Article Trashing GN'R

neon2002

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
You people need to stop acting like a bunch of babies. Its a damn article, and the guys opinion, so get over it. :rolleyes:

What is flooding his email going to do? Not a damn thing but make Axl's fans look like a bunch of whiny idiots.

Precisely.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah
ill%20be%20seingyou.jpg

Is that a picture of how all we gnr-messageboard-browsers look right now all over the world? :rofl-lol:

And, nah, bombing one mans e-mail for his opinions...=/ no.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I know the guy is entitled to his opinion and doesn't deserve to get his inbox flooded (barely), but his opinion is a fuckin' joke. It's obvious he has some sort of a vendetta against Axl and GN'R, that's clearly the main reason he even wrote the article. And calling GN'R a mediocre band is pretty funny considering that pretty much all impartial critics (which he is clearly not), and GN'R's peers, consider them to be among the very best hard rock bands ever.

And who cares about this jerk´s opinion?

Dudes, get over it, Axl has always been bashed by the media and this article is not an exception. What are we going to get by attacking this dick? Do you think he gives a fuck about the fans´ opinions?

Unfortunately we´ll probably read more bashing articles :angry: but I´m sure the good and supporting articles will surface and will make forget and ignore the bad ones. Axl is Axl, you love him or you don´t, no middle.

Calm down, step by step the music is doing/will do the talking... B)

it is lame to try to harm someone (or their computer) because they say something you disagree with. give me a break!

you are probably the type who throws pies at political speakers you disagree with.

lame.

Here is this tools email address, lets crash his email by all emailing him now:

mike.bell@calgarysun.com

Here is the link for the article:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/03/04/1473007.html

Opinion: Making Axl matter again

By MIKE BELL -- Calgary Sun

The job description of publicist has changed a great deal over the past few years.

Back in the day, it merely required you to get your client seen with all of the right people and featured in all of the right magazines.

Or, on the damage control side of things, to issue a statement offering a plausible explanation/excuse on behalf of the client such as "Mr. Arbuckle was merely making a toast when things went horribly awry" or "While Mr. Gere would love to attend your sit-down function, he regrets he will have to decline in order to care for his family pets."

And the worst- case scenario, hammering the teeth out, blowtorching the finger prints and disposing of the body.

These days, though, celebrity, itself, has evolved from merely doing or accomplishing something that is inspiring to others, to accomplishing nothing but presenting to the public the minutia of your life to obsess over, such as getting out of bed, buying a coffee at Starbucks or being totally, unequivocally heterosexual. Really.

Managing that minutia -- planning it, planting it, pimping it or publicly denying it -- is the new job of the publicist.

But how to make a splash for your client -- to get the people to care about your client's flip flops, weight loss or genuine affection (no, seriously) for the opposite sex -- is what sets the Lohan's apart from the ... well, somebody not nearly as trendy, skinny or promiscuous as her.

Actually Lindsay Lohan's person or, more likely people (a team of 23 genetically created individuals working around the clock) are pioneers in the world of PR -- from the feuds to the sluttiness to the familial car-wreck to the lost diary to the anorexia to the "exhaustion" to the car show nipple slip, there is nothing too shameless in their world and for the good of their client.

Which makes it seem likely those same people have now set their skills on the once dormant career of Axl Rose.

Long the punchline to the old rock 'n' roll joke -- "How many jerks does it take to make a mediocre bar band famous and then break up that band when they're really popular and then get new musicians and call them the name of that old band and then take 10 years and an estimated $15 million to record a new album that will probably stink bad?" (I never said it was a good joke) -- Rose now sits on the most anticipated thing since the second coming of Christ (you probably missed it because that day Brangelina was spotted in a mall -- with the kids!!!)

Five songs reportedly from Chinese Democracy (I.R.S., There Was A Time, The Blues, Catcher In the Rye and Better) have already been "leaked" on the Internet and to radio stations, with all of the right reactions from the Rose camp such as cease and desist orders and the proper amount of "outrage" and "shock."

Uh huh. They really, really hate people talking about an album that, as of now, doesn't even have a release date.

Their client has been irrevocably damaged by the release of songs, which, despite sounding as dated and indulgent as the most bloated GNR song at the apex of their crapaciousness, have fuelled anticipation from fans and non-fans alike who acknowledge the blackhole of sucktitude this music represents but still can't wait to hear the rest of it to determine the full extent of its bowel-moving odiferousness.

Even I, after sitting through these songs and feeling the full wave of nausea sear through to the very core of my being, returning lunch back above ground and causing me to question the existence of a kind and merciful creator, even I want to hear the rest of the album.

Now, maybe, maybe these really are leaks.

