Izzy on CD?

Takeshi

Axl has said that he'd been in contact with Izzy and it may be possible that they have at least rekindled their friendship. Back in the day, Axl and Izzy were an amazing songwriting team and would it be beyond the realm of possibilities that Axl could have asked Izzy to take a look at and suggest improvements for songs on CD? I'm not suggesting that Axl couldn't write the songs himself but bring Izzy into the songwriting loop would have enormous advantages for Axl.

Axl has said that he'd been in contact with Izzy and it may be possible that they have at least rekindled their friendship. Back in the day, Axl and Izzy were an amazing songwriting team and would it be beyond the realm of possibilities that Axl could have asked Izzy to take a look at and suggest improvements for songs on CD? I'm not suggesting that Axl couldn't write the songs himself but bring Izzy into the songwriting loop would have enormous advantages for Axl.

:shades:

I think that the other members of the band are possibly more useful and important to axl than someone who walked out of the band years ago. Will ye please look at GNR as a band, there are what between 7 and 8 people there, never mind what came and went that all wrote songs for that album and deserve more credit than some one who wlaked out years ago and clearly dosnt give a shit...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 2 2006, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that the other members of the band are possibly more useful and important to axl than someone who walked out of the band years ago. Will ye please look at GNR as a band, there are what between 7 and 8 people there, never mind what came and went that all wrote songs for that album and deserve more credit than some one who wlaked out years ago and clearly dosnt give a shit...

I'm sorry but until CD blows my mind away. Izzy was GNR.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 2 2006, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

silkworms blows my mind...it made me think that izzy was a second rate song writer :P

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 2 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i didnt expect you to agree with me, but at least give the other people in the band a chance. There is a lot of great people in there, legands in their own right...

o yeah, legends, brain was a star in uhh, erm, robin finck made great music with NIN, wait, trent writes all the music, hmm, richard fortus is amazing with n*Sync and brittany spears, dizzy is my idol when it comes to occasional keyboard and bongo playing!! and chris pittman, a band is incomplete without some jack ass dancing around in a cop hat doing nothing, thats why i think this band is better than the old gnr :rolleyes:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 2 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Well i didnt expect you to agree with me, but at least give the other people in the band a chance. There is a lot of great people in there, legands in their own right...

o yeah, legends, brain was a star in uhh, erm, robin finck made great music with NIN, wait, trent writes all the music, hmm, richard fortus is amazing with n*Sync and brittany spears, dizzy is my idol when it comes to occasional keyboard and bongo playing!! and chris pittman, a band is incomplete without some jack ass dancing around in a cop hat doing nothing, thats why i think this band is better than the old gnr :rolleyes:

so you only care about their "images"???

EDIT =-- Stupid quotes

Edited by Kesseli

^read my whole post, i also make fun of finck not bein albe to make shit up, i also forgot to mention he isnt that good at copying slash either and i mentioned all of dizzys amazing talents and chris pittmans as well, not many people can dance and say "ohhh" and keep in time with welcome to the jungle at the same time

^read my whole post, i also make fun of finck not bein albe to make shit up, i also forgot to mention he isnt that good at copying slash either and i mentioned all of dizzys amazing talents and chris pittmans as well, not many people can dance and say "ohhh" and keep in time with welcome to the jungle at the same time

yeah dude, cuz we all know supergroups of accomplished "legends" work just great.

cough::damn yankees::cough

The new line up is extremely talented and they all bring something special and different to the table. I think the recent demos prove that. And when CD does drop, youll have nothing to say. Period.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 2 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

If im not mistaken, Brain was with Primus, Robin Finck is a great player and preformer. Fortus is one of the most demanded session players out there (apperantly), dizzy is from GNR, never heard of pitman before GNR but lets wait and see. I notice you didnt say Buckethead, wonder why? Now, dont take this too seriously, but outside GNR, who the fuck is izzy? yep he is unknown, where as all of the above have had some kind of success on their own...

If im not mistaken, Brain was with Primus, Robin Finck is a great player and preformer. Fortus is one of the most demanded session players out there (apperantly), dizzy is from GNR, never heard of pitman before GNR but lets wait and see. I notice you didnt say Buckethead, wonder why? Now, dont take this too seriously, but outside GNR, who the fuck is izzy? yep he is unknown, where as all of the above have had some kind of success on their own...

k, robin didnt do shit in NIN, trent writes all the music and records most of it usually, i didnt mention buckethead cuz he isnt in the band, i think he's a damn good player, dizzy plays piano and that isnt the type of thing that will get u on tv, brain is good but few mainstream listeners know who primus is or even give a fuck, fortus is good but remember, session player, not exactly legend

im not denying these guys are good (well maybe finck) but my point was these guys arent legends, the only thing keepin them somewhat know is gnr, i love the new music but no one in there is a fucking legend besides axl, yet at least

Edited by trojan

I think Izzy is mad underated. Many people always say Yeah Slash was Guns.. Not so true people, Izzy was a very major component. However with the origional GNR the sum of its parts were greater than the whole.

Fotus is going to be f'n amazing and hopefully really make a name for himself with GNR and Tommy rocks too. My Fav part of the 2002 Paradice city Albany is when Axl goes Richard, totally unexpectady and he starts ripping shit up.

Don't know Brain? Go listen to some Primus, this guys awsome in his own way. Finck is mad creative but unfortunately is Sloppy and always seems to fuck up something when people are watching.

Pittman Dizzy?

I have a feeling we'll see more and more of their work as time goes on. There are lots of songs that call for two pianists classically, so we'll see what these boys can do in the world of MIDI with the new Guns. I'm hoping for some great musical layering that we can actually fully HEAR in a proper mix.

Thats what eight people can do, layers apon layers apon layers. This band is going to be like a symphony of modern day industrial rock and modernized ballads with Uncle Axl doing the conducting. You'll see.

Edited by jimb0

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 2 2006, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Then maybe you should be posting on the 'Early Days' section?..

Then maybe you should be posting on the 'Early Days' section?..

Izzy Wont be back Slash And Axl are talking

I love GNR but they won't be GNR to me until they release CD. When it literally blows my mind away I'll feel they are GNR. I love the new band, I'm just waiting for them to kick my ass the way the old band did on their cds.