Official IRS Single?

eschman

106.5 KWHL in Anchorage says they have an official CD of the IRS single, which they will play today or tomorrow. The DJ said that they "could play it today, but maybe tomorrow. Hell, you've waited 10 years, you can wait another day". They announced that they have a GnR single, and I called the station (907-349-9691) and asked for the title of the single and they said it was IRS. The website of the station is www.kwhl.com. I've already Emailed the DJ with the following Email, so please don't bomb the station with requests or questions. Also, the message says I don't know that it's IRS, I sent it before I got impatient and called. :)

Hey, you mentioned that you have a new GnR single… is this one of the leaks or was this straight from GnR’s management? I ask because 1. Lots of stations have gotten cease and desist orders for playing the leaks and 2. Three or four of the leaks are pretty high quality. Also, is the title ok to tell me? If it is IRS, Better, There Was a Time, or Catcher in the Rye, those are all songs where demos have been leaked in moderate to high quality. (Hope it’s Better, that’s by far the best tune of the four.)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

106.5 KWHL in Anchorage says they have an official CD of the IRS single, which they will play today or tomorrow. The DJ said that they "could play it today, but maybe tomorrow. Hell, you've waited 10 years, you can wait another day". They announced that they have a GnR single, and I called the station (907-349-9691) and asked for the title of the single and they said it was IRS. The website of the station is www.kwhl.com. I've already Emailed the DJ with the following Email, so please don't bomb the station with requests or questions. Also, the message says I don't know that it's IRS, I sent it before I got impatient and called. :)

Hey, you mentioned that you have a new GnR single… is this one of the leaks or was this straight from GnR’s management? I ask because 1. Lots of stations have gotten cease and desist orders for playing the leaks and 2. Three or four of the leaks are pretty high quality. Also, is the title ok to tell me? If it is IRS, Better, There Was a Time, or Catcher in the Rye, those are all songs where demos have been leaked in moderate to high quality. (Hope it’s Better, that’s by far the best tune of the four.)

let us know when they play it

HOLY FUCK!!!!

I just got off the phone with the DJ. I asked if the IRS that they have is a studio version or a leak....and the guy said he got it "straight from the record label"!!!!! Exact words! Call the number eschman provided and hear it for yourself! UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!

HOLY FUCK!!!!

I just got off the phone with the DJ. I asked if the IRS that they have is a studio version or a leak....and the guy said he got it "straight from the record label"!!!!! Exact words! Call the number eschman provided and hear it for yourself! UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!

I JUst call and they say they got the real single I.R.S from the label company

rock1 rock3:) finally after 13 years

They claim to have the single. I called New Yorks Q104.3 & 92.3Krock and I got two responses like they thought something was wrong with me. Krock actually sent me to their program advisor. He does not know about any singles from the record label. He does however know that IRS was leaked. We will have to wait and see. I am not convinced.

I wonder why a radio station in ALASKA, would have a single that the largest rock stations in New York would not?

Maybe they got a single as a reward for not playing the leaks? So if someone could confirm they didn't play the leaks we may be a little wiser as to why they have an offical copy of IRS.

I wonder why a radio station in ALASKA, would have a single that the largest rock stations in New York would not?

Maybe they got a single as a reward for not playing the leaks? So if someone could confirm they didn't play the leaks we may be a little wiser as to why they have an offical copy of IRS.

They DID NOT play the leaks.

I suggest everyone call their local radio stations. I am curious as to the responses you guys get. I am convinced that no New York stations have this "single". You guys know New York right, the largest city in the USA? Alaska over New York? When was the last time Axl was there?

They DID NOT play the leaks.

Very interesting, an album is usually not far off after the first offical single, so here's hoping this is all true. I'm thinking that we could see it released on iTunes.

Anyone want to call the station and tell themplay some of the song now?