Nobody knows what's really happening

Manuel

I've just listened to Pittsburg'02 "The Blues". At the end, Axl talks about the Internet and how some girl asked him something ridiculous saying she has read it on the Internet. Not a reliable source, of course. Now, what do we really know? Administrators, moderators and anyone who's involved in this, please ask some questions:

-Anyone knows anything really definitive about the release of the album, or some official press statement?

-Any source about who has leaked all these songs?

-The only song that seems to be a completed one is "Better"; the others are clearly demos. What about the ones that had connections and information? Where's Mysteron (just watching, uh?)? Where's Darknemus? Why an historic member of this forum is fired so quickly?

I'm not sure I'm enjoying all this mistery. There's a lot of confusion, threatnings, legal stuff, things that we don't know, very strange information (a Greatest Hits BEFORE Chinese Democracy? The leaders of the company must be really smoking lots of crack), these "unofficial" tour dates, more information in two months than in years; these leaks (oh god, I love them, but I'm starving to hear the REAL songs); public appearences of Axl...

Somebody can do me/us a favor? Please ask something real.

This is whwere Axl irritates me.

He prattles on and on about how he hates unreliable info getting passed around.

Yet what does he do to counteract that? Right...nothing.

I'm all for not spreading false info. But maybe he could take a more active role. And even if he doesn't, that's fine. Its his perrogative.

Just spare me how mad it makes you. Step up or shut up.

i beleive slash and think that the album should be released within the next 2 months, axl knows to many leaks are on the net and needs to release the album before everyone starts downloading whole songs, hes gunna get screwed over, thats what i beleive is going to happen, and i beleive that that is whats really happeneing right now. axls album will come out before his tour dates, watch and see

i beleive slash and think that the album should be released within the next 2 months, axl knows to many leaks are on the net and needs to release the album before everyone starts downloading whole songs, hes gunna get screwed over, thats what i beleive is going to happen, and i beleive that that is whats really happeneing right now. axls album will come out before his tour dates, watch and see

He won´t be screwed over. The leaks are demos and can´t hurt the album. Of course the official album also will leak sooner or later and that MAYBE will hurt his feelings, but hey as he said according to a guy in another thread: "It´s 2006". So filesharing is a fact of life and I don´t think it will hurt Axl or his album sales.

Edited by Lukin

If they were final tracks, which I think even has assumed they aren't - - well, in that case I'd feel bad for Axl. Seeing as they're demos, it's just a nice treat - no one is losing any money.

Plus, Axl better get some fucking killer touring in if he expects to even get CLOSE to getting a return on that 13 million investment. That's insane, really.

This album better make my head asplode when I hear it, or Axl and Geffen/Interscope wasted a shitload of money.

Thats funny, is that the 13mill was spend on 30+ tracks, which would be 2 cds, not to mention how many remixed and other stuff he could have used the 13mill for. I just want Chi Dem, sooner then later. But Axl will get my money when it does come out. I plain to buy 2 of them. Till then the "demo" leaked tracks are a nice treat.

Hopefully all the leaks and recent events and news lead to the actual release FINALLY, if the whole album leaks i'll still buy it, probably 2 copies just because its a piece of music history and perhaps the most anticpated album ever. I wish Axl would just release a statement, maybe just a sentence, through a spokesperson even, as long as it's something to clear up the mess. Either way it's only a matter of time, but the mainstream hype won't last nearly as long as the fanbase hype will about the recent leaks being on the radio and stuff. Sure GNR got a lot more publicity in the last few weeks but the general listeners who arent huge GNR fans will eventually stop giving a shit and be less likely to buy the album if it is released months after they heard the new music and had any thought of buying the album. Not that Axl will read my post and be like "hey this D bag makes sense, i should release a statement, through a spokesperson just like he said and then release the album the next day well ppl are still interested in whats going on" but either way, whether it comes out this spring or summer or not, it's gonna sell a ton of copies worldwide and probably save rock music just like GNR did in the 80's.

This is whwere Axl irritates me.

He prattles on and on about how he hates unreliable info getting passed around.

Yet what does he do to counteract that? Right...nothing.

I'm all for not spreading false info. But maybe he could take a more active role. And even if he doesn't, that's fine. Its his perrogative.

Just spare me how mad it makes you. Step up or shut up.

Yeah.. even just to confirm the tour dates would be nice.. in reality though.. we are under an illusion we will be seeing the new album soon.. but there is actually nothing to confirm this.. some leaked demos is all we have and i for one understand why people are eager to hear the new stuff as they have been starved of anything for so long.. this was always going to happen. Still.. on the flip side.. maybe its really happening and maybe this was done deliberately.. always adds to the GnR myth doesnt it.

Never mind the GNR camp - I'd like to know what's going on with the forum - I just spent - oooh - several minutes composing a thoughtful reply to a thread, to find that it had disappeared by the time I pressed the 'post' button :o - this has happened quite a lot today......

Has anyone been contacted by any anti piracy organzations yet for leaking these songs? Just curious. Last year, I was contacted by the IFPI for leaking with teeth, and was pretty damn close to being sued. If no one is really getting in trouble for leaking these songs then it leads me to believe axl and management either don't really care because they are behind it or figure it can only help.