Reply from Brain May's website

Maestro

I sent an email to Brian May's soapbox. He answers them sometimes. I asked him whether or not he played on CITR.

Jen (isn't that his wife?) replied with this (she basically denies that Brain played on the track)

Hi Ben

Brian's now gone to America for the tour.

Pretty sure that wasn't one of the titles.

I asked Brian recently and he had totally forgotten what tracks he

played on.

Best wishes

Jen

FOR SOAPBOX / BRIANMAY.COM

On 1 Mar 2006, at 17:27, Basten, B.J.H. (Ben) van wrote:

> Hello Brian,

>

> A friend of mine hooked me up with an interview from 1999-2000 in

> which

> you said that you were working as session guitarplayer on the new Guns

> N'Roses album.

>

> Recently, a song called "Catcher in the Rye" turned up on the

> internet.

> this song, according to the rumours, was recorded in the same

> period as

> your work with Axl Rose. Next, the solo and riffs are your style,

> so I was

> wondering if this is one of the songs you were working on...

>

>

> greetings,

>

> Ben van Basten

>

>

Edited by Maestro

I could see Slash forgetting what songs he played on that long ago and I could see Buckethead not being sure either due to miscommuniations with his hand puppet, but Brian May knows what songs he played on, he just doesn't want to say anything yet.

I don't know how the session stuff works... does the performer just get a fat fee and go home or do they get some intellectual property rights for their performance (if they wrote their parts)? If the latter, Brian May would be a moron for not nailing down which tracks he appeared on. I do NOT think Brian May is a moron. I DO think his wife may not have a clue at this point in time which tracks he exactly played on... I'm pretty sure he has a better idea.... for pure curiousity if nothing else.... anyone with a brain and an interest in music would want to keep tabs of which tracks on "rock's most anticipated album" they played on...

I will have the last laugh if it turns out that is Finck playing the fuckin' song. I bet that the Finck bashers are praying to it be May or Fortus. I hope it's Fortus or Finck, but if it's Finck the last laugh is mine. :P