Rolling Stone MAG reviews leaked DEMOS

Funeral

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the UYI songs have been written at the same period that the AFD ones... The lyrics and the music of AFD and UYI are similar, not the production.

Anyway, Axl said that he is trying something different and this is a new band, so...

Edited by Alan Niveen

Most of the UYI songs have been written at the same period that the AFD ones... The lyrics and the music of AFD and UYI are similar, not the production.

Anyway, Axl said that he is trying something different and this is a new band.

Agreed, the production on UI is way different, went from gritty (AFD) to almost too slick in my opinion. Now the production makes it sound dated to me. still, great albums and great songs are in there just like a more raw production myself.

Can we PLEASE cut the crap with all the pointless GnR vs VR fighting?!!

It's so brainless and annoying. To each their own and just fuck off with all this bullshit!

So true ! Let's send your post to Axl !

now THATS a fucking brainless comment..

if you look at the history this whole thing was started with slash and duff filing frivolous lawsuits for the purpose of

- holding Axl and gnr back (see Axl's quotes from Rock in Rio 3)

- financial gain

- public deformation of Axl Rose's character

And so turning discussion after discussion into gnr vr. vr battle helps anything? It's just pointless because it's shouting back and forth which is better. There isn't even real discussion. Just fucking respect eachothers opinion on what they like best!

If it makes you feel better I was listening :rolleyes:

Page 68 for all that have it...

LEAKS:

Guns N' Roses

Chinese Democracy Demos

After a loony decade-long delay, it's a relief just to know that Axl Rose really has been recording - and suprisingly enough, judging by three freshly leaked demos, Chinese Democracy could end up being worth the wait. "Better" is the strongest track: With robotic rhythm guitar, poppy verses, an aggro chorus and an exotic falsetto intro, it beats most of Use Your Illusion I and II. In contrast, "There Was a Time wants to be a "Don't Cry"- style epic but sounds more like an overproduced mess. "I.R.S." however is an effective hard-rock tune nimbly sliding drum loops underneath crunchy ascending power chords and Rose howling like he just got off that bus from Indiana. Hey, AXL, put the thing out - it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver.

By Brian Hiatt

Nice :)

I do love GNR alot more than VR. But VR do kick ass and make some great songs i don't think it's fair to say that GNR at this point in time are better than VR as theyre isn't enougth to prove it with when CD comes out they most likely will be better than VR but until then theyre both good :)

Edited by Axel1304

I desagree completly with his opinion on TWAT because I think it is awsome... Anyway I think that Velvet are a good band but I only bought their CD due to the fact that there are old GNR band members.

It is too soon for a comparison... Wait for Chinese and then we will compare the bandas...

Nice :)

I do love GNR alot more tyhan VR. But VR do kick ass and make some great songs i don't think it's fair to say that GNR at this point in time are beeter than VR as thyere isn't enougth to prove it with when CD comes out they kmost likely will be better than VR but until then theyre both good :)

- and fairly insulting to VR bearing in mind they have worked their arses off(ass for American viewers :P ).

UK SUBS.

Jesus..i hate it when people say "ass".... :anger:

:heart:

I desagree completly with his opinion on TWAT because I think it is awsome... Anyway I think that Velvet are a good band but I only bought their CD due to the fact that there are old GNR band members.

It is too soon for a comparison... Wait for Chinese and then we will compare the bandas...

i bought there cd because of Slither thats a good song!