Iron Maiden

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Iron Maiden-vocalists  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I gave a pity vote to Blaze... :(

I haven't heard him, is he any good?

i doubt it seeing as its a pity vote :xmassrudolph:

Well he is against stiff competition.

I gave a pity vote to Blaze... :(

I haven't heard him, is he any good?

i doubt it seeing as its a pity vote :xmassrudolph:

you got that right.

He sounded fine enough in the albums (X-Factor, Virtual XI) but his voice was really limited in range and just seemed to hit a wall.

Live he just butchered all of Bruce's Vocals.

as seen

Bruce is by far the best, hell he's one of the best vocalists ever.

Bruce sings all the Blaze songs better than Blaze did (Sign of the Cross is amazing at Rio). Though Bruce is too good for some of the Paul era songs as they were written for Paul's punkish voice. Bruce does some Paul era songs better than Paul though.

And frontman-wise, theres no comparing the other two to Bruce SCREAM FOR ME (insert city/country here)!!!!

Mr Bruce Dickinson. He has the greatest voice out of the three, is the most charismatic as a frontman, has the best sense of melody, and overall is a better writer than the others.

Di'anno was good for Maiden's early material, but it was Bruce who took them to a whole new level. His lack of energy on stage is what brings him down in my eyes.

Blaze Bayley never had the chance to be great. The older Maiden songs weren't in his vocal range, maybe if Steve had got the band to down-tune, play in a different key or whatever, then he could have had the chance. When he sang on Virtual XI and The X-Factor, his voice was the most suitable for those studio records, but not in a live environment, because of his (once again) lack of energy and faltering vocals.

Dickinson never made anything I liked as much as "Prodigal Son".

I respect his vocals tremendously, but he just isn't suited to my tastes.

I never understood how this band managed to have so many fans. :shades:

Actully, im a big maiden fan and i can't really answer that. Maybe because in the 80's there was haps of hair metal bands but Maiden were doing real metal. All their music has great melody.

They must have alot of fans, hell they were headliners over GN'R at RIR3

Maybe because in the 80's there was haps of hair metal bands but Maiden were doing real metal.

Can I play with Madness is pure pomp. He has the stereotypical medlocic rock warble that doesnt cut it with me. Perhaps thats the same lines Ohdistortedsmile is thinking along, I dont know

Maybe because in the 80's there was haps of hair metal bands but Maiden were doing real metal.

Can I play with Madness is pure pomp. He has the stereotypical medlocic rock warble that doesnt cut it with me. Perhaps thats the same lines Ohdistortedsmile is thinking along, I dont know

You would be right, his constant vibrato becomes tiresome.