thought this would be an interesting Cd to discuss

GnR lives on

I just got the monster ballads CD that did go into the stores..it's not the 2 disc collection that u will see on the web..

tracklist...

1-I remember you- Skid Row

2-Heaven- Warrant

3-Every rose has it's thorn- Poison

4- Fly to the angels- Slaughter

5- Don't know what you got (till it's gone) - Cinderella

6- When the children cry- White Lion

7- Headed for a heartbreak- Winger

8- Forever- Kiss

9- Love of a lifetime-Firehouse

10- High Enough- Damn yankees

11-Is this love- Whitesnake

12- Love song- Tesla

13- To be with you- Mr. Big

14- Don't close your eyes- Kix

15- Carrie- Europe

16- More than Words- Extreme

17- Winds of Change- Scorpions

18- Silent lucidity- queensryche

Feel free to discuss any songs

Personally i like the cd especially the last two songs.. Winds of Change and Silent Lucidity rock3

Guest zipgunboogie

i dont have it mainly because i already have 3/4 of these songs but i like

I remember you

Love song

Dont close your eye

dont know what you got

Wind of change

for my top 5

i dont have it mainly because i already have 3/4 of these songs but i like

I remember you

Love song

Dont close your eye

dont know what you got

Wind of change

for my top 5

nice... i love wind of change, silent lucidity, dont know what you got, when the children cry and heaven or to be with you.. for my top 5...

i do like all the songs u chose as well..it's a good album...

I dont think I could possibly listen to 18 power ballads in a row. I like them and all, just not all in a row like that.

These are all the songs bands like poison, extreme, scorpions are remembered for, when they have soooooo much better songs

Do I consider it an achievment that I own the studio albums that all the songs appeared on :unsure:

My Summary :-

1. I Remember You is obviously a good choice.

2. Heaven, not really sure if I'd classify this as a monster ballad, but yeah good song.

3. Every Rose Has It's Thorn, Now this song HAD to be on here, whether you like it or not.

4. Fly To The Angels, a good choice, Slaughter were and are a good band.

5. Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone) Good choice, Cinderella are one underrated hair metal band. I would have preferred "Through the Rain" on here though.

6. When The Children Cry, again I wouldn't classify it as a monster ballad, You're All I Need would have been better.

7. Headed for Heartbreak, I always liked this song, but quite alot figured it was cheesy, but that's great!

8. Forever, Kiss are a band who are cheesy, and keep it simple. This ballad is no different. (Though they have better ones)

9. Love of A Lifetime, I'm not a big Firehouse fan, and thus not such a big fan of this song, I shall have to listen to it again.

10. High Enough. Good song, it's a shame the Damn Yankees didn't last longer.

11. Is This Love, Yep you knew this or Here I Go Again would be on here didn't ya. Great stuff Mr Coverdale.

12. Love Song, Although not an imaginitive title, a good song, Tesla are one of the few still going that produce good stuff.

13. To Be With You, Mr Big are a band I wouldn't really picture in this collection. The next few songs (apart from Queensryche and Scorpions) I think are really scraping the barrell here.

14. Don't Close Your Eyes, Like I said this wasn't really a classic. Though I'm a sucker for power ballads.

15. Carrie , Hah, Europe, you know the "Final Countdown" guys, this shows they can actually do more than one good song.

16. More Than Words, this might not be liked by the fans, Gary Cherone, better (or worse actually) known for being on Van Halen 3. I like some extreme, so I don't mind this song.

17. Winds of Change, Probably the Scorpions second biggest song after 'Hurricane', Good choice, a fan favourite.

18. Silent Lucidity, Ah Queensryche, a band with the vocalist having an element of Bruce Dickinson about him. A great song to top off a Ballads collection.

I just wonder why there was no "Without You/You're All I Need/Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue. and no November Rain by GNR.

15. Carrie , Hah, Europe, you know the "Final Countdown" guys, this shows they can actually do more than one good song.

Yeah. Europe had some amazing songs that werent the final countdown. I especially like Stormwind and Ready or not.

Yeah. Europe had some amazing songs that werent the final countdown. I especially like Stormwind and Ready or not.

You got the new live DVD?

It's F'n awesome.

When I showed my mate he was like "Wow....Europe actually rock"

You got the new live DVD?

It's F'n awesome.

When I showed my mate he was like "Wow....Europe actually rock"

No I havent got it, the only europe stuff ive got is the greatest hits cd.

I may look into it, I imagine some of those songs would come off really well live.