But more likely it's the diabolical work of people who know what they're doing -- geniuses in the field of publicity.

And if that's the case, then I don't think it's a stretch to predict before the month is over --ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mrs. Lindsay Rose.

May I be the first to toast the bride.

QUICK HITS:

Speaking of publicists, if Scott Stapp leaked his sex video with Kid Rock in order to kickstart his stalling solo career -- as Rock seemed to suggest -- he may want to stop taking advice from Fred Durst ... Is it me, or did Avril Lavigne look and sound fantastic at the Olympics closing ceremony? She done growed up good ... Don't get your hopes up on a Madonna show in Calgary. The only reported Canadian show is a date in T.O. ... Finally, adding insult to injury, Sheryl Crow was apparently getting set to announce a Canadian tour before she had to undergo surgery for breast cancer. Here's wishing her a speedy recovery in hopes we'll see her soon.

You people need to stop acting like a bunch of babies. Its a damn article, and the guys opinion, so get over it. :rolleyes:

What is flooding his email going to do? Not a damn thing but make Axl's fans look like a bunch of whiny idiots.

Agreed..

I've said it before, and I'll say it again..

All of you embarrass yourselves..

-Kickingthehabit

Dont flood his email just let the record sales (whenever it comes) shut him up cuz its gonna sell way more then a lot of ppl think it will. A friend of mine who doesnt like them said "it wont sell over like 200 copies" so the non fans have really low expectations but they really dont understand how many ppl still love GNR and are willing to kick like 20 bucks to get the album, as opposed to the fall out boy fans who can only get the censored version of the cd from their pops if they get an A on their math test.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Showbiz/2006/03/05/1473450-sun.html

Talks about PR

This guy is not an Axl fan by the way.

you should do a search before you post.....this was posted last week!

In fairness to the original poster, the date attached to the article is from yesterday.

Anyway, I decided to write the author of this article back. Let me know what you think:

Hey Mike,

Just read your article concerning Axl Rose's return to the limelight. I've got to ask you though, I'm having a difficult time finding your point. Was it your intention to write a diatribe that does nothing more than illustrate your biased distain for a band loved by many, or was it just to ridicule the many of GNR/Axl's fans. 'Cause I have to tell you, if you're looking for an easy target, you've found it. Being a GNR fan, I can tell you, is not easy. So I ask you, is it really necessary to write a puff piece that clearly has little to do with factual evidence when all it does is make an already beaten fan feel less proud. Sure I could point out the fact that GNR has been acclaimed in every magazine you wish you wrote for (Spin, Rolling Stone, Blender) as being one of the best (if not the best) Hard Rock bands to come along in the last 30 years. That they were once the biggest band in the world and have never showed a creative laps. If you can't understand something, I would suggest you do some investigation first (you do work for a newspaper correct) and then proceed with your hateful comments. (The songs were leaks, they're demos - something you've made no mention of, and they were never meant to be played - hence the cease and desist requests). But if you'd like to boils down to taste, then that's fine with me. I would really like to know what bands you hold up to a shinning light with reverence and esteem. So good for you, I hope you can hold your head up high knowing that you're very proficient at kicking a group when they're down. You must feel good about yourself. Might I suggest the cancer ward at your local hospital as your next target; I'm sure they could use a similar "pep talk."

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Dude, I haven't got cancer?!

I can't be bothered to read what he wrote. Some people just arent good writers. Some people are trying to start writing so they just pump stuff out. An amateur writing about your favorite band is always gonna burn.

Talks about PR

In fairness to the original poster, the date attached to the article is from yesterday.

Anyway, I decided to write the author of this article back. Let me know what you think:

Hey Mike,

Just read your article concerning Axl Rose's return to the limelight. I've got to ask you though, I'm having a difficult time finding your point. Was it your intention to write a diatribe that does nothing more than illustrate your biased distain for a band loved by many, or was it just to ridicule the many of GNR/Axl's fans. 'Cause I have to tell you, if you're looking for an easy target, you've found it. Being a GNR fan, I can tell you, is not easy. So I ask you, is it really necessary to write a puff piece that clearly has little to do with factual evidence when all it does is make an already beaten fan feel less proud. Sure I could point out the fact that GNR has been acclaimed in every magazine you wish you wrote for (Spin, Rolling Stone, Blender) as being one of the best (if not the best) Hard Rock bands to come along in the last 30 years. That they were once the biggest band in the world and have never showed a creative laps. If you can't understand something, I would suggest you do some investigation first (you do work for a newspaper correct) and then proceed with your hateful comments. (The songs were leaks, they're demos - something you've made no mention of, and they were never meant to be played - hence the cease and desist requests). But if you'd like to boils down to taste, then that's fine with me. I would really like to know what bands you hold up to a shinning light with reverence and esteem. So good for you, I hope you can hold your head up high knowing that you're very proficient at kicking a group when they're down. You must feel good about yourself. Might I suggest the cancer ward at your local hospital as your next target; I'm sure they could use a similar "pep talk."

