only conclusion possible is that they are some brilliant songs. These are songs you have to listen to more than once. Think of the latest Nickleback album - lol - from the first 5 seconds of each song you can tell exactly what the rest of the song will sound like. Can you say that about these new leaks????

No. And that is why this album is going to just BLOW PEOPLE away.

TWAT - the more I listen, the more I love it.

Catcher In The Rye - the more I listen, the more I love it.

IRS - I thought I liked the faster version at first, but the mroe I listen to the slower version - the more I love it.

BETTER - come on now. Who had ANY idea at the twists that song was going to take. This is one of my five favorite GnR songs ever. Ever. And I Love how different the song is.

These songs sound NOTHING like what we expected from Axl and Company. And I don't think I personally could have handled hearing 12-15 songs like these all at once.

And look at the old songs. I loved The Blues and Madagascar. But those songs now seem like just basic love songs.

Pin this! :)

Find a nail and hit it on the head Apollo. Very well said!

Grimo.

Becouse the reson why there are leaks before a release is that people who are working on producing the disc in either printing it or whatever takes place after it leaves Axl hands.

Same as in the movie industry. the latest star wars was leaked by a sound technician or something. And that was DVD quality before the release.

So the good sign is that the CD has left the hand of Axl and are now beeing mass produced.

Just some speculation from my part. But worth noticing

As far as I know there has been leaks prior to this.

Well yeah.

But now we are getting many songs in a matter of a month.

When a song is leaked to a few person. (a few person can leak it) the risk is not that big that it will hit the mainstreak. But when say 1000 people are involved in the prosesse of getting it out there is instead of 10 a 100 times greater chance for a person who will leak it

AS discussed before these demos come in a period of Axl showing up in partys and stuff and yes it means something... A possibility is that there is already a mass production of the album but that is only a possibility...

there are two versions of IRS?

:o

Thats what I was wondering too!

True, but some of these tracks may have been copied while in mastering.

"Better" could have been.

I think CITR is from 1999.

Why 1999?

there are two versions of IRS?

:o

Thats what I was wondering too!

Me too! Has anyone else heard two versions?