________

Guest Bach

I have a question about buying tickets to this show. I'm currently planning on spending three weeks in Europe (I'm from Toronto, Canada) and thought I'd meet up with a friend who's already over there and watch GNR rock Paris. My question is what is the proper process to buying tickets. I see they're on sale March 20th, checked out the ticketnet.fr site, but am a little confused as my french is not what it use to be (and it never was tres bien). Is there anyone else from North America planning on buying tickets and attending the event?

Thoughts?

Andrew

P.S. Any idea of what the price range for tickets will be?

The price range will probably be around 50/60 US $. If you visit the site ticket.fr, click on the red hot chili peppers concerts or on the Korn one. You'll see a plan of Bercy : there are two tickets categories, one a bit more expensive than the other. The expensive one gives you a numbered seat. The cheaper one allows you to be in front of the scene or on a seat without number (farer from the scene).

The arena's site : bercy.fr

This site will also sell the tickets : fnacspectacles.fr

If you have a doubt about some French words, just ask.

When you say scene, do you mean stage? As in, if I buy the cheaper tickets, does that mean they're general admission tickets that allows me to go right up to the front of the stage (assuming I get there early enough)?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I meant stage.

The cheaper tickets allow you to go right up to the front of the stage, if you want. Or to have a seat (without number) quite far from the stage. On the ticket.fr plan, the cheaper tickets zone is green (cat. 2). The expensive ones zone (cat. 1) is mauve (seats with a number).

m963936ok.gif

Edited by Alan Niveen

According to fnacspectacles.com : "de 39,80 € à 67,30 €"

Another question...

It's now the 19th, and supposedly they go on sale tomorrow. Does anyone know what time they actually go on sale. I'd like to get good seats, so I'd like to strike when they open up shop. So what time exactly do they go on sale (I see something about 18:30 - when I translated this into english it indicates that's when the doors open - for what? The show or tickets sales). So if tickets go on sale at 18:30 (meaning 6:30 pm local Paris time), then that means I have to be ready for 12:30 my local time (Toronto Canada is six hours behind Paris).

Also, can I buy tickets via ticketnet.fr or will I have to purchase my tickets over the phone? The problem is that I'm on the road all day and getting to a computer might be difficult at that time. I'm also a little hesitant to rely on calling into ticketnet's call centre as my french is horrible and I'm worried that I wouldn't be able to buy tickets due to communication problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

Alright, so I just checked out HTGTH and it's reporting that tickets go on sale at 10am CET (Central Europe Time - I had to look that up). Which means I've got to haul my ass out of bed at 3:58am here to be first in line on the internet. But I'm still confused as to whether I can buy tickets via ticketnet.fr as I'm not able to locate where I put my credit card information in. I assume that once tickets are available for purchase, you then put your credit card information in? In North America, with ticketmaster, you can presave your creditcard information with your account so you don't have to bother when you're buying tickets. Does such a feature exist on ticknet.fr or as I mentioned, do I just have it ready for when I buy tickets.

Kind of asked the same question a couple of times, but yeah, any help would again be very appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

I assume that once tickets are available for purchase, you then put your credit card information in? In North America, with ticketmaster, you can presave your creditcard information with your account so you don't have to bother when you're buying tickets. Does such a feature exist on ticknet.fr or as I mentioned, do I just have it ready for when I buy tickets.

I don't think the feature that you've mentioned exists on ticket.fr

So you will have to wake up quite early to put your credit card information in ! :P

There is one thing that you can already do : to create your account (give a valid e-mail address, your real name and address so they can send you the tickets).

Try to order a ticket for the Korn concert for example in order to familiarize with the site. The first step is to chose what kind of tickets do you want (cat. 1 or cat. 2) and how many.

(I don't think it will sell out as fast as in Finland... but you can never know. Bercy has a 17,000 capacity)

Edited by Alan Niveen

I assume that once tickets are available for purchase, you then put your credit card information in? In North America, with ticketmaster, you can presave your creditcard information with your account so you don't have to bother when you're buying tickets. Does such a feature exist on ticknet.fr or as I mentioned, do I just have it ready for when I buy tickets.

I don't think the feature that you've mentioned exists on ticket.fr

So you will have to wake up quite early to put your credit card information in ! :P

There is one thing that you can already do : to create your account (give a valid e-mail address, your real name and address so they can send you the tickets).

Try to order a ticket for the Korn concert for example in order to familiarize with the site. The first step is to chose what kind of tickets do you want (cat. 1 or cat. 2) and how many.

(I don't think it will sell out as fast as in Finland... but you can never know. Bercy has a 17,000 capacity)

Thanks for your help there Niveen...

I'm just a little anxious to get tickets and I don't want something dumb (ie, communication, lack of understanding on my part) to get in the way of me seeing GNR in Paris.

As for Bercy selling out quickly, I wouldn't be surprised. MSG in New York (which is roughly the same size) sold out in 15 - 20 minutes in 2002. With word spreading of GNR's trip to Europe this summer, I think it will be one of the hotest tickets in town, especially a city as big as Paris. Just don't want to risk it.

New question, what's most people planning buying? The general admission tickets or assigned seating? I'm probably going to go with assigned seating as I'll probably be pretty tired from the flight the day before and don't want to have to stand around for 4-5 hours in order to get a close view of the stage. I've done both, and both have their benefits. Anyway, curious as to what everyone else is planning on buying.

Cheers,

Andrew

HURRY UP GUYS !!! rock4

Got my ass out of bed just in time to buy two assigned seats (Carre OR)...

Looks like everything's gone with exception to 2000 general tickets. Figured this would sell out quickly...

Anyway, looking forward to the show. I hope Axl repeats what he said for the PPV special back in 1992: "Paris France, and the rest of the world, DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE..."

Anyway, hope everyone who wanted seats got them.

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. Thanks for everyone's help. Now, anyone know how far Bercy arena is from my hotel (near Notre Dam)?

BTW, I'm glad I stuck to my suspicion that the english speaking people would get the shaft and navigated through the French portal of the website. After buying my tickets, I went to the English version and noticed the site wouldn't let the user buy tickets yet.

i got my tickets

from HTGTH

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but you have to take into account that a lot of the tickets were bought in advance by companies who then sell them to their staff at a discount price. At least half of the tickets were gone that way I would say. So it's not only the general public that bought all those tickets so fast.

Edited by koudair