Cheers,

Andrew

It's a creative lapse, not laps.

Also, I believe it's called a fluff piece, not a puff piece.

Good luck with that.

Talks about PR

Hey Mike,

Cheers,

Andrew

dude thats loser talk, your a gnr fan.........don't be a loser!,

just let the guy know that.............. he can go an get fucked!

Talks about PR

Hey Mike,

Cheers,

Andrew

Loser Talk?! :blink:

A well thought out and intelligent response is.....loser talk? :huh:

Maybe he just should've wrote

Hey dude,

Your article is gay. It's like the gayest thing I've ever read. You're a hater and you suck and you probably like that emo fag shit LOLLOLLOLOL

Go fuck yourself

sincerely

GNR fan

Since us Guns N Roses fans are held in the highest regard :rolleyes: I'm sure that would've set well with his already established and biased viewpoint.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Talks about PR

Hey Mike,

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey dude,

Your article is gay. It's like the gayest thing I've ever read. You're a hater and you suck LOLLOLLOLOL

Go fuck yourself

sincerely

GNR fan

Since Guns N Roses fans are held in the highest regard :rolleyes: I'm sure that would've set well with his already established and biased viewpoint.

:rofl-lol: man like he gives a shit about what were gonna say? writing some soppy response which needs violins playing in the background isn't going to do anything.... it may touch your heart....but i'm sure he's laughing, he clearly hates guns. it was a loser post! i stand by that.

Talks about PR

Hey Mike,

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey dude,

Your article is gay. It's like the gayest thing I've ever read. You're a hater and you suck and you probably like that emo fag shit LOLLOLLOLOL

Go fuck yourself

sincerely

GNR fan

Since us Guns N Roses fans are held in the highest regard :rolleyes: I'm sure that would've set well with his already established and biased viewpoint.

LOL! You think that is an intelligent response? Try using a "?" after you ask a question.

The Calgary Sun's music editor should hear from all of us...

mike.bell@calgarysun.com

Calgary Sun (Alberta)

March 5, 2006 Sunday

FINAL EDITION

SECTION: ENTERTAINMENT; Sounds like Sunday; Pg. 44

LENGTH: 761 words

HEADLINE: MAKING AXL MATTER AGAIN;

FORTHCOMING GUNS N' ROSES ALBUM IS ANY PUBLICIST'S DREAM COME TRUE

BYLINE: BY MIKE BELL, CALGARY SUN

BODY:

....Actually Lindsay Lohan's person or, more likely people (a team of 23 genetically created individuals working around the clock) are pioneers in the world of PR -- from the feuds to the sluttiness to the familial car-wreck to the lost diary to the anorexia to the "exhaustion" to the car show nipple slip, there is nothing too shameless in their world and for the good of their client.

Which makes it seem likely those same people have now set their skills on the once dormant career of Axl Rose.

Long the punchline to the old rock 'n' roll joke -- "How many jerks does it take to make a mediocre bar band famous and then break up that band when they're really popular and then get new musicians and call them the name of that old band and then take 10 years and an estimated $15 million to record a new album that will probably stink bad?" (I never said it was a good joke) -- Rose now sits on the most anticipated thing since the second coming of Christ (you probably missed it because that day Brangelina was spotted in a mall -- with the kids!!!)

Five songs reportedly from Chinese Democracy (I.R.S., There Was A Time, The Blues, Catcher In the Rye and Better) have already been "leaked" on the Internet and to radio stations, with all of the right reactions from the Rose camp such as cease and desist orders and the proper amount of "outrage" and "shock."

Uh huh. They really, really hate people talking about an album that, as of now, doesn't even have a release date.

Their client has been irrevocably damaged by the release of songs, which, despite sounding as dated and indulgent as the most bloated GNR song at the apex of their crapaciousness, have fuelled anticipation from fans and non-fans alike who acknowledge the blackhole of sucktitude this music represents but still can't wait to hear the rest of it to determine the full extent of its bowel-moving odiferousness.

Even I, after sitting through these songs and feeling the full wave of nausea sear through to the very core of my being, returning lunch back above ground and causing me to question the existence of a kind and merciful creator, even I want to hear the rest of the album.

Now, maybe, maybe these really are leaks.

But more likely it's the diabolical work of people who know what they're doing -- geniuses in the field of publicity.

And if that's the case, then I don't think it's a stretch to predict before the month is over --ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mrs. Lindsay Rose.

May I be the first to toast the bride.