Classical Music

Guest katie

well ive seen that movie The Pianist a couple of times, the pianist that its based on is great, Wladyslaw Szpilman, Adrien Brody(sp) does a mad piano bit in that movie, well im guessing its not actually him, but i was like: :shocked: made me wanna go back to playing piano.

that counts right? :unsure:

well ive seen that movie The Pianist a couple of times, the pianist that its based on is great, Wladyslaw Szpilman, Adrien Brody(sp) does a mad piano bit in that movie, well im guessing its not actually him, but i was like: :shocked: made me wanna go back to playing piano.

that counts right? :unsure:

I'd say that counts! And its a great movie also. Sad, but great!

i need to hunt a cd out by him, couldnt get anythin much off limewire, not many people i know with that kind of music though, and the ones that do have the more obvious, well known composers like mozart etc...

but im not opposed to a little classical, i like piano stuff mostly

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

pachalbel's cannon

Thats my favorite classical piece.

I always despised Canon, I guess it's because of the overuse.

Mozart played by Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli.

Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli was famous for the almost maniacal degree of perfection he required of his instrument during a concert. His Steinway piano preceded him everywhere he went, so it could get acclimatized, by truck, by airplane, covered by material or wool, and his favourite tuner, Cesare Augusto Tallone, followed him for years too. Once, in Japan, he cancelled a concert for which he had already been engaged, because his piano had suffered too much from the long trip to that country. The Japanese reacted in a sharp way, sequestrating his passport for a while, and fining him a considerable amount. Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli took offense, and did not hold concerts in Japan any more.

Tchaikovsky is my favourite of the seriously classical composers. :)

To go a bit more modern (60's) would be Ennio Morricone - he's written some beautiful pieces. Metallica actually used one of his songs "The Ecstasy of Gold" as the opening to some of their concerts (including the S&M one). I got into him after I heard his work on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.