Cream

Ringo

i believe cream has the best line up of all time. Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce. All are masters at what they do. they were the worlds first supergroup. they are amazing an dthey set the stage fro alot of greats like zeppelin and the who.

they r insanely underrated. SWLABR kicks ass along with white room, badge, stange brew, CROSSROADS

ya there awsome :xmasssanta:

Guest zipgunboogie

they are amazing. my favorite songs from clapton came from when he was in there.

yes they are mabey not so much underated but forgotten is the word i would use.

Fuck Yeah. The best band in the world only topped by Zeppelin...MAYBE. If Cream was around longer, they could've gone on to become the best band in the world, and surpassed Zep, Hendrix, and any other band you can think of. Baker, best drummer in technique and coordination; Jack Bruce, he finger plucks every song with INCREDIBLE speed; and Eric, great guitarist and complemnted the other two perfectly. Everything Cream did was to serve the music. They played form the soul more than any band I can think of. PURE kinetic energy brought through the power of music. Whether they know it or not, Cream paved the way for overdriven rock. They had some of the first half-stack. They played Royal Albert Hall without the use of a PA. It's a shame that they ended so soon. It also sucks that people are so quick to point to Zeppelin or Hendrix as the founders of rock, when in fact, Cream was before either of them. Cream was, is and always will be the best band ever.

Edited by The Volitan

I bloody love Cream, awesome style. Clapton cements himself as the greatest blues-rocks guitarist of all time in it, and influenced others like Hendrix. I cant think of another band that did so much in such a short career.

Btw the Who were around before Cream, and Entwistle was the one who invented the Stack :P

Fuck Yeah. The best band in the world only topped by Zeppelin...MAYBE. If Cream was around longer, they could've gone on to become the best band in the world, and surpassed Zep, Hendrix, and any other band you can think of. Baker, best drummer in technique and coordination; Jack Bruce, he finger plucks every song with INCREDIBLE speed; and Eric, great guitarist and complemnted the other two perfectly. Everything Cream did was to serve the music. They played form the soul more than any band I can think of. PURE kinetic energy brought through the power of music. Whether they know it or not, Cream paved the way for overdriven rock. They had some of the first half-stack. They played Royal Albert Hall without the use of a PA. It's a shame that they ended so soon. It also sucks that people are so quick to point to Zeppelin or Hendrix as the founders of rock, when in fact, Cream was before either of them. Cream was, is and always will be the best band ever.

What's a PA?

I love Cream, though I'm not a huge fan.

I bloody love Cream, awesome style. Clapton cements himself as the greatest blues-rocks guitarist of all time in it, and influenced others like Hendrix. I cant think of another band that did so much in such a short career.

Btw the Who were around before Cream, and Entwistle was the one who invented the Stack :P

ya but if u notice the whos style completely changed in their later years

The Sex Pistols?

I never thought that Cream were that great. Clapton is so overrated its not funny, and the songs really just aren't that great.

The Sex Pistols?

I never thought that Cream were that great. Clapton is so overrated its not funny, and the songs really just aren't that great.

Cream are awesome. Clapton is one of the most talented guitarists ever. He hits every note perfectly. even B.B. King says he is the master guitarist.

Everytime I see Thunderstruck's signature, I think "Jesus Christ the Beatles were some ugly mofos!"

Anywho... Cream were OK. That's about all they were. Clapton is not the guy everybody paints him to be. His rhythm playing is good, but only about 1 in every 100 of his solos comes out alright.

That's why I said SOME of the first half stacks :)

To the people who say Cream was so so, you have to see/hear the live stuff. The farewell concert is ok, but they wetre burned ot at that point. Listen to some bootlegs.

What's a PA?

A what most musicians use when they play big places. It's like an amp but everything goes into. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but you mic you instruments or amps, and that goes into the PA, which makes it super loud so everyone can hear it in a HUGE venue like Madison Square or something. Watch the UYI DVD's. You'll see those speakers on the ground towards the front of the stage, that's part of the PA system.

Edited by The Volitan

alrite wen people say clapton is overrated they obviously have never watched anything live by him. every note is PERFECT, no dead notes or anything, perfection. he has the best cordination as far as fingers and frets i have ever seen/ heard

The Sex Pistols?

Sex Pistols were a steaming pile of turd compared to Cream.

Please care to state why Clapton is overrated? Really i can't see why, he is after all one of the most influential musicians of the modern times (Slash?). No great songs? listern to White Room and Crossroads, those songs are so funky its not funny.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The Sex Pistols?

Please care to state why Clapton is overrated? Really i can't see why, he is after all one of the most influential musicians of the modern times (Slash?). No great songs? listern to White Room and Crossroads, those songs are so funky its not funny.

Clapton is overrated because he represents the blues for millions of people, and he doesn't deserve it.

Please care to state why Clapton is overrated? Really i can't see why, he is after all one of the most influential musicians of the modern times (Slash?).

Not too mention my favorite guitar player, Edward Van Halen. Eddie idolizes Clapton!!

The Sex Pistols?

Clapton is overrated because he represents the blues for millions of people, and he doesn't deserve it.

Clapton is an AWSOME blues guitarist. but ya there r better blues musicians like Robert Johnson and Albert King. But yes he is one of the greatest blues guitarists of all time. even though i still think hendrix was a better blues guitarist

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The Sex Pistols?

Clapton is an AWSOME blues guitarist. but ya there r better blues musicians like Robert Johnson and Albert King. But yes he is one of the greatest blues guitarists of all time. even though i still think hendrix was a better blues guitarist

True, he is good.

I just never cared to listen to him playing the blues, I can listen to the originals and that's good enough for me.

I met a harmonica player who had been in The Muddy Waters Band and toured with Clapton. Let me tell you he had a whole lot more to say about Mud.

The Sex Pistols?

True, he is good.

I just never cared to listen to him playing the blues, I can listen to the originals and that's good enough for me.

I met a harmonica player who had been in The Muddy Waters Band and toured with Clapton. Let me tell you he had a whole lot more to say about Mud.

ya i agree muddy waters is better. but i dont usually listen to claptons blues stuff. just Cream and i little of his solo stuff. my uncle jammed with buddy miles who played with clapton and hendrix and he told me that buddy said hendrix is 10 times better than clapton with blues. which i agree cuz his stuff with the band of gypsies is KILLER